Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Prediction Comp 2019 Table

• 08-02-2019 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

I didn't see much but looked a decent night's darts.

Wade beat Barney who looks like he might struggle and just pipped Smith for the lowest average of the night, Dobie threw away a big lead,
    MvG did what probably only MvG can do taking out 261 in 5 darts when Smith left the door ajar, unfancied Price (on here at least) beat Gurney with a 103 avg and to round it off Wright and Cross played out an entertaining draw.

Next week Duzza takes the stage and there'll be a lot of interest to see how he gets on under the bright lights of the PL.

Well done to Gotya who is this week's winner with 10 points. The table is below, Any errors let me know.

Highest average MvG 104.98 (Price 104.11)
    Lowest RvB 95.15 (Smith 95.28)
    Highest checkout 150 Michael Smith

League-Table-Week-1.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

As Mardle said, if you turn the table upside down I'd be top!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Sin-t-tulo.jpg

Again I only caught a bit of last night's action and watched Barney get a draw from 5-2 down.
    At one stage a dart fell out of the T20 and I thought he was about to walk off stage but thanks to
    the ice man melting like a golly bar on a hot summers day he managed a point.
    Durrant never got close to Gurney who took out some great finishes and looked very relaxed.
    The Anderson scarf waving from Duzza and the flag waving from Gurney was pandering of the highest order though. My stream went then and I didn't bother reloading to see MvG beat Mensur 7-3.
    Lots of noise from the crowd though there wasn't a lot to shout about.

This week's winner is Bluezar on 10 with an impressive 3 correct scores.
    Less than impressive was no-one predicting the highest avg or checkout, though Barney obliged
    with the lowest average for the second week running with 8 out of 14 giving him their vote of no confidence.

Highest average: Cross 102.8
    Lowest average: Barney 88.79 (Wright 88.95)
    Check out: Gurney 121

League-Table-Week-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

Had the first two up on a correct score Yankee and was looking good until Price could not break Barney at the end - would have been nice to get it up and very profitable.

Below is the table after Week 3 in Dublin.

Well done to KingP35 a clear winner with 9 points, 3 ahead of Rolliefingers and Bluezar in second place with 6.

Wade had the highest avg 103.89
    Lennon the lowest 90.08
    Gurney had the highest out shot of 140.

League-Table-Week-3.jpg

• Advertisement

A less predictable set of results for Week 4 in Exeter and it's reflected in the scores.

Taking the prize this week is Rolliefingers with just 4 points, 3 points being good enough for Bob Harris to take second. There were a few duck eggs though NDWC can be forgiven as they didn't get around to posting any scores. As far as predictions went, a week best forgotten.

Highest Average Cross 102.16
    Lowest Average Gurney 90.35 (in the the same match)
    Highest check out Humphires 161 Well done to Rolliefingers for getting that, the only bonus point scored by anyone this week.

League-Table-Week-4.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Fair play Bob, I ran this competition for a few years and I know how much time it takes to do it. Cheers

They saved the best for last in Aberdeen although Wade might have something to say about that.
    A toss up between himself and Big John for performance of the night. Another heavy defeat for Gurney and Barney lived up to the low expectations again.

Bluezar is this weeks winner on 7, followed by Porthallian on 5. Low enough scoring again. None lower than mine which was nul points. I predicted 4 draws but of course not the match that ended in a draw.

Wade had the highest avg 109.59 He also had it in week 3. There was a time when he'd be almost banker for the lowest.
    Price the lowest 93.13 even though he won his match and prize for loudest roar of the night when he hit bull to finish 127 and go 4-1 up.
    Cross had the highest out shot of 164.

League-Table-Week-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Thanks Bob

Yet another week goes by and the guest player fails to win. A Smith win was predicted by only 3 as after his recent success the asp was fancied but again failed to deliver. However he did come up with the highest checkout that 3 people had. Barney was the banker and he didn't let anyone down. Everyone had Cross to win and 6 had the correct score to boot. With a 91.22 avg it appears that Barney's best scoring is done in the bedroom these days.

I only saw Wright v Gurney - not a great match made worse by the fact that Wright missed tops for 7-4 that would have given me a correct score.

