Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanning photos on Epson WF 2650

• 08-02-2019 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

My Epson WF2650 scans documents perfectly but when I try to scan photos, they appear as if in the middle of an A4 sheet of paper and are always too dark. I am sure it is something to do with the settings but I'm pretty clueless on these things unless they are straightforward. Any simple advice for a dummy?

I know I could get them scanned professionally etc but the current task doesn't require that - just some 'snapshots' that I want to scan.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

they appear as if in the middle of an A4 sheet of paper

You're not following the correct procedure so.

Preview
    Draw box around item you want (photo)
    Scan

Windows Key + R, enter WIAACMGR and hit return.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,194 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are you using epson software to scan or importing in a different app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks but my previous scanner used to give me an obvious Preview option but the Epson doesn't - I can't see a preview option.
    Yes, I'm using Epson software.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have an Epson Scanner. If I change it back to Home Mode it looks like this.

472649.jpg

Circled is the Preview Button. When the area you require is selected you press Scan.

Advertisement