Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sinn Fein - just where is the money coming from?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

mynamejeff wrote: »
    a cash based business builder from tipp ?

you might know lowery so id say he is a big fan of the cash lol

Steady on Jeff. I agree with a lot of what you say but if we had a few more like Lowry prepared to get stuck in we would all be a lot better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Yeah the hilarity of Bertie Ahern as the Minister for Finance not having a bank account and expecting us to believe it.

While we are at it, let the GAA throw open their books and also especially local GAA clubs and county boards. That would be a laugh. All those fat brown envelopes handed over to players and coaches but maybe they just let local business do the dirty work instead. The whole "expenses" charade.

Investigate by all means but there is no high and mighty organisation in this country able to throw the first stone.

GAA'a accounts are available to any member, as are the accounts of each club and county board.

I have a provisional set of accounts here from Roscommon GAA from a few years back and it runs to over 30 pages, this is without the full Treasurers report.

If political parties had the same openness as the GAA we'd all be a lot better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

KevRossi wrote: »
    GAA'a accounts are available to any member, as are the accounts of each club and county board.

I have a provisional set of accounts here from Roscommon GAA from a few years back and it runs to over 30 pages, this is without the full Treasurers report.

If political parties had the same openness as the GAA we'd all be a lot better off.

Oh yeah of course. They accounts are squeaky clean. I have no doubt they are. My business accounts are also squeaky clean and fully audited every year for regulatory purposes. Now, how did that wad of cash end up in my jacket...it's a mystery.

It's the payments not in accounts that are more interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,529 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Oh yeah of course. They accounts are squeaky clean. I have no doubt they are. My business accounts are also squeaky clean and fully audited every year for regulatory purposes. Now, how did that wad of cash end up in my jacket...it's a mystery.

It's the payments not in accounts that are more interesting...

Oh you are very cynical, all the political parties in this state are above board and would never ever invlove themselves is dodgy practices like ansbacker, take cash payments for planning or getting a government licence for say mobile phones. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Floppybits wrote: »
    Oh you are very cynical, all the political parties in this state are above board and would never ever invlove themselves is dodgy practices like ansbacker, take cash payments for planning or getting a government licence for say mobile phones. ��

You're dead right Floppy. That sort of thing is akin to robbing a bank. A Northern Bank even. :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

KevRossi wrote: »

I've done a bit of work with the GAA and have been quite impressed with both with the organisation and clubs, particularly given the amount of work done by people on a volunteer level. IME it compares favourably to many sporting organisations. Never understood the cynicism about the organisation, and I don't even follow GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

You're still in the building trade then Tommie?
    ????

You never got back to me yesterday to explain why your trying to pass yourself off as being related to Dan Breen?

Picked up my money on Browne getting elected in Tipp,how did that big bet go for you on Hannaigan?

tipptom wrote: »
    ????

You never got back to me yesterday to explain why your trying to pass yourself off as being related to Dan Breen?

Picked up my money on Browne getting elected in Tipp,how did that big bet go for you on Hannaigan?

Oh right your not in the building game anymore.
    Still wearing the Poppy though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

How do the figures compare to other political parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

While we are at it, are the Catholic Church's accounts freely available? A lot of property.

Very much a cash business unless they have started passing a card machine around at Sunday mass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I don’t know. I’m not an investigative journalist. I will say that a political party owning 50 properties is extremely unusual. So is having 200 employees. Like maybe it’s all above board, but it’s worthy of further investigations.

4 properties in Dublin alone? Mad stuff, Ted.

Obviously we will be told that there’s nothing to see here and that this is another attempt by the ‘establishment’ to undermine SF. Fück that stupid opinion though.

Local retired FG politician owns about 10 houses another one has 3vthat I know of, Old retired priest has 6 or 7 left to him by old ones when they died, Owning houses is a fairly common thing in Ireland

How do the figures compare to other political parties?

FG are all in Dinnys name in case he needs to remortgage them one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

You're dead right Floppy. That sort of thing is akin to robbing a bank. A Northern Bank even. :eek::eek:

yeah, imagine a government doing that! Terrible people that british government

While we are at it, are the Catholic Church's accounts freely available? A lot of property.

Very much a cash business unless they have started passing a card machine around at Sunday mass.

For the size of them the Jehovah's seem to be quite fond of the old real estate as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

jaysus though - the fear is real. this is hilarious

Steady on Jeff. I agree with a lot of what you say but if we had a few more like Lowry prepared to get stuck in we would all be a lot better off.

