Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

First game - Killzone Shadowfall
    Hours played - 2740 across 85 games

525 hours - FIFA 15
    400 hours - FIFA 14
    257 hours - Fortnite

Rarest Trophy - Home - Three Fourths Home
    Only 2497 players have it

I was a bit of a FIFA addict back in the day in case ye cant tell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

1,004 hours total play

1. 89 hrs PES 2016
    2. 74 hrs PES 2015
    3. 71 hrs PES 2017

Shud have just bought a PES machine :)

I got:

1. 324 hrs PES 2018
    2. 114 hrs PES 2019
    3. 101 hrs PES 2017

And half of that time is transitioning between menus and connecting to server

• Saw over on reddit that because of this data they've given a way to calculate the total number of players a game has with some simple maths.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/a6ssfu/sony_accidentally_disclosed_the_number_of_players/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just finished fitting a controller wit a new R2 and a set of new xbox sticks. Thats the second controller to refurb now with xbox sticks and a new R2.

Mate had spare white R2 buttons so took them,looks like crap but it back to working spot on.

Really hope they improve the durability with PS5 controllers. Never has this issue with any dualshocks before the DS4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Also....

First game: Killzone Shadowfall

Hours played: 3683 hrs over 126 games

Top 3:

-Warframe 996hrs
    -Destiny 558hrs
    -Elite Dangerous 533hrs

Seems im a sucker for a grind,Diablo 3 wouldnt be far behind either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just finished fitting a controller wit a new R2 and a set of new xbox sticks. Thats the second controller to refurb now with xbox sticks and a new R2.

Mate had spare white R2 buttons so took them,looks like crap but it back to working spot on.

Really hope they improve the durability with PS5 controllers. Never has this issue with any dualshocks before the DS4

I only had an issue with my launch controller, sticks fell apart after 2 years.

My other 2 controller are fine, no sign of any wear as of yet. Think it depends how you use the sticks on what games, I know games like FIFA are very hard on the sticks. A series I never play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will we get a 12 days of xmas sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Will we get a 12 days of xmas sale?

The normal 12 deals of Christmas sale would have started 1st, they did their weekend sales instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Varik wrote: »
    The normal 12 deals of Christmas sale would have started 1st, they did their weekend sales instead.

I think the January sale starts this Friday as the current sales end on Friday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

January sales, thats what I meant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Is it not week 3 of their Christmas deals this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Notorious wrote: »

No clue, we’ll find out tomorrow

Notorious wrote: »

3 was last week, it's was just meant to be 3 so whatever is tomorrow/Saturday is something new or they do a best of sales with every that was on sale back on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

3 was last week, it's was just meant to be 3 so whatever is tomorrow/Saturday is something new or they do a best of sales with every that was on sale back on sale.

Last year's January sale started on 22nd December last year so I'd say it will be the new year sale starting tomorrow. Last year started with 500 games on sale with more added in January. I'm hoping for Celeste, the bastards on Xbox got it free for January so hopefully Sony at least get it on sale.

Otherwise than that not sure what I'd be interested in. The AAA games are shyte on PSN sale as you get them them for the same price or cheaper in shops.

I'll bite at the division of its under a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

First game: Transistor
    Hours: 1514 over 56 games

Battlefield I, Destiny & Overwatch were the top three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I can remember turning off automatic renewal last year when I bought a 12 month sub, but Sony charged me tonight for one, is there anyway I can get a refund for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So my PS4 slim has potentially died, had a candle burning last night in the same room that has deposited a thin coating of black all over the place, and of course inside the PS4. Turned on this morning and then after about 20 minutes turned off, after 20 minutes it turned on again but died after 2 minutes. Have opened it and wiped the outside of the fan and the case and airvents, but now it won't turn on at all.
    1) is it ****ed, or can it be cleaned properly and brought back to life? Anyone know a good console cleaner around the naas area?
    2) is there any point in that? Will lose a few saves that I haven't backed up but that's it.
    3) anyone have a PS4 going very very cheap? The December/January pay period is all messed up. Or will I just get a pro when I can?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

get a pro, best candle ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

My Pro worked away with my Samsung HU8500 since launch. 4k but no HDR as tv doesn't have it. A week ago i started getting picture drops for a second or two every couple of minutes and yesterday the screen went blank.