This weeks winner is Green Martian on 7 points including two correct scores.
    Best of the rest on 5 were Kingp35, Ultimate, Gotya and Bluezar who keeps a handy lead at the top of the table.

Wright had the highest avg 102.91
    Aspinall the lowest 88.35
    but did have the highest checkout of 158.

We're off to Berlin next week where surely Max Hopp will be able to take care of Barney and become the first guest player to bag a win.

League-Table-Week-6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Bob Harris wrote: »
    With a 91.22 avg it appears that Barney's best scoring is done in the bedroom these days.

Bob :D:D:D

This weeks winner is Green Martian on 7 points including two correct scores.
    Best of the rest on 5 were Kingp35, Ultimate, Gotya and Bluezar who keeps a handy lead at the top of the table.

Woohoo, this may be the one and only time I win a week :D

Thanks again Bob for looking after the comp

Can't comment much as I didn't see a dart thown but I get the impression it wasn't one of the better nights of PL darts. There is nothing predictable about it though which is something I suppose.
    Smith was well beaten and for a fella who was the self proclaimed messiah of darts a few months ago he's done close enough to sweet fa hitting an 85 avg. Had Angela Merkel herself appeared on stage she'd have given him a game.

Gurney got a good win having had a few bad weeks and as expected Flop was no match for Barney who won with a 90 avg though not as low as the next big thing in darts for the last 5 years Max Flop on 88.

Well done to Rolliefingers with 7 who is this weeks winner. Ultimate and Kingp35 shared second spot with 5. After last weeks heriocs Green Martian managed just one point, better only to Gotya who managed none at all. This coming from Bob who is in as good as last place in the table.

Cross had the highest avg 104.33
    Smith the lowest with 85.34
    Barney 170.

League-Table-Week-7.jpg

Thanks Bob

The 6-6 draw between Wade and dancing Dimitri looks to be the only thing worth mentioning. Both had averages of 100+ with Wades the highest of the night.

Barney's in contrast was embarrassingly low coming in at a tad under 82. That's with only 6 darts at doubles so his scoring was atrocious. It looks like he hung on a year too long.

This weeks scores were embarrassingly low too. Bob Harris takes the win with the least worst score of 4 points followed by Raiders on 3. Bluezar only picked up 2 leaving the door open for Rolliefingers to cut into the lead but as it turns out extended his lead by 2 as Rollie blew the chance with 0.

20 points were scored in total this week between 11 players giving an avg of 1.81 points per player.

There were 2 correct result predictions out of 33 attempts on the first 3 matches. No-one had Wades draw or a win for Mensur. Surprisingly only 3 had Barney for lowest average a crown he has made his own over the last 8 weeks. What the stats are telling us is that was shíte!

Wade had the highest avg 103.35
    Barney the lowest 81.96 (Wright second worst with 87)
    Price had a 141 checkout which nobbled my DVB prediction for it by one point.

League-Table-Week-8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thanks for running the comp Bob. Shocking predictions from myself yesterday, can't be any worse tonight :o

And that concludes the first phase of this years PL.
    Barney was eliminated and took the decision after the match to retire.
    Based on the evidence of this years PL he no longer has the eye of the tiger. Last night's mis-match was a procession for MvG with RvB just happy to avoid the whitewash.

It was the first time I saw Wade play this PL and he's a player who certainly does have the eye of the tiger. His heavy scoring and clinical finishing were impressive. Wade has been in or around the top for a long time which isn't easy and on form could beat anyone at the moment.

In the comp last night's scores were a big improvement on Wednesday's.
    The avg shooting up from 1.8 to 6.8.
    This weeks winner on 12 was Gotya including 3 correct predictions. In second with 10 was Dingaan.
    Only Porthallian gave his vote of confidence to Wade for highest average despite him having had it 3 of the previous 8 nights. MvG is generally most people's choice but he hasn't had the highest average since the opening night and he's not averaging over 100 as often as in previous seasons.

Local chap got his first correct score of the season which helped him move off bottom spot although only just as NDWC nearly caught him again with his 5 bonus points for RvB's elimination.

The 5 bonus points were for: Rolliefingers, Porthallian, Boomdocker Gotya and NDWC.

