Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Q School 2019

Options
  • 03-01-2019 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭

First day of euro q school today
    1 tour cards from final winner each day- 4 days
    3 or 4 more id say max on points
    nearly 300 entered in total

cant say i know many of the names to be fair

most of the big names lost out early

todays final was

Niels Zonneveld 5-1 Christian Goedl

never heard of either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

1/4 finals

Marko Kantele vs Karel Sedlacek
    Dragutin Horvat vs Mike van Duivenbode 
    Mike de Decker vs Jeff Smith
    Madars Razma vs Yordi Meeuwisse

Mike van Duivenbode 5-4 Madars Razma

final day 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Jeffrey de Graff an Co Stompe have pulled out of q school after one day saying they never had intended to win a tour card they just want to be eligible for the challenge tour. Not a fan of that to be honest, clogging up the system . I'm sure the pdc don't care. Theres always one or 2 who win a tour card and then don't use it at all as well. Idiots

theres lads that crap that they have av in the 40s in games they lost 5-0 on both days so far
    why would you bother
    its 450stg to enter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

sc86 wrote: »
    theres lads that crap that they have av in the 40s in games they lost 5-0 on both days so far
    why would you bother
    its 450stg to enter
    Jaysus, may have made round 2 myself if that's the case!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Degag wrote: »
    Jaysus, may have made round 2 myself if that's the case!!

Might head over as well next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

why would you bother
    its 450stg to enter
    Must be a right little earner for the PDC with all the no hopers entering.

So Durrant, McGeeney and Waites are all confirmed entrants to the Q school in Wigan.

scot mitchell , the whole lot of the english top 16 players from what i can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Must be a right little earner for the PDC with all the no hopers entering.

Around 600 entries (going by 2018) in the UK school and ~250 entries in the European. £50stg per entrant goes to DRA so that's "only" about £350k going into the kitty - prob barely covers the event hosting expenses and Barry's business lunches this side of August.

Ollie, eat your heart out :(

Lazarus2.0 wrote: »
    Around 600 entries (going by 2018) in the UK school and ~250 entries in the European. £50stg per entrant goes to DRA so that's "only" about £350k going into the kitty - prob barely covers the event hosting expenses and Barry's business lunches this side of August.

Ollie, eat your heart out :(

In fairness to the PDC when the entrants to q school started getting big they scrapped entrance fees for tourcard holders. If q school was any cheaper you'd have thousands of no hopers entering and that helps no one. I'd give it a go myself if it wasn't so expensive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

In fairness to the PDC when the entrants to q school started getting big they scrapped entrance fees for tourcard holders. If q school was any cheaper you'd have thousands of no hopers entering and that helps no one. I'd give it a go myself if it wasn't so expensive.

That's exactly why there's an entry fee, to try and dissuade chancers from entering.

deta hedman is entering - is she deluded ? or mayby wants to play challange tour?

deta hedman is entering - is she deluded ? or mayby wants to play challange tour?

How does the challenge tour work? Do all the players who miss out on a tour card have to right to play on it?

yes they can all enter it
    thats why some lads in euro q school only done 1 day - just to get into challange tour

https://tv.dartconnect.com/eventconfirmation/pdcukqs19

Fallon sherrock
    Lisa ashton
    Deta hedman

Scott waites
    Mckinstry

Etc

All listed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Dennis Smith. There's a blast from the past.

• Advertisement

Can't understand why Newton is going, he looked like a man who had lost all his confidence at Lakeside. He needs a year or two in the BDO to try and rediscover his game.

Dean Reynolds another one, needs time to work on his game. I think Q school is only going to do him more harm than good in his current state.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

397 entries

Reigning and three-time BDO World Champion Glen Durrant headlines the list of entries in Wigan as he aims to complete his switch to the lucrative PDC circuit - which will offer £14 million in prize money this year.

Three-time World Champion John Part is among the notable entries, as is former BDO World Champion Richie Burnett and former world finalists Andy Hamilton, Kevin Painter and Kirk Shepherd.

BDO number one Mark McGeeney, Lakeside semi-finalist Jim Williams, four-time women's World Champion Lisa Ashton and three-time women's World Champion Anastasia Dobromyslova also join the line-up.

They are joined by last Sunday's Lakeside runner-up Scott Waites, Saturday's women's world finalist Lorraine Winstanley and ladies legend Deta Hedman.

PDC veterans Jamie Caven, Andy Jenkins, Mark Walsh, Colin Osborne and Andrew Gilding are all aiming to rejoin the circuit.

https://www.live-darts.com/category/darts-news/pdc-qualifying-school-2019-entries-20190115/

Good to see a more Irish lads going this year. 18 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Good to see a more Irish lads going this year. 18 in total.

Any of them good enough to get through?

boomdocker wrote: »

I don't know most of them, but Kieth Gerathy and Jason Cullen certainly are, they just lost their tour cards I think?

Dean Finn from Wexford has been on the development tour a while, hes very good, but still very young think only 19 or 20.

Stu Comerford is also an excellent player from Kilkenny, won a game or two last year but don't think hell be good enough.

Can follow every dart thrown on every board on DartConnect tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I think Keith Rooney goes over every year. Played football with him back in the day. Sound chap.
    I remember him beating a young James Wade in the Grand Prix in 2005 then lost by a set to Dennis Priestly in the next round. Taylor had tipped him to go on to bigger things.

I think Keith Rooney goes over every year. Played football with him back in the day. Sound chap.
    I remember him beating a young James Wade in the Grand Prix in 2005 then lost by a set to Dennis Priestly in the next round. Taylor had tipped him to go on to bigger things.

What county is he playing with or does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

What county is he playing with or does he?

Not sure, he’s living in Duleek now. Last I heard of him he won the BDO Northern Irish Open a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

boomdocker wrote: »
    I don't know most of them, but Kieth Gerathy and Jason Cullen certainly are, they just lost their tour cards I think?

Dean Finn from Wexford has been on the development tour a while, hes very good, but still very young think only 19 or 20.

Stu Comerford is also an excellent player from Kilkenny, won a game or two last year but don't think hell be good enough.

Keith Geraghty and Jason Cullen are well able ... but Q school is cut throat in it's intensity. Young Nathan Rafferty (NI) narrowly missed out on cumulative points on getting a card last year but with that under his belt I wouldn't bet against him doing that wee bit better this time round. Dean Finn is of a similar age and is experienced enough that if it clicks for him he can be up there. Maybe needs to play and learn from this year though...
    Stewie Comerford & Keith Rooney - neither of them are there for a bucket list. Stewie has last year's experience to draw on and by all accounts played well in Tramore last weekend. Keith (played last year after a long absence iirc) has been there, done that, and I think same applies to them both as to Dean - if the lads can get a head of steam they got chances.
    Much the same applies to Ciaran Teehan and Richie Walsh. Quality players but it's a hard ask.

Best bets IMO are K McKinstry and N Rafferty (both NI), J Cullen, K Geraghty, D Finn (RoI)

Advertisement