Borrisokane cute hoor farmer supports serial tax fraudster,serial Liar who fraudently funnels tax payers money to big business men that was "profoundly corrupt to a degree that was nothing short of breath taking" shocker.

You afraid that when SF go into government that your little beak wont be able to collect the little crumbs that falls down to you in scraps from your higher and betters cute hoor schemes any more?

Anything I worked at, I worked hard at it and done well and never got free cheques for doing nothing.

See some was flashing the cheque book to that old pair at the border again. They know the truth maybe the PSNI should leak the file and put this joke to and end

Borrisokane cute hoor farmer supports serial tax fraudster,serial Liar who fraudently funnels tax payers money to big business men that was "profoundly corrupt to a degree that was nothing short of breath taking" shocker.

You afraid that when SF go into government that your little beak wont be able to collect the little crumbs that falls down to you in scraps from your higher and betters cute hoor schemes any more?

Anything I worked at, I worked hard at it and done well and never got free cheques for doing nothing.

:D Ouch!
    I guess being reminded of your days wearing the Poppy hit a nerve!

• Registered Users Posts: 66,832 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The pattern is boringly obvious now.

Lazy journalist prints some questions/allegations.

Lazier power swap sweethearts get online to rinse and repeat the same old, same old bile then move on to the next allegation...rinse and repeat again.

The pattern is boringly obvious now.

Lazy journalist prints some questions/allegations.

Lazier power swap sweethearts get online to rinse and repeat the same old, same old bile then move on to the next allegation...rinse and repeat again.

The funny handshake brigade are panicking,the thought of anyone but their FFG puppets in power is making them very nervous,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Lads does anyone have any proof of any illegal activity by the Sinn Fein party?
    It seems to me all the papers are concerning themselves with is inferring and trying to cast doubt etc. It's very tedious from a news perspective, if amusing from an election perspective.
    We could all engage in such musings on any party. They've all got previous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

though you were a cash enterprise :pac::pac::pac:

:D Ouch!
    I guess being reminded of your days wearing the Poppy hit a nerve!

Why would I need reminding of it????,i have said it on Boards enough times.
    The reason you know this is because I put it up!!!

I drank in British legion clubs as well as Squaddie pubs all over Andover,Tidworth,Salisbury etc working in racing and I met a better class of Englishmen there who understood what the Catholic population had to put up with in NI than a lot of the "Irishmen" on here.

I wore a poppy then because I understood that it supported the men who fought in WW1 and WW2.

I don't wear it anymore as it now funnels money to soldiers who were used as terrorists in NI.

Guess you would know all about funnelling money considering your support Lowery.

See some was flashing the cheque book to that old pair at the border again. They know the truth maybe the PSNI should leak the file and put this joke to and end

who do you mean there ? I can guess but I wouldn't lower myself to that level

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Huawei Gallagher

but I think it’s safe to ask - where the **** is the money coming from?

SF are selling the salty tears of whinging FF/FG supporters as Hand Sanitiser. :D

who do you mean there ? I can guess but I wouldn't lower myself to that level[/QUOTE

I think you'd be reaching not lowering , you believe Garda Williams, Ireland's own Enid Blyton

who do you mean there ? I can guess but I wouldn't lower myself to that level[/QUOTE

I think you'd be reaching not lowering , you believe Garda Williams, Ireland's own Enid Blyton

I believe that the parents of murdered children should have justice

don't you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Did they check FG and FF's offshore accounts when doing the comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,529 ✭✭✭Floppybits

smurgen wrote: »
    Did they check FG and FF's offshore accounts when doing the comparison?

How dare you suggest that FG and FF accounts should be checked. Those 2 parties would never take part in dodgy practices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I don’t know. I’m not an investigative journalist. I will say that a political party owning 50 properties is extremely unusual. So is having 200 employees. Like maybe it’s all above board, but it’s worthy of further investigations.

4 properties in Dublin alone? Mad stuff, Ted.

Obviously we will be told that there’s nothing to see here and that this is another attempt by the ‘establishment’ to undermine SF. Fück that stupid opinion though.

Inspector Clueless, let us know if you discover evidence of any criminality.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fine-gael-admits-tax-evasion-over-period-of-9-years-1.307406

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/admiration-for-pencil-pusher-who-set-up-bank-26040416.html

Advertisement