Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are all the tall guys in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭alexv

KevRossi wrote: »
    What's the total obsession with 'tall men'.

Was using Plenty of Fish for a while and the amount of women who wanted a tall man was mental. I'm 5'9", which is bang on average for my age and year of birth, but was shot down so often by women of all heights, just because I wasn't tall enough.

I mean if you put up 'looking for a woman with big tits' on that site you'd be kicked off it pronto.

Lived in Germany for years and height was never an issue.

Thin women with big natural tits are gold dust anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I've never understood the preoccupation some people have with height. Such a dull thing to care about, one way or the other. Such an arbitrary thing that nobody has any control over whatsoever.

I see it a lot on Tinder - profiles with no text, except "5ft 9", like that's their entire personality right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Wibbs wrote: »
    Eh they're both body preferences? :confused:

True, it's not in one fundamental way; a shortarse can't grow taller by force of will, but a fatty can put down the cake and pies.

Though to be fair I can understand a tall woman having a preference for a taller man. On my mum's side of the family the men and women are very tall. Even more so for their age groups. My maternal grandmother born in 1901 was 6'1" and I've women cousins who are up to 6'4". Funny enough one did end up with a Dutch lad, so...

I know sorry I wasn't clear lol I just mean height not talking about anything else.
    I just haven't dated anyone tall and I'm sick of it now lol. Wow how tall ! Fab

I've never understood the preoccupation some people have with height. Such a dull thing to care about, one way or the other. Such an arbitrary thing that nobody has any control over whatsoever.

I see it a lot on Tinder - profiles with no text, except "5ft 9", like that's their entire personality right there.

... again as a TALL woman I'm just asking. What's with all the short men on boards looking at my post lol. I want to feel short for once get over it lads haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I like gawky girls. Something to gawk at

• Advertisement

Xertz wrote: »
    Is this a phishing for details of tall men thread?
    As a tall man I am worried lol

For me and my friend who are both 5 foot 10 wondering if there is any Ireland cause we can't find them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Being tall has it's downsides, banging the head off the lights on the school bus comes to mind from back in the day. Best thing I ever did was the shortening op.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

All the tall guys are dating short girls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It’s a preference, dude. A lot of women find height to be an attractive trait. Ain’t nothing you can do about it.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    All the tall guys are dating short girls

Facts are facts. Sad times.

• Advertisement

It’s a preference, dude. A lot of women find height to be an attractive trait. Ain’t nothing you can do about it.

Love how all the short men are so butthurt can spot them from their posts

True, it's not in one fundamental way; a shortarse can't grow taller by force of will, but a fatty can put down the cake and pies.

If an arsehole stops making shitty comments about 'fatties' and 'cake, pies', etc, are they still an arsehole?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wow how tall ! Fab
    Yup, I'm the shortarse bloke of the family at 5'11". Never really thought about my height TBH. Wouldn't want to be any taller, or shorter. Which likely means I didn't have to think about it because it was never an issue. I've certainly known a fair few tall guys who couldn't get laid in a brothel with a free for one voucher and one of the shorter guys I know has never been without feminine company.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If an arsehole stops making shitty comments about 'fatties' and 'cake, pies', etc, are they still an arsehole?
    Probably, but a thin one.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭alexv

Ok Jesus. Some of us girls who are tall like me would like to feel short. Why are some of ye so sad some of us want tall guys ! Yes everyone likes the daddy kink in bed but has nothing to do with that.

I don't think your main problem is averaged size men.

It's average and below average height women that you should be whining about. They take all the above average height men from the market, and leave long/gawky women with few options.

Don't be sad though, it's never too late to find the plank of your dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I meant like boobs and height aren't the same thing haha

But how are they different exactly? Both being traits you are born with?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Hiding

I think I honestly need to move to the Netherlands at this stage lol. I'm 5'10 and 27 and I've never dated anyone over 6 foot. *Cries in Spanish*

Any girls know any tall lads who are into rock music and you know are nice lol

I'm a 5'2" rock chick and I have been in two serious relationships, both guys over 6' and into rock and metal.

I'm in Co Cork...these guys are in Co Cork

Facts are facts. Sad times.

I'm one of those "short girls"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

GreeBo wrote: »
    But how are they different exactly? Both being traits you are born with?

This. And why I’d like to remain relatively level headed

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Iodine1

I know sorry I wasn't clear lol I just mean height not talking about anything else.
    I just haven't dated anyone tall and I'm sick of it now lol. Wow how tall ! Fab

Just sit down and look up at your guy. No problem.

Big girls have cosied up with smaller guys forever.

• Advertisement

There's a lot you can do about it. I'm around 5ft 7 and I know someone who, despite appearing to be the same height as me, is actually 5ft 10.

There self isolating!

There? Where's that exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭banie01

6'5" metal and rock lover...
    Off the market and outta my brother's the 3 nearly as tall as me...
    Are dicks who listen to EDM :pac:

To the guy that messaged me your replies are off so can't reply to ya lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

banie01 wrote: »

Do you have one of those denim jackets with band patches all over the back?

Bonus points if rocking a skullet haircut.

banie01 wrote: »

That's ok I like some of it but more into GNR Floyd etc haha

Do you have one of those denim jackets with band patches all over the back?

Bonus points if rocking a skullet haircut.

I have a denim jacket with patches myself

I'm one of those "short girls"

Haha yes girl ♥️

Yup, I'm the shortarse bloke of the family at 5'11". Never really thought about my height TBH. Wouldn't want to be any taller, or shorter. Which likely means I didn't have to think about it because it was never an issue. I've certainly known a fair few tall guys who couldn't get laid in a brothel with a free for one voucher and one of the shorter guys I know has never been without feminine company.

My dad is the shortest on both sides of our family at 6 foot 1.
    You're not short at 5 foot 11 the average height for men here is 5 foot 9!

• Advertisement

alexv wrote: »
    I don't think your main problem is averaged size men.

It's average and below average height women that you should be whining about. They take all the above average height men from the market, and leave long/gawky women with few options.

Don't be sad though, it's never too late to find the plank of your dreams.

Haha I'm not gawky. I'm 5 foot 10.5 !

Advertisement