Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Over wintering petunias.

• 19-02-2019 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

At the end of last summer, I took down the hanging baskets, which had petunias and lobelia, and put them behind the house. When I went to empty out the baskets today, I noticed a few of the petunias were still green. If it worth the bother of potting them up in the hope they might grow again? I have overwintered alyssum, begonias and even lobelia in the past, but never petunias. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm of the opinion that if it's alive, I'll always give it a shot, but like I said before, I'm a softie. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭looksee

As NH says, give it a shot, but I think you will be disappointed with the floral display. Interesting experiment though. You can do it with some bedding - snapdragons are great for hanging on desperately then giving a lovely show next summer.

Advertisement