Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-03-2020, 09:12   #16
zoobizoo

They're writing letters.....

Mary Lou in an interview the other night: "I wrote a letter to the Taoiseach outlining what needs to be done/what needed to be done".

Pearse Doherty: "I wrote a letter to the banks telling them what needs to be done"

How are these letters delivered?
Are they read?

SF have a funny way of trying to claim that they have some influence from these letters...
Advertisement
20-03-2020, 09:14   #17
suicide_circus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello 2D Person Below View Post
Now that they've taken a step back and are letting the government get on with the task at hand, people are still whingeing.
its the right thing for SF to STFU right now but its noteworthy because we're so used to them being vocal
(2) thanks from:
20-03-2020, 09:14   #18
zoobizoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencesummers View Post
I think politicians realise that it’s not the time for petty points scoring.
Paul Donnelly SF soon realised that after his tweet about Varadkar's speech,
(2) thanks from:
20-03-2020, 09:16   #19
Rows Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoobizoo View Post
They're writing letters.....

Mary Lou in an interview the other night: "I wrote a letter to the Taoiseach outlining what needs to be done/what needed to be done".

Pearse Doherty: "I wrote a letter to the banks telling them what needs to be done"

How are these letters delivered?
Are they read?

SF have a funny way of trying to claim that they have some influence from these letters...
Pearse Doherty's wife re registered as a nurse to help fight the Covid 19 so he's probably a stay at home dad at the moment.
20-03-2020, 09:21   #20
nc6000

Yes, it's all gone very quiet regarding SF. I certainly haven't heard anyone suggest they should be in Government to sort out the current situation. Probably for the best considering none of them have cabinet or ministerial experience.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-03-2020, 09:21   #21
Dogg Munde

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydthebeat View Post
Mary lous kid goes to the Dublin school that was one of the first affected, so she has been in isolation every since.
She has in her hoop... She's been out of isolation for at least 10 days.

Proof: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9m0glOgJKl/?hl=en
20-03-2020, 09:22   #22
walshb

I think SF would be putting all their energies into 'free money' all round for people if they were leading the fight on this crisis......

They also likely be forcing Tony Holohan to deliver all updates in Irish as well as English.
(2) thanks from:
20-03-2020, 09:24   #23
mloc123
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogg Munde View Post
She has in her hoop... She's been out of isolation for at least 10 days.

Proof: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9m0glOgJKl/?hl=en
Yeah, wasn't she in the Dail a day or two after the kids were told to self isolate at home IIRC
Thanks from:
20-03-2020, 09:24   #24
aido79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheW1zard View Post
Surely it shows why She's a good politician, no political point scoring. Shes able to admit when people are doing a good job.
Youre clearly anti sinn fein but probably have no problem in them sharing power in the North. Why is it okay for people to put aside their differences up north but down here we have hypocritical folk like you going on about can rattles. Not following the thread just sticking it to ya -
Can you explain to me why exactly you think she is a good politician? What has she ever actually done apart from criticise?

I'm not really sure why you're bringing the north into this. SF have an obligation to be in government there due to power sharing. It's hardly putting differences aside. Regardless of how many votes they get in the north SF have to be part of the government. Fortunately it's not the same in the Republic.
Advertisement
20-03-2020, 09:28   #25
piplip87

There is going to be some very tough decisions to be made after this.

Whoever is in government will have to look after business to get them back on Thier feet and it will be to the short term detriment for many people.

The people of this country will have to make sacrifices to get the economy back on its feet, whoever is in government will have to make hard unpopular decisions for the long term stability of this country.

I cannot see SF or the left making these decisions.

Also the pot if money they where going to use to solve everything is now gone. I fully expect SF to sit on Thier hands and winge about everything for the next five years in opposition, while FF and FG make the unpopular decisions needed to get people back to work.
20-03-2020, 09:29   #26
Rows Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshb View Post
I think SF would be putting all their energies into 'free money' all round for people if they were leading the fight on this crisis......

They also likely be forcing Tony Holohan to deliver all updates in Irish as well as English.
Ah right, it must be them that's behind the reason every time a bus stops in Dublin the announcement is made in both english and Irish.
20-03-2020, 09:30   #27
c montgomery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydthebeat View Post
Mary lous kid goes to the Dublin school that was one of the first affected, so she has been in isolation every since.

This isn't a time for political point scoring.

They are looking after their families
Clara Kelly has it and is on radio every day.

This Muppet wants to be leader of the country. Still taking her pay I'd imagine.
Maybe slab and the lads have yet to decide on their virus policy so she's waiting on instruction.
20-03-2020, 09:33   #28
MOR316

Why are people moaning about SF or any other party for that matter?

Varadker - Taoiseach
Coveney - Tánaiste
Harris - Minister for Health

Who else exactly do you want to hear from at this present time?
20-03-2020, 09:35   #29
Jamie2k9

Reality is SF manifesto has gone up in smoke and while its the same for other political parties they didn't promise as much.
20-03-2020, 09:43   #30
Rows Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOR316 View Post
Why are people moaning about SF or any other party for that matter?

Varadker - Taoiseach
Coveney - Tánaiste
Harris - Minister for Health

Who else exactly do you want to hear from at this present time?
Sinn Fein could come up with a cure for Covid 19 tomorrow and you'd still have muppets on here complaining...

"Why didn't they do it sooner?"

"Look how many died".

"It's all their fault, they're murderers".

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion