Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Depends on what you played before.

A lot of content will be disappearing in November so there will be story stuff and activities that you won't be able to do anymore come November.

This has the list of stuff going away, so if you have access to it already that is where I would start. (anything listed as 'Moving to DCV')

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49454

In terms of stuff to buy - maybe Foresaken and Shadowkeep, especially if you want to play the Raid associated with them (Last Wish and Garden of Salvation) but I wouldn't bother with any of the seasonal stuff at this point, if you can even still buy them.

Nice one, thanks for the reply. Logged on today and apparently I already have a character, so grinded a few strikes and other things up to 1018 light. Will work through the dlc campaigns too and prob pick up foresaken first and maybe shadowkeep afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Completed 57 forges to get the final piece of the armour set.

Now have to do the daily one of each forges to complete the mission, I am doing them with unmodded low level armour and getting slaughtered. I feel bad for the 2 randomers who are carrying me tru these :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Completed 57 forges to get the final piece of the armour set.

Now have to do the daily one of each forges to complete the mission, I am doing them with unmodded low level armour and getting slaughtered. I feel bad for the 2 randomers who are carrying me tru these :(

Is that for Izanagis or for the emblem? I normally go in a whiter horde and guillotine it up.

Its for Forge Essence, I have to complete all the forges with the full armour set and 3 forge weapons equipped.

using Hand Cannon, Auto Rilfe and Hammerhead.

Seems I never finished Eater of Worlds, completed it there via the sherpa discord.

Its very buggy we wiped a few times for what seemed no apparent reason on the jumping part.

Probably the easiest raid I have done in terms of mechanics.

• Advertisement

Exotic weapons:

Pulse - NO TIME TO EXPLAIN
    Precision hits and hits against enemies affected by Stasis will return to the magazine. Stack this effect to summon a portal which will fire bullets from an alternate timeline of the weapon.
    Sniper - CLOUDSTRIKE
    Precision final blows will generate lightning bolts at the target location. Rapid precision shots will summon an entire storm at the point of impact.
    Sword - THE LAMENT
    A mortal blade, a stalwart shield. Block with The Lament to rev the blade, then shred through shielded enemies. At its peak, damaging an enemy will heal the wielder.
    Grenade launcher - SALVATION’S GRIP
    Redemption is within your grasp. Each fired projectile will create Stasis crystals that will freeze nearby targets. Charge to increase the amount of crystals created and the freeze radius.
    Exotic armour:

Titan - ICEFALL MANTLE
    Stand tall against the oncoming hordes with this reinforced armor that replaces the Titan’s Barricade with Overshield, absorbing damage from incoming fire.
    Titan - PRECIOUS SCARS
    Prove your strength, even when coming back from the brink. Upon revives, the Titan gains an Overshield aura that protects the wearer and nearby allies.

Hunter - MASK OF BAKRIS
    Don the Mask to replace the Hunter’s Dodge ability with a longer range Shift ability that also temporarily cloaks the wearer during use.

Hunter - ARTHRYS’S EMBRACE
    The Hunter’s weighted knife gains a second ricochet; rapid precision hits gain a damage bonus and can temporarily stagger enemies.

Warlock - DAWN CHORUS
    Feel that sweet burn. The Warlock’s Daybreak projectiles deal extra damage and cause enemies to burn on contact. Gain melee energy each time a burn damages a target.

Warlock - NECROTIC GRIP
    A deadly caress, compounded. Melee attacks corrupt enemies with increasing damage over time. Defeating a corrupted combatant spreads the corruption to nearby targets and restores melee energy.

No Time To Explain - Available with Beyond Light + Season, Digital Deluxe, and Collector's Edition during Season 12. All players with Beyond Light can acquire it after Season 12.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Destiny/BeyondLight/Gear

Live event is 1am tonight (our time) before the 14 hour shut down.

https://twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/1324506834523226112

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Beyond Light is the first DLC I have not pre purchased. Since I first bought D1 back in year 1. The last 5 months of D2 has been so boring with recycled content continuously being rolled out as "new content" - This time I will wait a month, read the reviews and then decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

I got beyond light, wont get the season pass as I was fairly disappointed last year.

