Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flight Paths

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Obviously someone obsessed by this issue, with an average of 17/18 complaints per day. The ironic thing this is that 10/28 has been operational for a very long time before the Ongar area was built.

I'm beginning to think that person is so thick they're actually complaining about the traffic at Weston, not DUB. They probably don't know the difference between a C150 and a B737. There is no real noise problem over this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

I'm beginning to think that person is so thick they're actually complaining about the traffic at Weston, not DUB. They probably don't know the difference between a C150 and a B737. There is no real noise problem over this area.

Very rarely get any traffic over Ongar from Weston, the closest you’d get it would be St.Catherines Park. The RWY28 take off flight path goes near enough to direct over Ongar with the departure turn directly over it, arrivals onto RWY10 are usually directly down the N3 on the opposite side of Ongar, down over Mulhuddart graveyard etc. Not that I have a problem with any of that, i’m in the Dublin 15 area my whole life (right under the flight path) 10 years in Ongar now and they turn literally over my house between 3-5000ft hardly ever hear or notice an aircraft going over anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

[HTML][/HTML]

In all fairness the person concerned appears to be completely obsessed by aircraft noise.
    To have the time and the where with all, to log 17 to 18 individual complains per day, 7 days a week, for an entire month and to continue to log sucessive high rates of complaints each month. Is someone who to my mind is obsessional and in possible need of assistance.
    Calling them "thick" is not really necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭AnRothar

QNH below the transition altitude.
    Standard pressure above the transition level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

In all fairness the person concerned appears to be completely obsessed by aircraft noise.
    To have the time and the where with all, to log 17 to 18 individual complains per day, 7 days a week, for an entire month and to continue to log sucessive high rates of complaints each month. Is someone who to my mind is obsessional and in possible need of assistance.
    Calling them "thick" is not really necessary.

This is pretty much my reading of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

billie1b wrote: »
    Very rarely get any traffic over Ongar from Weston, the closest you’d get it would be St.Catherines Park. The RWY28 take off flight path goes near enough to direct over Ongar with the departure turn directly over it, arrivals onto RWY10 are usually directly down the N3 on the opposite side of Ongar, down over Mulhuddart graveyard etc. Not that I have a problem with any of that, i’m in the Dublin 15 area my whole life (right under the flight path) 10 years in Ongar now and they turn literally over my house between 3-5000ft hardly ever hear or notice an aircraft going over anymore.

Sorry, I had a brain fart. For some reason I was mixing up Ongar with Adamstown. I take it all back. I guess I'm the one who's thick...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

billie1b wrote: »

The OE is about 4km north of Ongar, and the vast majority of 28 traffic will cross it above 3000ft with thrust back to climb. I suppose they’ll get the odd early left turn, but I can’t really see how it could be a massive problem there. Not to the tune of 545 times a month anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

It's something I miss about Dubin funnily enough.... being close to the flight path... the quietness where I am now can make it feel strange at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

That one from ongar seems to have a serious issue....Does the DAA look into these individually?...

Head out to this ones house and investigate it and the poor statistics lad who compiles this report will be a lot quieter...I lived in ongar before and never had a issue will noisy a/c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

plodder wrote: »
    You can check the actual flight paths taken on flightradar24.com. With a cheap subscription you can check back in time quite a considerable period..

Dunno whether it was worth it's own thread but yesterday on a flight from Lisbon to Dublin FR7329 about halfway through while looking out a port window a what looked like an ANA 787 (a very amateur guess) came under our plane from starboard. It looked close but is there any way to find out how close for free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Dunno whether it was worth it's own thread but yesterday on a flight from Lisbon to Dublin FR7329 about halfway through while looking out a port window a what looked like an ANA 787 (a very amateur guess) came under our plane from starboard. It looked close but is there any way to find out how close for free?

Minimum vertical separation is 1000ft, and I can guarantee you it was no less than 1000ft. Try looking back on flight radar and you might be able to find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I can see its flight details and a playback of its flight path but nothing on planes in the neighhbourhood. 1000ft looks nothing in the air, just never saw it mid air before. And the speed of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

while looking out a port window a what looked like an ANA 787 (a very amateur guess) came under our plane from starboard.

It's not a ship, so it's left and right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Brennus335 wrote: »

Lights the Blue Touch paper and stands well back :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

But you still understood the reference so the terminology worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brennus335

Tenger wrote: »
    But you still understood the reference so the terminology worked.

Aye, Aye, Capt'n

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Just had a look at the DAA report and were I live is not even mentioned :mad: even though I'm right under the flight path, Must start sending in some complaints :p I also noticed that Hansfield had 1 complaint which is right beside Ongar and other estates within the Clonee area not mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Is there a similar APP for Dublin?

https://webtrak.emsbk.com/bqh2

Which has more letters, left or right?
    Which has more letters, port or starboard?
    Which has more letters, red or green?

All the answers are on the same side.

Now that we’ve cleared that up, would you like your rattle back in your pram?

Advertisement