Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 ready Tv’s/Monitors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

shrewdness wrote: »
    Picked up the Sony X900H last week, serious bit of stuff and a right up grade from the old HD tv I had before

Does that have a satellite input? (I don't believe it does but just want to check)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭brady12

Picked up the Sony X900H last week, serious bit of stuff and a right up grade from the old HD tv I had before

Where you purchase ? Tried currys yesterday but none in store

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

brady12 wrote: »
    Where you purchase ? Tried currys yesterday but none in store

I have one coming from Harvey Norman today. It's XH90 here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Yep got mine in Harvey Norman. They delivered it pretty quick too actually.

Yep got mine in Harvey Norman. They delivered it pretty quick too actually.

Mine just arrived. 55" seems plenty O_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I got the LG 55CX in Harvey Norman the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

madmoe wrote: »
    I got the LG 55CX in Harvey Norman the other day.

Any decent sale on it or 1500?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Any decent sale on it or 1500?

It was slightly under €1,500, sold my 2016 4K LG and got €250 for it so that knocked it down a bit more thankfully. Will be interesting to see what the CX is going for in the January sales!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Whats better

The LG 55CX or the Sony XH90 and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

madmoe wrote: »
    It was slightly under €1,500, sold my 2016 4K LG and got €250 for it so that knocked it down a bit more thankfully. Will be interesting to see what the CX is going for in the January sales!

Cheers,
    M

Yeah I was not on my radar to buy one at all , but I should have been heading to Oz in few months , but with some extra money saved it's a task trying to convince my partner that I need this , I convinced her on the purchase of the Nvidia shield 2019 so hopefully this will be the same :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Whats better

The LG 55CX or the Sony XH90 and why?

This guy knows his stuff;

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Any recommendations for a 43” TV? My old 42” HD has had well over a decade of capable service so time to move on.

Don’t really have the space for anything bigger than 43”. Will be holding off until the January sales and fairly flexible on price, but wouldn’t be going much beyond €800-900 mark. Obviously know OLED and 120hz are off the table at the price and size, but whatever’s next best :p

Any recommendations for a 43” TV? My old 42” HD has had well over a decade of capable service so time to move on.

Don’t really have the space for anything bigger than 43”. Will be holding off until the January sales and fairly flexible on price, but wouldn’t be going much beyond €800-900 mark. Obviously know OLED and 120hz are off the table at the price and size, but whatever’s next best :p

Unfortunately I researched this because I wanted a 43" tv and there is really nothing in that size apart from low quality models. Decent models start at 48" with the LG OLED and the Sony XH95, then everything else is 55" and above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

If you could squeeze in a 49", maybe have a look at the LG NanoCell TV's. Some good prices on those and good reviews. There are some 43" ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

I am playing to buy a ps5 and a TV towards the end of 2021 however this popped up and I can get it brought over for 350 euro. https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/hisense-55a7300ftuk-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10207130-pdt.html?awc=1599_1607792894_21ae38341d11fd902f933a8f21345e64&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~HotUKDeals~Discount%20Code~47868~Pepper+Deals+Ltd

Anyone recommend it? I guess my budget always was going to be 400 to 600 euro for 55 inch non oled used for ps5 mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Missed out on a tv on offer a while back because it wasn't in stock, what are people's recommendations (€750-1000)

I've seen alot mention trying to get a 120hz tv but then others saying it's not worth getting, would I be ok with a 100hz one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Anyone recommend a 27" monitor for ps5 or am I better off waiting a few months? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a 27" monitor for ps5 or am I better off waiting a few months? thanks

Waiting, but 27/28" isn't the most in demand size for desktop console gaming. Those sizes for the mid range and high end displays tend to focus more on higher refresh rates and usually only 1440p and not 4K.

You'd be better off with a few extra options looking at 32". There's a few 27" out now but most of the coming HDMI 2.1 monitors are 32".

ASUS have a 27" coming out that's 4k 120Hz and has HDMI 2.1, but no idea on price.

ViewSonic and Philips have 32" that should be around the €600 mark.

Varik wrote: »
    Waiting, but 27/28" isn't the most in demand size for desktop console gaming. Those sizes for the mid range and high end displays tend to focus more on higher refresh rates and usually only 1440p and not 4K.

You'd be better off with a few extra options looking at 32". There's a few 27" out now but most of the coming HDMI 2.1 monitors are 32".

ASUS have a 27" coming out that's 4k 120Hz and has HDMI 2.1, but no idea on price.

ViewSonic and Philips have 32" that should be around the €600 mark.

Thanks - hadn’t even thought of 32 - which models would you recommend? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Danick wrote: »
    Thanks - hadn’t even thought of 32 - which models would you recommend? Thanks

Philips 328M1R or ViewSonic Elite XG320U, neither is out yet and there's no official price on the ViewSonic. Chances are both will be around €600. The Philips is a VA and it's not know what the ViewSonic is yet.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Philips 328M1R or ViewSonic Elite XG320U, neither is out yet and there's no official price on the ViewSonic. Chances are both will be around €600. The Philips is a VA and it's not know what the ViewSonic is yet.

Excellent - I'll wait for one of those then - thanks so much for the advice and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

See the Q80t is 1049 in power city, might just bite the bullet and get it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Started my TV search looking for a 43” affordable model around €600-700.

After a confusing and frustrating search for anything worthwhile along those lines, ended up recently ordering a 55” LG CX :pac:

So it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

After a confusing and frustrating search for anything worthwhile along those lines, ended up recently ordering a 55” LG CX :pac:
    So it goes.

Hold on a second... you said you didn't have space? :p

So it goes.

It's the constant searching and reading reviews that gets me, I'll keep looking at the same thing for ages before ending up with the first one I looked at.

It's between this Q80t and the Cx, not sure I can justify the extra 400 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

So it goes.

You won't be disappointed. Got same TV last week and games look so much better. I went from a 40 inch Full HD tv to the CX so huge difference in picture.

GrumPy wrote: »
    Hold on a second... you said you didn't have space? :p

Indeed :pac: I have a 42” and thought that was the right size for what I was looking for. But it’s an old TV with a big frame which brings it up closer to 48”. Was going to go with the 48” CX, but after some careful measurement and some good sales (felt crazy to spend more on a smaller model) decided I could indeed push the extra bit of space.

petes wrote: »
    It's the constant searching and reading reviews that gets me, I'll keep looking at the same thing for ages before ending up with the first one I looked at.

It's between this Q80t and the Cx, not sure I can justify the extra 400 quid.

Yeah it’s a bit of a nightmare. I’d find a model that looked good but there was always a compromise I wasn’t happy with.

In the end it was just ‘screw it, this is the one I’ll be happiest with’ so spent the extra few hundred quid. But it’s a big expense, and the Q80t sounds like a terrific TV too so you’ll be happy out if you go for that.

I also don't want to get too peed off and buy the CX and the price drops with the replace of new LGs.

Suppose that's always the risk and maybe the sooner the better just buy a tv :)

I

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s a bit of a nightmare. I’d find a model that looked good but there was always a compromise I wasn’t happy with.

In the end it was just ‘screw it, this is the one I’ll be happiest with’ so spent the extra few hundred quid. But it’s a big expense, and the Q80t sounds like a terrific TV too so you’ll be happy out if you go for that.

I'm the same with buying anything tech wise. Will fixate on reviews until I buy the damn thing!

Bought an S20 plus, was always my first choice but read umpteen reviews on other phones before getting the S20.

Advertisement