Highest average: Wade 102.44
    Lowest average: RvB 84.68 (Wright was 87.60)
    Highest Check out: Wright 160

Weekly winners so far are:
    Gotya x 2
    Bluezar x 2
    Rolliefingers x 2
    KingP35
    Boomdocker
    Green Martian
    Bob Harris

League-Table-Week-9-with-Bonus.jpg

Wade filled Barney's big shoes for lowest average this week only hitting 85 on his way to losing against Mensur. The draw between Wright and Smith will do neither any favours occupying as they do the last two places in the league. Local boy Gurney failed in front of the home crowd while in the only match I saw Price blew it against MvG failing to close out two different legs for the win. With the darts in the last and after 3 massive visits he failed to take out 49. MvG was visibly licking his chops as he hit bull D16 to extend his unbeaten run against the roaring welshman. Price's rise to the top of darts is nothing short of remarkable though and he's definitely good for the game.

Bluezar takes the weekly crown with two correct preditcions giving him 14 in total which is 8 better than the next best on 6 and that folks is why he has a 12 point lead! Green Martian and Paulie were second with 4 this week. In another tough week for scoring 3 of us managed no score at all.

Highest avg Cross 104.71
    Lowest Wade 85.76
    Highest check out 137

week-10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭boomdocker

3 of us managed no score at all.

:o thanks Bob

I get the feeling the PL loses a bit of momemtum after the first phase.
    After 9 nights of the league another 7 makes it all seem a bit drawn out and the results being fairly predictable didn't do much to change that feeling.

Wright to lose against Cross and MvG to beat Smith were last nights bankers and both went to plan. Of the 11 to post scores for last night not one gave their vote to Wright or Smith and neither looked like upsetting the odds. Smith started quite well to be fair but MvG started even better and it wasn't long before the result was a formality and MvG cruised to victory. I can only comment on that match as it's the only one I saw but going by the results only the draw between Wade and Superchin looked like it offered any entertainment.

Hats off to Green Martian who hit 4 out of 4 on the correct scores- Not sure I remember anyone doing that before so well done on that. It also sees him (did I just assume his gender?) move up to second though it wasn't enough to take the weekly prize. That goes to Raiders11 on 14 who along with Boomdocker corectly fancied MvG to pull up his socks on leg 2 and got 5 bonus points each for their trouble.

There were a few changes in the order this week but Bluezar with 7 including another correct score keeps him 12 points clear.

About 1:50 in you'll see MvG doing his characteristic sock pull up after he retrieves his darts in the second leg.

Highest average: MvG 109.11
    Lowest average: Suljovic 88.8
    Highest Check out: Cross 140

League-Table-Week-11.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks Bob, and yes I am a HE haha

Gutted about not winning the weekly top stop, esp after getting 4 from 4 hahahaha

Hi Bob what was my points for this week?

After a stewards enquiry Green Martian is declared this weeks joint winner on 14 along with Raiders11.

Due to some type of brain fart I only gave Bluezar the point for Cross getting the highest check out but
    Kingp35, Dingaan and Green_Martian had it too. Apologies for the oversight and the revised table is below.

League-Table-Week-11.jpg

After a stewards enquiry Green Martian is declared this weeks joint winner on 14 along with Raiders11.

Due to some type of brain fart I only gave Bluezar the point for Cross getting the highest check out but
    Kingp35, Dingaan and Green_Martian had it too. Apologies for the oversight and the revised table is below.

League-Table-Week-11.jpg

No apologies needed Bob you do a great job running this every week

Hard to know what to expect from Gurney lately. He was given the vote to beat Mensur by 9 out of 11 people this week and let most of us down. We do know what to expect from Wright though and was easily swept aside by an in form Wade. He only managed an average of 85 which isn't going to trouble anyone at that level and unless he pulls something out of the hat in a few tournaments this year he'll be a prime candidate for being dropped from the PL. Changing his darts more often than his jocks is not helping and this week using those wobbly stem darts was bordering on silliness.

MvG is back on form and blew Cross away while Price gave the home fans something to roar about with a good win and a 170 to boot. That came the leg after Smith had hit a 170 himself. That the roof didn't fall in on top of them means credit must go to the architects and engineers of the Motorpoint Arena.