Anyway. It launched 53 mins ago and still cant get in. Not sure why i'm surprised.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Still not in here :(

• Advertisement

I am enjoying it, completed the main part of the campaign last night and it opened up a load of after missions. Annoyed certain events came back, was hoping for more newer ones, glimmer and vex contruct :(

Europa is stunning, nice to see skulls besides the enemies names, make you work for it.

The Strike is probably the best of the lot, that could be me seriously sick of the old ones and just liking anything new. It should be very interesting in Nightfall.

I see the internet is upset with the lack of content for €40 and the removal of content. I cant really decide anything until we see how the season plays out with the Hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I am enjoying it, completed the main part of the campaign last night and it opened up a load of after missions. Annoyed certain events came back, was hoping for more newer ones, glimmer and vex contruct :(

Europa is stunning, nice to see skulls besides the enemies names, make you work for it.

The Strike is probably the best of the lot, that could be me seriously sick of the old ones and just liking anything new. It should be very interesting in Nightfall.

I see the internet is upset with the lack of content for €40 and the removal of content. I cant really decide anything until we see how the season plays out with the Hunt.

I don't see the season changing people's perspectives on the actual expansion itself. The season is an additional purchase, IMO we shouldn't need to wait for additional paid content to feel justified in paying 40 quid for the base expansion. The expansion itself should justify spending that 40 based on it's own merits.

For me the biggest issue is the complete disregard of the core activity playlists with this expansion. With the amount of content being vaulted, the fact that they haven't plugged that gap with any new maps, strikes (apart from one new one) etc. is a bit of a joke. Taking that into account along with the fact bare minimum of effort was made in updating the loot pool and this is legitimately the first time I've felt like I haven't got my moneys worth out of a big year beginning expansion, and I say that as someone who is one of the more casual Destiny players, and therefore quite easily pleased when it comes to content releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I haven't been on in months, first serious break since Destiny itself released. By far my most played ever game. I'm still on the fence over getting this just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm enjoying it so far, making my way through the post story missions now, which are a bit of fun.
    Also nice not being overpowered for everything again, even if the power grind gets a bit old. Hit 1200 yesterday so back into decent legendary gear, instead of the mismatch of blue stuff.

I'd say a chunk of the people whinging about no content are the ones power levelling like ****.
    I'm doing a reasonable amount, not dawdling either, and am on about level 12 on the season pass. I've seen lads up in the high 50's already, basically no life-ing the game and then likely giving out that there's zero content.
    It's not as abundant with content as Forsaken, so far, but they said it wouldn't be as big.
    I also haven't really noticed the weapons thing much as clearly I didn't use most of them anyway.

Hit 1200 on my 1st character last night and level 13 on season pass, others i playing with on their 3rd characters @1200 and whinging about content.

These are the same lads who abused Widows Walk and are now abusing the other glitch on the moon to the same effect.

I enjoy going into Lost sectors and story missions when the dudes have skulls beside their names.

I have a week to get 3 characters close to 1230 for the raid thats plenty of time, the sabotage hunts(after the story) are very good tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I have been playing on the Series X on game pass, and while it doesn't have the enhancements for it yet, the ssd on its own is a huge improvement. Stuff loads as fast the PC now.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

wes wrote: »
    I have been playing on the Series X on game pass, and while it doesn't have the enhancements for it yet, the ssd on its own is a huge improvement. Stuff loads as fast the PC now.

It'll be interesting when they release the PS5/Series X upgrades and see how much it improves it.

Load times have been improved on the one and one x as well. Axing a ton of the game significantly reduced the install size for the game which helps seek time for assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I did try the PS4 and the loading seemed the same, but that may have been due to getting use to the Series X fast loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I did try the PS4 and the loading seemed the same, but that may have been due to getting use to the Series X fast loading.

