Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apex Legends

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

AdamD wrote: »
    Its all about close quarters really. Nothing kills fast enough at a distance/too easy to get a res for to be worthwhile. Shotguns and The Wingman is all you need really. Burst AR is nice enough too.

Worth noting that headshot multipliers are at least 2x, so if you feel like the guns not doing much damage it may be a need to consciously go for headshots even if it means pacing your shots more.

Find it weird that none of the banners track wins

Can't recall the name of the LMG that uses heavy ammo... but with the right pieces having it is relatively accurate, with 60 rounds before reload, and is a total beast at any range. :p

The other LMG that uses energy rounds is good too [Accurate and shoots insanely fast with a massive clip], but energy rounds are too rare imo to not make it worthwhile.

And yeah, a shotgun is my absolute requirement as backup... love the Peacemaker.

But yeah, Sniping in this game is incredibly lack lustre.

Gave it a go after work today.

It's shocking how they could put something as polished as this and without any leaks. I wonder how much they saved on marketing?!
    We are doing their marketing for free! I even love idea of just releasing game like that. No bull**** hype train and haters did not had enough time to **** on everything, before people even tried it!

As for game itself. I like it a lot. Really refreshing take on BR after I sank so much time in to Fortnite. Very clever ideas.

That was probably an intentional decision to save money from Marketing on EA's behave. iirc the game was in development before EA bought over.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Can't recall the name of the LMG that uses heavy ammo... but with the right pieces having it is relatively accurate, with 60 rounds before reload, and is a total beast at any range. :p

The other LMG that uses energy rounds is good too [Accurate and shoots insanely fast with a massive clip], but energy rounds are too rare imo to not make it worthwhile.

And yeah, a shotgun is my absolute requirement as backup... love the Peacemaker.

But yeah, Sniping in this game is incredibly lack lustre.

I got the golden sniper scope last night. It's something like 8x-15x with a thermal detector which TAKES UP THE WHOLE SCREEN. Insanely overpowered. I looked around with it until a red marker shows up. It's so good that I felt lost without it the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I got the golden sniper scope last night. It's something like 8x-15x with a thermal detector which TAKES UP THE WHOLE SCREEN. Insanely overpowered. I looked around with it until a red marker shows up. It's so good that I felt lost without it the next game.

Its very good but I wouldn't say overpowered. Its an incredibly rare drop and it comes with its own ammo type which you can't pick up so you've limited ammo and it takes up a weapon slot, so when you run out of ammo you've now got a useless slot. Pretty well done I think! Fun weapon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If you think the golden sniper is great, wait until you use the golden shotgun, its insane, ive taken down everybody with it in one shot, it hits like a truck..

Oh Sweet Mastiff..

Are there any other legendary guns? or just the Mastiff and Kraber?

• Advertisement

Nah this is specifically a golden thermal scope, not the golden sniper (Kraber). I think I got it in a drop I called down. I've only seen it once and I'm level ~25. I had it on a scout so had a ton of ammo. It's not the same scope that is on the golden sniper. That one doesn't have the thermal optics. Its like that gold thermal scope that fits on the shotgun that's 1x but it takes up the whole screen. It's insane.

The Kraber isn't great to be honest. It's firing rate is awful.

Nah this is specifically a golden thermal scope, not the golden sniper (Kraber). I think I got it in a drop I called down. I've only seen it once and I'm level ~25. I had it on a scout so had a ton of ammo. It's not the same scope that is on the golden sniper. That one doesn't have the thermal optics. Its like that gold thermal scope that fits on the shotgun that's 1x but it takes up the whole screen. It's insane.

Ah I misread sorry
    nix wrote: »
    If you think the golden sniper is great, wait until you use the golden shotgun, its insane, ive taken down everybody with it in one shot, it hits like a truck..

Oh Sweet Mastiff..

Are there any other legendary guns? or just the Mastiff and Kraber?
    There's definitely a gold SMG too, have found it twice.

Oh right, my bad, but eh, that scope you speak of, ive yet to see it and team mates havent got it either, so must be pretty darn rare.

I'm not a fan of the kraber's rate of fire either, but its damage is great, even if you just body shot someone, they need to run out of combat to heal, as it doesnt leave them with much..

Had a good game just now with legendary armour and helm, backpack (which is OP, 50% faster healing/shield), sniper rifle and shotgun. Felt like a beast going about 1-2 Shotting people. :p

But they use their own unique ammo... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

When you see shroud getting owned because the other guy has top tier gear and he doesnt it makes it very much a race for gear instead of skill.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    When you see shroud getting owned because the other guy has top tier gear and he doesnt it makes it very much a race for gear instead of skill.
    I can feel frustration setting in now over this. If you don't go to that area with top tier gear at the start then your only chance is stay well away from it and run the clock down. Good thing is the most xp is earned by lasting long and not damage dealt or kills. But that's very different to Titanfall where even your average Joe like me could be a badass mofo

I mean its a BR, what was he expecting?

ah its not just down to weapon luck, you can just land your shots, i was playing there, only 2 of us in the premade, we land on top of another squad, our random team mate dies straight away and then just leaves. We cleaned up the squad, and i decided to stick with the weapons i got at the start. Peacekeeper and wingman.. and i stayed kill leader for most of the game, and got it back towards the end.

