Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Neighbours Garden

dec1st003.jpg

My ford Transit is under here somewhere.

dec1st001.jpg

Hungry Crow

dec1st002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

As said, blizzard conditions in Dun Laoghaire. Main bus routes are being avoided by Dublin Bus, so no work for me today! :D I have to say that the Dublin Bus website has been very helpful and it much easier to read now. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Jake1 wrote: »
    So as I was saying in old thread ... hehe,

snowing here in Lucan think I heard thunder too.

Hi Jake;

Can you keep us updated on Lucan, I am in town working. Was bad enough this morning on the way in.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

lara_la wrote: »
    They stop the luas does anyone know???

check transport.ie lara :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Will people edit pictures to fit! 800x600 is big enough :)

Lovely sunny morning after yesterdays evenings near blizzard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Lots comming down in Newbridge atm...-1.9 according to my basic termo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Stopped in D15 - sky is brightening and clouds are disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Silly amount of snow in Carlow this AM. From 5-8 inches and maybe a foot in some drifts. The above is our drive into work this morning, it was uneventful but man was it pretty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Dun Laoighaire taking a pasting right now! Kill Ave/Lane York Road very dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

WeatherCheck or Darkman2;

Will there be a wind change today to helps us get over the island of man shadow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 DAN85

Blizzard in Blessington at the moment.

Hi Jake;

Can you keep us updated on Lucan, I am in town working. Was bad enough this morning on the way in.

Thanks

Ill do my best. Mightnt be on ALL day, but here on and off. :)

I can tell you its been coming down in Weston for about 25 mins. fresh covering over everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Just easing for the first time in about an hour and a half in Greystones. Between last night and this morning I would say about 4-5 inches with much deeper drifts in places. I'm on 13 mtrs above sea level!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mickyp

Still fairly coming down in Dundrum. Grass area outside was covered nice and deeply, just like a huge blanket over it....then some woman comes and ruins it by walking on it!!!! Y I Otta!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

In your face Isle of Man!! Finally a good fall of snow in Phibsboro!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Crazy crazy snow here the last hour and 15 minutes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yahooguy

Safe to say i'm not getting home from work in the car...where i am in dun laoghaire is taking some bashing at the moment...main road has an inch od snow already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Symantec, Ballycoolin, Blanchardstown - the shadow didn't stop it after all :D

1zoe152.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Ashbourne had fresh snow this morning when I left... Typically it snowed on me the whole way from my bus stop to work in Finglas and now......... it has stopped.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Beer fridge on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

WeatherCheck or Darkman2;

Will there be a wind change today to helps us get over the island of man shadow?

Can someone tell me what the Isle of Man Shadow is? Been following the thread and keep seeing it and its wrecking my head now!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Still snowing here, though lighter than earlier...clearer skies to the north. I guess this is what happens when you're right on the margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

MORNING Fellow Boardsonians! :)... Hav to say , im happy we hav SOME sort of snow top up here in finglas from last nite, was great fun coming home from a friend's house in it at 2am!... i practically skated all the way home on the roads, not a person or car in sight!..

HOpe the temp doesnt go up any further tough :(

Oh, and Happy 1st Of December!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The latest snow shower in Lucan seems to have eased off but there's still some awfully dirty clouds overhead. I reckon we're in for some more showers later on

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

http://www.sat24.com/image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=2&sat=irimage.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=2&sat=ir

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

watch this sat image on the link in animation, the cloud streamers seem to be rotating as they come inland this means the clouds are getting in behind the IOM somewhat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Mental weather through the night, real heavy winds and the hailstones battered the windows of my house so hard they set the alarm off around 3am along with other houses in the area! Loads of fresh snow and blizzard conditions since half 8 and still going! :D ( Carrickmines and UCD)

Heroditas wrote: »
    The latest snow shower in Lucan seems to have eased off but there's still some awfully dirty clouds overhead. I reckon we're in for some more showers later on

Thank god someone moved the Isle of Man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Snowing fairly well the last 40 mins or so in Lucan.

Accumulations of about 4-5 cm overnight and this morning.

In your face Isle of Man!:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lashing down snow in newbridge ,

Im up and ready to go to work , but looking out the window , Im in two minds

Temp -3.3

DP -4.4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Shankill & Ballybrack area is a nightmare at the moment being hammered with snow the roads are a mess no grit on the roads, covered in ice and a couple of inches of snow now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement