Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Same boat and with vampire weekend tonight and foals tomorrow will be a while before I get through it. Keep me going for EP maybe

is there anywhere i can view the footage?
    i forgot to record any of it! doh
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

is there anywhere i can view the footage?
    i forgot to record any of it! doh
    cheers

Get a VPN and you can catch a couple of hundred acts on BBC iPlayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KRedzer

Would anyone who has got it before recommend the early-entry pass for the Thursday? Or any thoughts on it.

I think I like the idea of being able to relax on the Friday having been fully set up the evening before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

KRedzer wrote: »
    Would anyone who has got it before recommend the early-entry pass for the Thursday? Or any thoughts on it.

I think I like the idea of being able to relax on the Friday having been fully set up the evening before.

Did it last year and doing it again, no stress getting in, parking close to the entrance and no crowds walking against you.
    It was great waking up there on Friday.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any more acts from the weekend we can expect in the next announcement? Chemicals and Tame Impala are possibilities due to their tour dates. Any lesser guns? Johnny Marr almost definite. Sharon Van Etten please?

Sharon van etten could hum the alphabet and she'd still have me enthralled.

Lucky enough to see her earlier this year play an almost religious show in vicar St....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just watching Christine and the queens there now, god she’s unreal at Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭fafy

KRedzer wrote: »

I’d highly recommend it, have always gone in on Thursday, the Friday arrival invasion, is one of the highlights, great crack. I’l be in there by 4pm on Thursday, and have a relaxing evening. I hear there is a little entertainment also, though haven’t seen it, normally just chilled out with friends and camping neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Vampire weekend were ****ing brilliant! Fingers crossed for EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭The Davestator

fafy wrote: »
    I’d highly recommend it, have always gone in on Thursday, the Friday arrival invasion, is one of the highlights, great crack. I’l be in there by 4pm on Thursday, and have a relaxing evening. I hear there is a little entertainment also, though haven’t seen it, normally just chilled out with friends and camping neighbours.

I'm tempted this year, but not sure I can be trusted to not open a cold can at 9 am.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

I'm tempted this year, but not sure I can be trusted to not open a cold can at 9 am.:(

That's mandatory if you arrive on the Thursday! Sit back with a liquid breakfast smugly watching all the Friday heads drag their stuff along the paths and fight each other for a camping spot.

The announcement of the new techno dance area said it's giving us 4 days of entertainment, so I'm crossing everything that that means it's on from Thursday onwards :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

everlast75 wrote: »
    Vampire weekend were ****ing brilliant! Fingers crossed for EP!

On a US tour then. The Saturday and Sunday are free but it would take a big fee for them to nip across just for the Picnic.

Same alas with the Stray Cats who i was hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    On a US tour then. The Saturday and Sunday are free but it would take a big fee for them to nip across just for the Picnic.

Same alas with the Stray Cats who i was hoping for.

Balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

Who would we really like to conceivably see added to the line up at this stage? I'll start: Microdisney, Liam Gallagher - ya ya I know, Sigrid, Junior Brother, Fontaines DC, Chemical Bros, David Keenan, Mountain Goats & Hot Chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Camroc20 wrote: »
    Who would we really like to conceivably see added to the line up at this stage? I'll start: Microdisney, Liam Gallagher - ya ya I know, Sigrid, Junior Brother, Fontaines DC, Chemical Bros, David Keenan, Mountain Goats & Hot Chip.

I'd be surprised to see LG added. Played last week in Cork and has a date set in The Point in November.

Would like to see Bloc party added.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭citygal93

Hi all, I know this is a long shot but if anyone is selling Sunday tickets I'd be interested in buying two. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Chemical Brothers definitely. I pretty much missed them last time they played and we are missing a big dance act. Sigrid would be good but played last year so probably unlikely. Hot Chip are at ATN so I'd say they are ruled out.

I would love to see Parcels, Roosevelt, Bloc Party, Little Dragon, Blood Orange, Robyn (probably unlikely) and a couple of good DJs thrown in. All of those acts seem to be playing festivals in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You can definitely rule out Sigrid (playing The Point in November), and as mentioned above, Hot Chip playing ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You can definitely rule out Sigrid (playing The Point in November), and as mentioned above, Hot Chip playing ATN.

maybe she owes Ireland a gig after pulling out of the cork and belsonic gigs,
    and sure doesnt she love the Emerald Isle!
    clutching at straws?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Stillill42

British Sea Power to finally make an appearance at EP. They're playing Krankenhaus festival the following weekend, no obvious clash for Stradbally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ahem Aphex Twin too, thank you very much.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hot Chip at All Together Now so doubtful, and Fontaines are a no. They've gigs booked EP weekend in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

maybe she owes Ireland a gig after pulling out of the cork and belsonic gigs,
    and sure doesnt she love the Emerald Isle!
    clutching at straws?

I was thinking the same, she pulled out of Sea Sessions too. I have tickets to the 3 arena in November but hope to see her added to EP again this year (she's written a song about it, seems only fitting that she'd turn up :))

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe a few of you on Boards should ask EP on facebook about the next announcement and see if they get back to you. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Black Keys new album just dropped...tour starting in USA end Sept. EP would be a most excellent warm up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭endainoz

I know I've been going on about it all summer but the offspring are still free EP weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Mucker46

James (playing UK twice that weekend so probably unlikely) Johnny marr, foals ( will confirm in few hours if still feel the same) bloc party, black mountain, thumper, erasure and whipping boy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    I know I've been going on about it all summer but the offspring are still free EP weekend...

Gunter glieben glauchen globen
    James (playing UK twice that weekend so probably unlikely) Johnny marr, foals ( will confirm in few hours if still feel the same) bloc party, black mountain, thumper, erasure and whipping boy

Didn’t Mr. Marr self confirm way back last year? Erasure would be an utter hoot and could probably have the set list of a weekend in terms of classic hit quotients.

Johnny marr, foals ( will confirm in few hours if still feel the same) bloc party, erasure and whipping boy

That list would make me very very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Out of that I’d go for

Microdisney
    Fontaine’s
    Chems
    Hot chip

Advertisement