We ended up winning with just two of us, and the last team we cleaned up were packing crazy strong weapons, but we just landed our shots and rinsed them.. So i dont think gear makes that much of a difference, it helps, but yer not invincible..

And those high value loot zones are majorly over rated, you dont walk out with sick gear, i think it just means theres a legendary item somewhere in the zone, but you may not even find it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I mean its a BR, what was he expecting?

eh your missing the point.

Shroud is probably the most gifted fps player of this generation, he deliberately set out to not obtain top gear to experiment and he could not win versus top geared guys.
    As soon as he gets top tier he simply destroys everyone with just pistol and no not that OP wingman.
    Proof enough for me but ive only played one game so far myself so cant comment :P

I'm not sure what it is with this game at the moment but I'm find it really easy too. I'd love to see my stats but I feel like I'm winning 1 in 3 games which is huge. I wonder has this attracted a ton of fortnite players who aren't as good at first person. If I found out this game cross platform, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm not sure what it is with this game at the moment but I'm find it really easy too. I'd love to see my stats but I feel like I'm winning 1 in 3 games which is huge. I wonder has this attracted a ton of fortnite players who aren't as good at first person. If I found out this game cross platform, I wouldn't be surprised.

Itd be part of it, also they can't build to hide, but also it's high pace, in fact I say this is the best paced br game I've played. Your never hanging around waiting on the circle or someone to come near you

Some people are just really bad at the game, I'm sure alot of it comes down to hardware also, people playing it on machines that can barely handle it, maybe squeezing 10fps. And then id say alot of players are just solo queing, which is just a recipe for disaster majority of the time.

I was nearly clawing my eyes out trying solo ques the other night..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

So many times now i've not found a weapon in the first minute of the game only to get shot with my thumb up my arse picking up crap, out of all the BR games this is the worst for getting seriously unlucky with drops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

Im enjoying this game so far. Hard to connect to the servers for me tonight. Why do I get killed 99% of the time that I make first contact though. Is everyone brilliant at the game or am I just sh1t. Dont answer, I know ;)

Im enjoying this game so far. Hard to connect to the servers for me tonight. Why do I get killed 99% of the time that I make first contact though. Is everyone brilliant at the game or am I just sh1t. Dont answer, I know ;)
    Armour and shotguns I'd imagine. I beat a guy with fists using one of the ****e pistols yesterday. Now he was dreadful

• Advertisement

Armour and shotguns I'd imagine. I beat a guy with fists using one of the ****e pistols yesterday. Now he was dreadful
    Small world :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

10 million players in 3 days and 1 million concurrent. Crazy numbers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dcully wrote: »

He playtested this game for months in closed alpha btw. He knows the game like the back of his hand.

Mr Grumble wrote: »
    Small world :-D

There is no way it was you!

KilOit wrote: »
    So many times now i've not found a weapon in the first minute of the game only to get shot with my thumb up my arse picking up crap, out of all the BR games this is the worst for getting seriously unlucky with drops

All locations have enough weapons for your squad if you're the only ones that landed there...

Are you always trying to land on the supply ship or Rare/Blue zone on drop off? Those will always have competition racing for gear... :rolleyes:

There is no way it was you!
    Nah, but sounds like something that would happen to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Fights on the supply drop ship at the start can make for very fun but short games. Anyone have a character they prefer? I quite enjoy playing the healer. Team mates less likely to abandon me when things get tough :D

Got a few issues with the game;

1) Can't check your ping, and by extension the only way of selecting regional server is by disconnecting via connection issue or inactivity...

2) If you disconnect you cant rejoin the game...

fixxxer wrote: »
    Fights on the supply drop ship at the start can make for very fun but short games. Anyone have a character they prefer? I quite enjoy playing the healer. Team mates less likely to abandon me when things get tough :D

I find Lifeline's DOC to heal way too slowly. Her passive and Ultimate are fantastic though.

My favourite character is Pathfinder. That grapple hook is fun, and makes for great surprise attacks. :p
    On a side note, a lot aren't aware that it can be used on enemies too!

And his Zipline is great to traverse about quick with the squad.

The passive is 'meh' though till late stages of the game to prepare for the final few fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Something about the Pathfinder character model bothers me so I haven't really used him yet. Might give Bloodhound a proper run later as his skill set seems pretty unique.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Something about the Pathfinder character model bothers me so I haven't really used him yet. Might give Bloodhound a proper run later as his skill set seems pretty unique.

He's basically Legion from Mass Effect, Dug from Up and Chappie combined. :p

His "racer" legendary model looks stupid with them "thicc" tights, but I like the other one... want the rusty Scrape model.

Advertisement