Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-03-2020, 19:48   #4366
Stewball

Neale Richmond.
Always seems so concerned with everything no matter how trivial.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-03-2020, 21:05   #4367
jippo nolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the purple tin View Post
Isn't he the lad who looks a bit like Rod Stewart?
In a way, if Rod was pulled backwards through a blackthorn hedge!
(3) thanks from:
26-03-2020, 04:12   #4368
Ipso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippo nolan View Post
And was tangoed.
(2) thanks from:
26-03-2020, 04:49   #4369
RabbleRouser2k

Anyone know who this 'Crossy' guy is on twitter? Apparently works for some radio station (that I don't listen to-which is a long list too, tbh).
But generally gets upset about EVERYTHING. Then overshares everything too.

I didn't even want to know who he was-and then it seemed everyone and their auntie was responding to his tweets (Muireann O'Connell for one).
26-03-2020, 07:32   #4370
the purple tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippo nolan View Post
Yeah, that's him he was on Irish celebrity come dine with Brian Kennedy and some Michael Jackson obsessed journalist, those two started throwing wine in each others faces because of some long running feud.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-03-2020, 07:40   #4371
RabbleRouser2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by the purple tin View Post
Yeah, that's him he was on Irish celebrity come dine with Brian Kennedy and some Michael Jackson obsessed journalist, those two started throwing wine in each others faces because of some long running feud.
If I remember correctly, the 'feud' was something incredibly trivial. I think the journo said something along the lines of 'I never write about Brian cos he's boring' or something like that. (It all felt staged).

Bizarrely, Paul Martin (the journo) and Brian both had to fight their own separate battles with cancer. Brian's I believe was colon cancer, Paul's was Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
Thanks from:
26-03-2020, 08:03   #4372
Ash.J.Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbleRouser2k View Post
If I remember correctly, the 'feud' was something incredibly trivial. I think the journo said something along the lines of 'I never write about Brian cos he's boring' or something like that. (It all felt staged).

Bizarrely, Paul Martin (the journo) and Brian both had to fight their own separate battles with cancer. Brian's I believe was colon cancer, Paul's was Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
brias brother died of cancer during brians cancer media appearances which wasn't mentioned at all
Thanks from:
26-03-2020, 08:20   #4373
RabbleRouser2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash.J.Williams View Post
brias brother died of cancer during brians cancer media appearances which wasn't mentioned at all
It was mentioned-he brought it up himself too. There'd been falling out, so to speak, in that family (Brian Kennedy's family, I mean) and him and his brother had grown distant.

But they reconciled before his brother died. His brother had pancreatic cancer (and you've got little to no chance against that thundering monster- it's pretty much the worst cancer you can get) and I think it was known (but unspoken) that one brother was gonna survive. And sadly, the other one wasn't.
26-03-2020, 18:41   #4374
TheDavester

Could RTE stop putting on that Doireann Garrity ad on every time it goes to ad break...its probably one of the most poorest attempts of comedy they've tried to shove on to rte and they are relentless in trying to push her on to the irish viewers
Advertisement
26-03-2020, 18:53   #4375
notsoyoungwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDavester View Post
Could RTE stop putting on that Doireann Garrity ad on every time it goes to ad break...its probably one of the most poorest attempts of comedy they've tried to shove on to rte and they are relentless in trying to push her on to the irish viewers
Her and her sister(s), I’m not sure how many of them there are. They seem to be everywhere recently, tv, advertisements, magazines, newspapers. I don’t know why they’re being relentlessly promoted and I’m not sure what they’re actually ‘famous’ for, but they’re very irritating.
26-03-2020, 18:59   #4376
the purple tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDavester View Post

If it's any consolation her career in show biz will soon hit the skids.

It seems to me that lately if RTE push you like mad and give you lots of exposure your comedy career goes down the crapper- Alison Spittle, Maeve Higgins for instance.

People like Sharon Horgan and Aisling Bea, I don't ever remember seeing them on RTE and they are flying it.

edit- Katherine Lynch was another one I forgot. RTE gave her loads of shows and airtime and she has vanished.

Last edited by the purple tin; 26-03-2020 at 19:05.
26-03-2020, 19:14   #4377
Eggs For Dinner

Pearse Doherty. Sneery fecker, who will never be happy with any course of action taken
(2) thanks from:
26-03-2020, 20:18   #4378
castletownman

Steve Coogan.

Just comes across as a bit of a prick. Watching him on the Trip to Greece, and not sure if it's an act or whatever, but he seems very full of himself.

And I don't really understand Alan Partridge's standing as a comic classic either. Definitely feel there is a snobbery among the die-hard fans.
26-03-2020, 20:21   #4379
landofthetree

Glen Whelan.

I know its not his fault Mick McCarthy still picks him but it annoys me that he hasn't retired.
Thanks from:
26-03-2020, 20:53   #4380
Gwynplaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggs For Dinner View Post
Pearse Doherty. Sneery fecker, who will never be happy with any course of action taken
And that accent is like acid being poured in your ears.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion