Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

learning drums

• 06-02-2018 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for someone who cannot sing or know about music to learn drums. When i say not know about music they do not know or understand about notes or keys or if someone in a group is out of tune or singing too high or low for the rest . Tone deaf i think it is called

Also what is the difference between a foundation drummer and a jockey drummer. Albert Goldman's bio of John Lennon says "Pete Best was a Jockey drummer Ringo Starr was a foundation drummer"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eskerman

My son plays drums - he is 19 and he does some teaching as well. Anybody can learn to play drums without understanding the principles of music - but drummers do have to learn the basics of music as they progress - and drummers should learn how to read music (drum music).

Drummers like other musicians learn from grades = grade 1 to grade 8 and then some move on to advanced levels. Starting at a young age is best - check out Trinity Rock and Pop grades for Drummers and also check youtube.

Drums are a challenge to learn and make sure you have a well sound proofed room for practice :)

Hope this helps

Advertisement