Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale and Freebie thread

• 24-01-2018 8:17pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Been a few requests for this so lets give it a go.

Keep things civil please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Free hi viz vests from the RSA. You can the orange motorbike one - with a zip.
    https://www.rsaorders.ie

Go to high visibility goods. Add to cart. And checkout. They'll post it to you free!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

I've got a Givi B360 Monolock top box for sale if anyone's interested, like this - https://www.givi.co.uk/cases/Monolock/B360

Also, have some Roadskin jeans, brand new, 38/30. On adverts - open to offers - https://www.adverts.ie/clothing-boots/motorbike-roadskin-jeans-elite-titanite/14529540

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

04-07 CBr1000rr race tail unit,new and unpainted......50 euro
    04-07 CBR1000rr front mudguard,metalic blue,with a few light scratches,20 euro

Located North Dublin

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thread cleaned - lets keep it to posts of items and related questions please.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Here is a free lid if anybody wants it before it goes in the bin:

1DMwEqB.png

Its a small (55-56) AGV helmet.

Nice one! Could I have that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'd love it - thanks, sending pm

• Registered Users Posts: 39 billymc1

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

thos wrote: »
    I've got a Givi B360 Monolock top box for sale if anyone's interested, like this - https://www.givi.co.uk/cases/Monolock/B360

Also, have some Roadskin jeans, brand new, 38/30. On adverts - open to offers - https://www.adverts.ie/clothing-boots/motorbike-roadskin-jeans-elite-titanite/14529540

Is that top box for the monokey or monorack system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Amirah Repulsive Salt

Great idea for a thread, maybe unstick the 'planning a trip abroad' thread (which hasn't been updated in over two years) and pin this one?.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Is that top box for the monokey or monorack system

Monolock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Waterproofs, gloves, trousers. Free - but not free from defects. Here
    Hopefully for the benefit of new or learner riders.

Fireblade parts now SOLD.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

i have some older rst textile jacket and jeans, couple of years old, leaks a bit, but never crashed. Not too bad condition. Free if anyone wants it - otherwise it' s off to a charidee shop. Collection in drawda only. 44 chest, 34 waist.

Pirelli SuperCorsa SP and SC2 cut slicks for sale.
    120/70/17 fronts.have 3 of them here with about 25-30 laps use on them.Used in Mondello last September on a supersport 600 race bike
    40 euro each which is a complete bargin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Akrapovich endcan off Super Tenere. About 15k Kms use. Veru good condition. €250. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

lennymc wrote: »
    i have some older rst textile jacket and jeans, couple of years old, leaks a bit, but never crashed. Not too bad condition. Free if anyone wants it - otherwise it' s off to a charidee shop. Collection in drawda only. 44 chest, 34 waist.

gone to the charity shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Amirah Repulsive Salt

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    This is still available if anybody wants it.

I'll take that, it would fit my daughter perfect.

RARE and Brand new Ixil CBR1000rr full titanium system.Fits 04-07 bikes.
    Never been on a bike,still in its packaging.Very light in weight.

I have no use for it. 750 euro.

441071.jpg

441072.jpg

441073.jpg

441074.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭traco

Freebie:
    Autocom e11 going, took it off the bike. Didn’t come with the headsets but was supposed to be working. No use to me so if anyone uses one and wants a spare let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

Hi. Am getting on the road as a bike rider, and have all the gear except a helmet. Am having trouble finding one large enough. I found a couple of 2XL lids which I could get on, but they were uncomfortably tight fitting, and all the 3XL lids I found were smaller fitting than the 2XL lids.

If anyone could offer any advide I'd be very grateful, or knows someone who has a suitably large sized helmet who'd like to sell it, please let me know. Thanks....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,377 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Teddy have you gone into a store and got fitted by the staff ? Helmets are meant to be tight as in your cheek should be under some pressure not heavy pressure but enough that if you move the helmet your cheek moves slightly the same way.

They should never be loose.

Yes. Just these helmets were uncomfortably tight. A little less pressure would be far more comfortable... I'm trying to find a bit more width even with less front to back, if you know what I mean...

I went to a guy who sells gear from his house outside Longford, and tried on over 20 helmets... its more the shape than size is the issue...

thanks for the reply....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

teddy_303 wrote: »
    Yes. Just these helmets were uncomfortably tight. A little less pressure would be far more comfortable... I'm trying to find a bit more width even with less front to back, if you know what I mean...

I went to a guy who sells gear from his house outside Longford, and tried on over 20 helmets... its more the shape than size is the issue...

thanks for the reply....

Were they all one particular brand? Maybe try different brands if you can.
    Ive had 2 helmets from one manufacturer both XL and completely different fit.

yes, they were multiple different brands.. i guess i'll have to go to a large established shop to find the right one, with so much variation in sizes... I found the same differential in the armoured jackets, which I did manage to pick up while i was the, & gloves. Glad just, it wasn't a wasted journey...

Next stop, Dublin... Anyone know if there is a good store in galway city?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Try Halfords too if you're stuck, they stock helmets but have a limited range of brands.

i tried there in sligo branch a few days ago and as you said, almost nothing there.. 3 small sized lids there, 2 of which had stickers on them saying "display model only" on them They'd be more useful if they didn't even exist, as i wouldn't have had a wasted journey there to begin with...

Back on topic please lads - this thread is for freebies and for sale, not a discussion on helmet sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I have a pair of Oxford Route 73 leather trousers for sale. They've been worn a grand total of 5 times. They're a size 34 M but I'm around a size 36 (on a good day) and they're a comfy fit. So I'd say they're realistically a 36-38. They have a short zip connector to connect to a jacket. Originally cost over €200, will take €75 for them.

441788.jpg

441789.jpg

441790.jpg

441791.jpg

441792.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Spada Storm WP Gloves - Black

Size: Large

Bought from Motorcycleshop.ie for 35 euro and never worn. Were too big for me so I ordered a size M and forgot to return the large pair. I have the receipt etc.

They are brand new, have never been worn - apart from literally the one time I tried them on for size. All original packaging etc I still have for them. I'm based in south Dublin city - collection from Dublin 4/Rathmines/Portobello. Can post at your expense.

Open to offers. I'm no miser.

Lovely warm pair of gloves & waterproof. I've been wearing a pair of them on the commute every day the past month and while I've needed the heated grips the past few mornings with the below freezing temps as I leave the house, they keep out the cold & wet much better than my other (much more expensive) Knox & Richa gloves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

I've an old motorcycle alarm gathering dust in the garage. it's a good few years old but was working when I took it off the bike.

System comprises of an alarm unit, radio transmitter, pocket pager, shock and motion sensor, micro resonance sensor, antenna, and 110 db siren.

Basically, wired to the bike, it will detect movement, noise, and knocks against the bike. It will sound the alarm and/or page you with the supplied pager. Also has a warning LED. Pager range is 1 mile (according to the manual) but it has worked for me from a garage around 500 yards away.

And the good news, it's free to a good home, in Cork city preferably (for collection).

I have the installation manual, and it is pretty simple to wire in. The control unit is around 6" x 6" X 2", so needs a bit of space to install.

PM if it is of use to you, and you can arrange collection in Cork city.

Advertisement