I can reboot in safe mode and play in 1080p but 4k is not working now. Anyone know why this has become an issue all of a sudden?

I read somewhere that a factory reset could get the Pro to identify the tv as 4k again.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Having played RDR2 in 4k it's noticeable the drop to 1080p.

Bit lost. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Have you checked the hdmi? Read somewhere you need a specific cable for 4K at 60fps, I purchased one from amazon for decent money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My Pro worked away with my Samsung HU8500 since launch. 4k but no HDR as tv doesn't have it. A week ago i started getting picture drops for a second or two every couple of minutes and yesterday the screen went blank.

I can reboot in safe mode and play in 1080p but 4k is not working now. Anyone know why this has become an issue all of a sudden?

I read somewhere that a factory reset could get the Pro to identify the tv as 4k again.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Having played RDR2 in 4k it's noticeable the drop to 1080p.

Bit lost. Thanks.

If you are using the cable that came with the console you should be alright, if the TV has no HDR you could go with the second from top setting in display options, the YUV or whatever it's called, that should do the trick...

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Hey lads could ye recommend a suitable external hardrive/SDD please. My 1TB is almost full already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Have you checked the hdmi? Read somewhere you need a specific cable for 4K at 60fps, I purchased one from amazon for decent money.

Cable i have was delivering 4k but now its not. Will keep researching. Thanks

Edit- bought new cable, same issue. Have it displaying in 1080p now but any attempt to switch to 4K or disable HDCP results in instant blank screen.

Wondering if 6.20 has caused problems with anyone else. Have played in 4K, for available games, since i got machine but now it's not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't think it warrants a new thread, but allegedly the PS5 specs, or suspected, have been leaked:

https://www.t3.com/news/secret-ps5-operation-slip-reveals-next-generation-playstation-details

Nothing in the article, but all 'information' in the video, such as:

AIR HDMI!
    No Discs
    Eco-Friendly
    DS5 has a touchscreen instead of a touch pad and built in stress sensor
    - Fingerprint and touchscreen
    Wire-free charging in partnership with Energous (ie: permanently charged)
    Zero electricity consumption when browsing menus :pac:
    Integrated battery backup
    Bluetooth 5.0
    802.11ax
    Wireless in-ear stereo headset
    8K ready
    DP Connect
    AMD Ryzen2X
    Real Dynamic Weather Technology to make the weather in game to be the same as your current local weather
    Real Time translation for talk/chat/message

If anyone is needing me, I'll be out the back shovelling all that salt.

That video they linked to isn't theirs and is listed as "official trailer" and is from last May.

Click bait they just googled a lot of **** and threw it into an "article".

Just on the touchscreen for the DS5, an actual screen would be stupid at that size and controllers are already expensive enough not to mention battery life.

But Sony is still putting out their E-ink readers and while that market is mostly Kindle now and much smaller they're still going. That I wouldn't mind, make it a little stream deck look alike or like the overlays on the Jaguar controller. While it's now treated as just a single large button, most of the launch games (under orders from Sony) did put some effort into utilising the DS4 pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Just on the touchscreen for the DS5, an actual screen would be stupid at that size and controllers are already expensive enough not to mention battery life.

Thats the biggest failing of the PS4 in my eyes, pretty stupid having to constantly charge the tiny tiny battery on the thing. Phones had bigger batteries back when the PS4 was released yet they went with a tiny one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

What's this no disc nonsense for the ps5? Better not mean you have to download everything. What about those of us with god awful broadband!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thats the biggest failing of the PS4 in my eyes, pretty stupid having to constantly charge the tiny tiny battery on the thing. Phones had bigger batteries back when the PS4 was released yet they went with a tiny one.

It was released in 2013. I'm sure the controller was in development for a few years before that. mA hours in a small capacity without excess heat is the limitation of all batteries. The only way to increase the capacity was to put in a bigger battery which would make it heavier. The target market is not you and me, but small kids. Weight would have been the first consideration before capacity. Look what happened Samsung Note trying to pack capacity in a small space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What's this no disc nonsense for the ps5? Better not mean you have to download everything. What about those of us with god awful broadband!?

No need to worry,

From the dev kits out in the wild for both the PS5 and Xbox2 due to be revealed in 2020 and released 2021 will still use discs.

Advertisement