Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-03-2020, 23:30   #61
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergonzo View Post
That's the one.

It doesn't exactly paint the Californian crew in a great light and it is quite dramatic in parts, but sure look that's tv, it's gonna happen.

A large chunk of the dialog was taken directly from the actual British enquiry though which was good.
Yeah I've seen it then. No it implies a very serious allegation against the crew.

I'd love to know exactly where the lifeboats from the titanic went after the were stored in a loft in New York. There is a suggestion that some of them were used to increase the life boats on the Olympic when it needed more life boats to comply with the new regulations.
Advertisement
25-03-2020, 23:40   #62
Huntergonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itssoeasy View Post
Yeah I've seen it then. No it implies a very serious allegation against the crew.

I'd love to know exactly where the lifeboats from the titanic went after the were stored in a loft in New York. There is a suggestion that some of them were used to increase the life boats on the Olympic when it needed more life boats to comply with the new regulations.
It was grim stuff from Californian point of view alright, probably a bit overboard (no pun intended), but I enjoyed it all the same.

I have no idea what became of the lifeboats to be honest, I don't think I've ever read anything about that. It would make sense for them to be used on the Olympic provided they were still in good nick.
25-03-2020, 23:55   #63
Itssoeasy

You know it was an obvious tragedy at the time but it didn't stop after the inquiries ended. The look out Frederick fleet took his own life years after the sinking. I mean it's easy for us to say that captain smith or murdooch was at fault or whoever but captain smith had been at sea for years and was the highest ranking captain in the company.

He was acting not unlike captains at sea at the turn of the 20th century. He had even said years before that shipbuilding had advanced so far to the point that ships were unsinkable. I mean we have to see it for the mindset at the time. The class of liners built by the white star line were wonders of their time.
(2) thanks from:
26-03-2020, 00:00   #64
Infernal Racket

Kate Winslets boobies looked lovely in it.
26-03-2020, 00:25   #65
Dogg Munde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itssoeasy View Post
That fire is known to have been out by the day of the sinking. It may have weakened the bulkheads around it but it may have only hasened the sinking if it did fail. The ship was doomed when the iceberg separated the hull plates beyond the four compartments that it could stay aloft were breached. The bulkheads not sealed at the top and the fact they didn't go to the top deck of the ship. I think they only went to C deck but I'd have to check.
I can assure you that Titanic was never aloft.
Advertisement
26-03-2020, 00:32   #66
M.T. Cranium

"Iceberg, over there to our right."
26-03-2020, 00:40   #67
joeguevara

I don’t want to just barge into this thread but it is important not to anchorage people to speculate on potential saboateurs of the titanic. Imaging the greef that his family must feel. Watery to do with speculation anyway? It is ferry unfair to just make up accusations especially as it is likely that he had a wharf and kids (Proabably buoys). We should take this opportunaty to just put it best.
Thanks from:
26-03-2020, 02:37   #68
Sam Quentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeguevara View Post
I don’t want to just barge into this thread but it is important not to anchorage people to speculate on potential saboateurs of the titanic. Imaging the greef that his family must feel. Watery to do with speculation anyway? It is ferry unfair to just make up accusations especially as it is likely that he had a wharf and kids (Proabably buoys). We should take this opportunaty to just put it best.
I remember when I was about 18 and supposedly mature!? Anyway I was in my gf house at the time and her mum was sitting with us watching the tv.. anyway anyway the news cum on and yir man said 3 seamen are still missing.....I burst out laughing and couldn't stop kinda snots and all. They didn't know why,.well maybe yir ones mother did I dunno!?!?
26-03-2020, 02:41   #69
joeguevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Quentin View Post
I remember when I was about 18 and supposedly mature!? Anyway I was in my gf house at the time and her mum was sitting with us watching the tv.. anyway anyway the news cum on and yir man said 3 seamen are still missing.....I burst out laughing and couldn't stop kinda snots and all. They didn't know why,.well maybe yir ones mother did I dunno!?!?
Ah come on. This is a serious thread and you are making crude jokes about seamen. I really can’t swallow that. You have sunk to a whole new low..
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-03-2020, 02:42   #70
joeguevara

My grandfather was there when the titanic sank…he shouted 3 times that it was gonna sink until they Finally kicked him out of the movie theater
Thanks from:
26-03-2020, 03:10   #71
Sam Quentin

Quote:
Ah come on. This is a serious thread and you are making crude jokes about seamen. I really can’t swallow that. You have sunk to a whole new low..
I know I know am sorry.... Yir one asked me later why was I laughing,.and I said am sorry but I could picture the seamen dancing before they drowned and it reminded me of an episode of Come Dancing...... That totally confused her
26-03-2020, 07:37   #72
Still waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Racket View Post
Kate Winslets boobies looked lovely in it.
She was top notch totty that time
26-03-2020, 09:14   #73
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.T. Cranium View Post
"Iceberg, over there to our right."
Wouldn't have had the same kick MT in the movie.
26-03-2020, 09:43   #74
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogg Munde View Post
I can assure you that Titanic was never aloft.
Clearly I meant afloat.
26-03-2020, 10:39   #75
the beer revolu

Quote:
My grandfather was there when the titanic sank…he shouted 3 times that it was gonna sink until they Finally kicked him out of the movie theater
That was vaguely amusing - the first time it was posted in this thread.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion