Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on kayak for family of adults and young teens

• 18-08-2018 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to buy a kayak for use by me and kids age 10 up. I know nothing about what to buy so maybe someone could advise.

I've done a little kayaking over the years just renting one for an hour or so when on holidays but I'm no expert.

We'd love to get one to use at the beach in places like Greystones and on lakes so in calm water mostly.

I'm not very comfortable in the water so I don't want to capsize. The kayaks I've rented seem uncapsizeable so I'd like to get something very stable like that.

I'd like to be able to go out on my own sometimes so does that rule out a double kayak or can they be paddled alone too?

We have a roof rack on a 7 seater so it should fit on that.

Can anyone give me some tips on what to search for please?

thanks

Advertisement