Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have PS4 & PS5 - Should I buy PS4 disc versions?

• 07-06-2021 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Seems to me many PS4 games on disc also offer a free PS5 upgrade. (Some are paid upgrades I know..)

So, having both I was thinking of buying the PS4 version on disc so I could play on both consoles, and get the PS5 upgrade free.

This makes sense especially if I don't like a game as could sell it on.

Thoughts?

I know I can probably digitally buy the games (certainly Watchdog Legion) digitally for a little more than Argos / Smyths selling it (I think 34 ish vs 30 on disc in Smyths) but then couldn't resell.

Obviously the PS5 disc version is no use to the PS4...

EDIT: I know I'll need the disc in whichever machine I want to play the game on at the time... vs the digital versions where I wouldn't....

Seems a strange one....

Advertisement