Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Favourite Christmas Advert - The FINAL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Will try to get a few more nominations in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I think I'm done on the nominations!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Baybay

DvB wrote: »
    I think I'm done on the nominations!

Time for one more?!

It’s Irish & it’s the SuperValu ad with the black kitty running up the steps & the whole big, chaotic family Christmas prep going on. And the best bit, out of all the best bits is nana not being able to work the remote control.
    Much like I can’t work links!

Baybay wrote: »
    Time for one more?!

It’s Irish & it’s the SuperValu ad with the black kitty running up the steps & the whole big, chaotic family Christmas prep going on. And the best bit, out of all the best bits is nana not being able to work the remote control.
    Much like I can’t work links!

To avoid any confusion, everyone else fire away with as many noms as you like, I think I'm done with mine is all... must have about 20 in there already:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Coca cola tend to do alternative adverts to the traditional ("holidays are coming") trucks & I always liked this one from 2006...

• Advertisement

Looks like the nominations are done on this particular competition, will we be moving onto the knockouts soon?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Looks like the nominations are done on this particular competition, will we be moving onto the knockouts soon?

Nominations are now closed, I'm counting them now and drawing up the tournament bracket and then we start with the playoffs.

It's a bit trickier than the others, as it's not clear cut descriptor, like a movie name.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Nominations are now closed, I'm counting them now and drawing up the tournament bracket and then we start with the playoffs.

It's a bit trickier than the others, as it's not clear cut descriptor, like a movie name.

Yeah, I dont envy you this one!:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well this worked out perfectly. 64 unique nominations...

Meaning no playoffs we can jump right into the last 64.

So transparency purpose, the Ads were ranked by number of noms, where ads had the same number of nominations the older ads ranked higher... last the test of time and all that :)

Sweet!! Looking forward to this one.

So here we go, better late than never.

Last 64 Match 1.

Penneys - Got a Whole Lot of Things for Christmas.

Vs.

Air New Zealand - #MirryChristmus

First to 4.

Loughc wrote: »
    So transparency purpose, the Ads were ranked by number of noms, where ads had the same number of nominations the older ads ranked higher... last the test of time and all that :)

Love it, must use that to describe myself........'last the test of time and all that' :D

Penneys

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Vote for Penneys.

The New Zealand one doesn't seem like an ad, it's a mini movie or trailer nearly!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Penneys

Penneys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Indestructable

First time seeing both of those, it's over but Penneys would have got my vote too.

And Penneys advances easily to the surprise of none :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I am... not shocked. :D

Next matchup will be 2.30pm then we will fly through a few of them

Match 2

Quality Street 2009 Ad

Vs.

Tesco 2007

First to 4.

Quality Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Baybay

Hadn’t seen either ad before but the over acting & sheer implausibility means my vote is Spice Girls.

1-1 not familiar with either ad myself so hard to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Quality street for me, nothing to do with my love of toffee fingers :D

• Advertisement

2-1 to the Street :)

Advertisement