Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Please not Slane.

Has to happen someday and we knw Mount Charles wants them there

Been a running gig joke for years but its might finally come true

Really prefer Croke Park or the Aviva again

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

40 years since Highway to Hell!

All time classic album, although Beating Around The Bush is a terrible song, it would be perfect if that was left off it, stuff like Get It Hot and Love Hungry Man which I consider filler are great and would be highlights if they were on most of their eighties albums, Night Prowler is genuinely demented and one of the best things they've ever done and If You Want Blood has probably the best guitar intro ever and some on the nose social commentary in the lyrics.

Walk All Over You is them at their raw, unadulterated best, the two drum fills at the start are brilliant, I'm surprised Touch Too Much never took off like YSMANL or Thunderstruck or were the backing vocals just too blatant :D

If Bon was still alive they probably would be as popular as they are now, although him and the Youngs probably would have got sick of each other at some point, still it's an album that will still sound good in another 40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

All time classic album, although Beating Around The Bush is a terrible song, it would be perfect if that was left off it, stuff like Get It Hot and Love Hungry Man which I consider filler are great and would be highlights if they were on most of their eighties albums, Night Prowler is genuinely demented and one of the best things they've ever done and If You Want Blood has probably the best guitar intro ever and some on the nose social commentary in the lyrics.

Walk All Over You is them at their raw, unadulterated best, the two drum fills at the start are brilliant, I'm surprised Touch Too Much never took off like YSMANL or Thunderstruck or were the backing vocals just too blatant :D

If Bon was still alive they probably would be as popular as they are now, although him and the Youngs probably would have got sick of each other at some point, still it's an album that will still sound good in another 40 years.

HTH is superb but I think Powerage is slightly better
    HTH is a little more polished than its predecessors. I think HTH was the first AC/DC album not produced by Vanda and Young and it shows. I prefer a rawer sound that was more obvious in the earlier albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I love Beating Around the Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Highway To Hell is great, no doubt about it (Shot Down In Flames is a personal favourite) but, while it took a while to grow on me, I think Powerage is their best album.

Wednesday comes and goes without the predicted announcement, I notice....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Penfailed

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Please not Slane.

I'd love to see them at Slane.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

40 years since Highway to Hell!

A huge step forward for AC/DC. You could tell they were putting in a massive shift. Possibly their best set of songs, held back slightly by the trebly sound.

Still though, I agree with those who give Powerage the edge. It has great songs too, fantastic guitar sounds, and (what distinguishes it) a real live feel to the production. Personal favourite ‘Gimme a bullet’. The first AC/DC song I heard on vinyl.

Took me a long time to get the into BATB. Same with the song Back in Black.

*Runs for cover* :pac:

McDave wrote: »
    A huge step forward for AC/DC. You could tell they were putting in a massive shift. Possibly their best set of songs, held back slightly by the trebly sound.

From what I've read, the record company put pressure on them to ditch Vanda/George Young as producers and go with the more established Mutt Lange

From what I've read, the record company put pressure on them to ditch Vanda/George Young as producers and go with the more established Mutt Lange

Yes, that is true. The label wanted a radio-friendly producer. The initial suggestion, Eddie Kramer (Kiss) was rejected by Malcolm. Lange was agreed on.

Depending on who you read, Bon Scott was under sustained pressure too. When a meeting was called to fire Mark Evans, Bon thought he was for the chop. Later, after Powerage (the end of that phase of Vanda/Young in the studio) relatively flopped, the label was also questioning was Scott the singer to take AC/DC to the next level. Jesse Fink in his book on Scott outlined Bon’s substance abuse and how it was wearing him down and affecting his image and performances, raising questions about his sustainability and reliability.

So overall, those strategising AC/DC’s progress didn’t hesitate to put Vanda/Young and Scott in the crosshairs. Showbusiness is showbusiness, as Bon himself more or less said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 el3ctronick

been searching to see if a gig will happen in Slane in 2020.. and if yes which band it would be.. Denis Desmond saying that the biggest band in the world will play IF it reunites first... and people believe that when saying "the biggest band in the world" he means Oasis? seriously?... IMO Oasis were a nice band with 12-15 great songs but that's it. when saying the biggest band in the world.. I would assume something like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd... in no way I would have ever thought of Oasis as even in the top 50 of the greatest bands..
    anyway, I am looking forward to an announcement for slane.. will be very happy if it is Oasis or AC/DC?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

**** Oasis, pile of shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

**** Oasis, pile of shyte

Lads if Oasis announced a Slane gig it would sell out immediately. Probably twice over. Definitely a bigger band in today's climate than acdc

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

So would One Direction if they reformed so not sure what the argument is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

So would One Direction if they reformed so not sure what the argument is.

Don't think so. One direction are a manufactured group - marketed towards pre-teens and a few teenage girls etc. Parents will bring their kids along to the likes of Croke Park - bit of a day out for themselves. I can't see too many of this "precious-type" clientele treking down to Slane in to unknown. Nor will they be camping out, and definately won't want to be facing into a journey home into the small hours of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

You know it's okay to like Oasis and AC/DC

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭limerickabroad

Just want to point out that today is the 40th anniversary of Bon Scott's death . . . Rock in Peace, Bon!

url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nEAmt5AZ8[/url

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Just want to point out that today is the 40th anniversary of Bon Scott's death . . . Rock in Peace, Bon!

URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nEAmt5AZ8[/URL

A True Rock Legend.. RIP Bon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

AC/DC Slane next year. Confirmed.

Too soon?...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

A little late, but I'm just gonna leave this here.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Bastad!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If they're gonna play anywhere in Ireland next year it will be Slane, they'll do minimal amount of gigs for maximum people so you'll be looking at the Slane, Knebworth type venues

New album will feature some surprises from Malcolm Young according to Dee Snider.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ac-dcs-new-album-features-surprises-from-malcolm-young-2615798

New album will feature some surprises from Malcolm Young according to Dee Snider.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ac-dcs-new-album-features-surprises-from-malcolm-young-2615798

A few techno and dance numbers on it i reckon ha

Apparently a few photos from a video shoot were briefly on the AC/DC website recently before being swiftly taken down. But some bloke in Brazil managed to get a couple of screenshots. Could be BS of course as we've been hearing rumours of a secretly recorded new album for years now but haven't had any concrete proof of anything in the works.

https://loudwire.com/ac-dc-photos-brian-johnson-phil-rudd-reunion/

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Apparently a few photos from a video shoot were briefly on the AC/DC website recently before being swiftly taken down. But some bloke in Brazil managed to get a couple of screenshots. Could be BS of course as we've been hearing rumours of a secretly recorded new album for years now but haven't had any concrete proof of anything in the works.

https://loudwire.com/ac-dc-photos-brian-johnson-phil-rudd-reunion/

With the power of photoshop, you can't believe anything you see on the Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

With the power of photoshop, you can't believe anything you see on the Internet

Dunno, it seems legit to me

Capture.png

The Nal wrote: »
    Dunno, it seems legit to me

Capture.png

I'm sold deff getting tickets to that ha

Anyway Slane 2021/2022/2023 whatever is a real possibility and finally ending the meme that is AC/DC headling Slane

Saw them in 2015 in the Aviva and it was a good show, pity I never saw them with Mal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

so i take it cliff williams is also back in the fold great to see but what was all that retiring lark abt so

• Advertisement

New activity on the bands social media

Advertisement