This weeks winner on 8 was Boomdocker one of only two people with a correct score, the other being Raiders. 6 players shared second place on 5 points.

Highest avg C MvG 107.87
    Lowest Peter Shyte 85.48
    Highest check out Smith/Price 170

League-Table-Week-12.jpg

A more entertaining night of PL darts last night with 3 draws. Ultimate was a week late with is prediction of 4 draws but still did well.

I didn't see Mensur v Smith but both had just over 100 averages and a 7-7 would suggest a decent match. I caught the last leg of Price v Cross to see voltage snatch a draw. Price missed a few match darts and I think he has a touch of finishlineitis in tight matches. He's great at putting himself in a winning position but doesn't finish off games as well as he might.

Wright started off well against Gurney, I went off and when I came back he'd been beaten 8-4 so lost his way somewhere. He did manage a 96 average which is an improvement but only threw 8 darts at doubles.

Wade and MvG was a high quality match. Wade had the throw to win but having been solid all evening had a poor leg and ended up with the draw. The shadow of MvG looms large in those situations and he seems to thrive while all too often his opponent wobbles.

Well done to joint winners this week - Ultimate and Paulie21 with 8 points each. Bluezar was only one behind with 7.

Highest Average MvG 106.78
    Lowest Average Wright 96.04
    Highest check out Wright 124

League-Table-Week-13.jpg

Smith took another beating last night and along with Wright they now have no chance of making finals night. Mardle reckons his problems come from his last dart as he tends to throw it as he's practically walking towards the board. Last night his 1st dart average was 28, his second 32 and his third almost 37 so the theory didn't hold water last night anyway.

Wright gave Suljovic a bit of a headstart and nearly managed a draw while Gurney was his usual unpredictable self and gave MvG a sound beating.

Price looked like a fella who'd just caught Gary Anderson in bed with his missus and more or less beat himself while Wade just got on with things in his machine like way to take the win. A few gripes from Gerwyn along the way and refusing a handshake at the end only added to his pantomime villian status.

This weeks winner was Bluezar with a grand total of 3 points.

As after last night Wright and Smith can't make the finals night all but one get their 5 point bonus for predicting the first player (in this case players) to be eliminated.

Highest Average Cross 102.54
    Lowest Average Price 89 (Wright was 89.something)
    Highest check out Suljovic 144

League-Table-Week-14.jpg

Night 15 - jaysus it drags on doesn't it?
    Cross and MvG did the very much expected and both had comfortable wins.
    Wade had the lowest average of the night but still managed a draw with Smith who has been playing out time for weeks.
    The drama came at the end of the third match when Gurney seemed to take exception to something Price said or did. You'd wonder had it been down the pub would they have exchanged a few slaps? It was all capped off with Daryl flexing the flab and booting his flights out into the crowd.

Well done to this weeks joint winners are Green Martian and Porthallian with 8 points.
    Bluezar sees his lead trimmed to 9 and Bob Harris moves ominously into the top 10.

Highest average MvG 110.85
    Lowest average Wade 92.08
    Highest Checkout Wade 161

League-Table-Week-15.jpg

Night 15 - jaysus it drags on doesn't it?
    Cross and MvG did the very much expected and both had comfortable wins.
    Wade had the lowest average of the night but still managed a draw with Smith who has been playing out time for weeks.
    The drama came at the end of the third match when Gurney seemed to take exception to something Price said or did. You'd wonder had it been down the pub would they have exchanged a few slaps? It was all capped off with Daryl flexing the flab and booting his flights out into the crowd.

Well done to this weeks joint winners are Green Martian and Porthallian with 8 points.
    Bluezar sees his lead trimmed to 9 and Bob Harris moves ominously into the top 10.

Highest average MvG 110.85
    Lowest average Wade 92.08
    Highest Checkout Wade 161

League-Table-Week-15.jpg

Thanks Bob for all your work on this

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

Thanks Bob for all your work on this

+1 - Cheers Bob - Great effort to keep this going every week

• Advertisement

Thanks lads - I don't mind it at all. The dragging out comment was a reference to the matches and not doing this! The only game I saw last night was Wright MvG which was basically MvG playing on his own and trying to hit 8/8 doubles and a massive average. He may as well have been playing a cardboard cut out.

Advertisement