Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The county with the worst drivers in Ireland has been revealed

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

tbf, Donegal has gotten a bad rap in the last number of years; crap roads coupled with crap weather and to make things worse a boy racer culture.

Cork at third and being the largest county is hardly a surprise.

Donegal has a higher proportion of deaths in recent years but the line about crap roads is rubbish. I would go as far to say that the roads in Donegal are considerably better than those in Dublin which are absolutely dreadful. I would hate to have to live in Dublin and drive on them every day, you cant drive 1km without hitting countless divets and humps from poorly repaired roads after they were dug up for water/phone/rail/whatever services. I hate driving in Dublin for that reason. I don't have that shíte to contend with here in Donegal, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I would hate to have to live in Dublin and drive on them every day, you cant drive 1km without hitting countless divets and humps from poorly repaired roads after they were dug up for water/phone/rail/whatever services. I hate driving in Dublin for that reason. I don't have that shíte to contend with here in Donegal, thankfully.

Yes, the absence of water, phone, rail and whatever services in Donegal makes life a lot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Any Dubliners unfortunate enough to hit the M50 on big GAA match days must wryly chuckle at the fact it's their driving that's coming in for criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭blackwhite

As someone fromone of the counties with the supposed best drivers, living in the county with the supposed worst drivers, I can honestly say that the worst drivers I encounter tend to be driving LH reg cars.

Never understood why - but over many years of driving up and down the M4/N4 I seem to have encountered a disproportionate number of idiots with LH cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Ask a load of culchies who they think are the worst at anything and they're going to come back with dem bleedin Dubs.
    It's a silly survey but calling people "culchies" isn't exactly going to engender love and affection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I suppose in fairness to Donegal they have the worst roads also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Donegal has a higher proportion of deaths in recent years but the line about crap roads is rubbish. I would go as far to say that the roads in Donegal are considerably better than those in Dublin which are absolutely dreadful. I would hate to have to live in Dublin and drive on them every day, you cant drive 1km without hitting countless divets and humps from poorly repaired roads after they were dug up for water/phone/rail/whatever services. I hate driving in Dublin for that reason. I don't have that shíte to contend with here in Donegal, thankfully.

You haven't been driving Letterkenny to Lifford for the last few months! :D

But aside from that road, I agree the roads probably aren't much worse that any other rural county. For me, driving in Dublin is a bloodsport, with all their bus lanes compressing cars into single lanes at rush hour and the desperation that engenders in drivers to get the hell out of the traffic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Galway City

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Any Dubliners unfortunate enough to hit the M50 on big GAA match days must wryly chuckle at the fact it's their driving that's coming in for criticism.

It must be an eye opener for the Dubs on those days alright. They are so used to their 'Stepford wives' manner of crawling along and then our boys come up and zig zag in and out and get on up the road ahead of them, whoa ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Vita nova wrote: »
    It's a silly survey but calling people "culchies" isn't exactly going to engender love and affection.

Damn right!, we're Red necks and proud of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

You are being kidded if you think that salaries in Dublin are significantly higher than in rural Ireland. To use your Belmullet analogy, an electrician, Doctor, accountant, minimum wage guy,etc, in Belmullet will earn the very same as his equivalent in Dublin.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to argue that one.:confused:

Advertisement