It's a lot quicker on PS4, it doesn't take minutes from the Title Screen to character selection any more. I've also only gotten stuck at a transition point once since BL launched, and even then it was only a second or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I've used the cross save to play it on the series x as well and it's nice alright, the update December 8th will be great for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Getting back into D2 for the first time in over a year. Does anyone play on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have to say having looked at the reviews today I mostly agree with the sentiment online.

The expansions have been uninspired since Forsaken imo and the seasons even worse. The whole thing reeks of bungie doing the bare minimum to make cash to cover what they spent buying themselves out from activision.

I'm glad they got a bit of a trashing,hopefully it will inspire them to do better.

Beyond Light will be a sale purchase for me if at all.

Wouldnt listen to the fanatics Eoinhef, play it and make your own mind up.

The way i look at it is, Destiny 2 is a very very good game, Beyond light adds more to it and takes some stuff away but like ED its actual gameplay (shooting and killing) is very good.

For €70 DLC + season pass do I think I got my moneys worth now, probably no ( i equate euros to cash so 1 hour =1€ if I go above the price I got my monies worth) Will I get my monies worth probably yes.

As with ED and any other "live" game I find Destiny 2 players are as bad as everyone else, which is summed up perfectly in this image.

5nlu46sdv3061.png

Simply stop playing and move onto something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I agree destiny is one of the slickest feeling shooters on the market but that only gets you so far.

The content has to be there to warrant continued play,I find the content the last year at least pretty lack lustre.

Mostly playing warframe for a shooter fix atm.

I do find it disappointing as destiny has been my go to daily game for years now.

This is the first content I havent pre ordered since before the Taken King in D1 but I'm not going to spend €40 for the sake of it.

If im spending that much i want to be enthused to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I dunno, I'm really enjoying beyond light.
    i checked out pretty much immediately after the story missions on forsaken, as I felt it was just a grind fest.
    I've a fair bit of time put in now, and still finding lots to do, between upgrading my subclass, more exotic quests and missions that unlocked after the raid was beaten, as well as the new hunts. If you've game pass ultimate, its free on xbox, so no reason not to check it out tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 macuilic

Hi all, jumping back into Destiny 2 after 2 years. Is there a Boards clan I can join. I play on PC.

Thanks in advance lads!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I dunno, I'm really enjoying beyond light.
    i checked out pretty much immediately after the story missions on forsaken, as I felt it was just a grind fest.
    I've a fair bit of time put in now, and still finding lots to do, between upgrading my subclass, more exotic quests and missions that unlocked after the raid was beaten, as well as the new hunts. If you've game pass ultimate, its free on xbox, so no reason not to check it out tbh.

yeah i'd agree with that, feels like a LOT more to do than shadowkeep, to the point i'm way behind on some stuff, as i focused on hitting 1230 to get raid ready, raid was a lot of fun with contest modifier, didn't get it done, stuck at the same part as most others, but we'll knck it out this week.

and certainly not seeing negative reviews online, most anyone i'd actually value their opinion is pretty positive.

i would say it's a huge addtion, all the wailing about removing content people owned, well given the size of what they have added it was unfounded, and they've already set out on a steady drip of new stuff to do since it launched, i think it looks pretty good for the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Everyone was giving out week one that there was nothing to do after the story, when most things hadn't even been released yet. The raid wasn't even live at that point..

There's more than enough to keep me going, with all the things you need to do for Variks and Crow, along with the exotic quests, Darkness quests for Elsie etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Really enjoying Beyond Light, I never buy into negativity in the destiny community. The only mistake I think bungie have made is sunsetting the gear from Forsaken and Shadowkeep. The loot pool in the game does feel a tad small. But they have already addressed that somewhat

A load of stuff opening up after the raid again was class. If you have not got it yet, get Lament. It's unreal, melts champions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i'd also add, that this is definitely the best the game has been in terms of builds. it actually feels like you can vary things up with your builds. that poison build with the new warlock exotic gloves and thorn could be my favourite build yet in destiny

Advertisement