Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Two cars on one policy?

• 15-02-2019 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

I was hoping to add an additional vehicle to existing policy as both drivers are the same but insurers say only one car per policy. "Just for women".
    Who is good on SUV's as I will have to buy a new policy with zero NCB which could be expensive.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I dont think theres many companies in Ireland that do multi-car policies.

There seems to be a discount when you have more than one car but it looks like its a separate policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

So I had to change the policy over to the new car with no AP and then add the old car back temporarily for a month for an AP of 100 euro. In the meantime I have to get a new quote for the old car which now has no NCB. I am thinking a Mondeo will be cheaper then an SUV to get a "new" policy on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Yea, if a new insurance company wanted to make a name,

multicar policy would be way forward.

But I see why it wont work.
    Young wans with their civics under mammy all over again

If they answered the proposal form questions correctly and honestly then it would not be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There are a couple of companies that will allow this, Chubb and Dual, however it's generally only for higher valued cars. Dual for example state one of the vehicles must he worth a minimum of €50k or at least 2 cars worth minimum of €30k each.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys I have figured it out. If I had two high value cars I wouldn't be that concerned!!

Advertisement