Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner

• 13-12-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

So I wanna start mma, Muay Thai or BJJ preferably as it’s 2 I watch as enjoy. I suffer from serious depressive thoughts and have gained weight.

I am looking for a place to go to focus on something other then my thoughts and where my heads at. Would love any direction to a gym or club who does beginner classes based in crumlin area work In the city. I’m a complete beginner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

So I wanna start mma, Muay Thai or BJJ preferably as it’s 2 I watch as enjoy. I suffer from serious depressive thoughts and have gained weight.

I am looking for a place to go to focus on something other then my thoughts and where my heads at. Would love any direction to a gym or club who does beginner classes based in crumlin area work In the city. I’m a complete beginner.

Go have a chat with any of the gyms/bjj schools in your areas, you have plenty to choose from in the surrounding areas between Crumlin and the city centre. Be open and honest with them, they are all very very used to people in similar circumstances as yourself coming into them looking to get active. The more honest you are about whatever your motivation/situation is, the more they can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

A proper MMA gym will help as you'll have access to both Muay Thai and BJJ under the one roof.

SBG D24 with Paddy Holohan seems like a great spot if you're around Tallaght. Has you covered on both fronts and both Paddy and Joey Breslin (BJJ Coach) are fantastic people.

Northside has Team Ryano but they don't specifically list Muay Thai as a class, just Striking/MMA which would incorporate it anyway I'd imagine.

They would be my two recommendations for Dublin!

Advertisement