Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WRC & other rallying 2018

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

h3000 wrote: »

Lucky I didn't go over to it. Had planned to watch the last stage and make a dash for Holyhead for 2pm ferry.

h3000 wrote: »

2pm now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

masit wrote: »
    2pm now

Bit of disaster for organizers after a great event.

Only top 14 will get a run now

mjhickeyie wrote: »
    Bit of disaster for organizers after a great event.

Only top 14 will get a run now

Cars up to the startline now.

Oiger does it. Wins Wales rally GB. Think this was the best WRC for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

That was some Sunday from Ogier. I really think he has an extra hunger for to win one more championship in the Fiesta. A great drive from Breen too this weekend. I really hope he has a drive next year. It was an awesome rally and the next two should be brilliant. I so sickened for Ott. He drove so well.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

David Evans reporting this morning that Meeke has signed for Toyota

liam7831 wrote: »
    David Evans reporting this morning that Meeke has signed for Toyota

Colin Clark still seems to think that Wilson and Meeke are talking. Lappi is expected to be confirmed at Citroen in or around the 18th so I'd say we'll know all then. I'd love to see Breen go to Toyota as the 3rd driver and Meeke to M-Sport as the number 1. That's if M-Sport are even in the WRC next year.

Anyone heading to Spain. Solberg, Loeb and Ken Block back, it would be a nice rally to head to.

It’s now being confirmed that Meeke is off to Toyota to join Tänak and Latvala. Meeke will have a new co-driver too after an amicable split with Nagle. It’s looking like Seb Marshall will be the guy to step in.

Lappi is off to join Ogier at Citroen. They are apparently to focus on just two cars which leaves Craig Breen looking for a new drive. M-Sport seems to be a strong possibility though.

Now, I'll take it with a pinch of salt but rumors that M-Sport and Loeb are taking. With Peugeot pulling out of WRX, and Citroen WRC squad filled, looks like Loeb will be not be driving next year so you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

masit wrote: »
    Now, I'll take it with a pinch of salt but rumors that M-Sport and Loeb are taking. With Peugeot pulling out of WRX, and Citroen WRC squad filled, looks like Loeb will be not be driving next year so you never know.

It would be great but I can’t see it happening. Doubt M-Sport could afford him?

I think Loeb still has a contract with PSA for next year.

Going to be a great last stage on Rally Spain. Loeb leading, Oiger 3.6 behind, Neuville in 3rd with Evans 2.0 behind him. Evans was quicker than Neuville on the last stage so if he pushes hard, Neuville could drop to 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Loeb wins from Ogier with Evans 3rd. Five years since his last WRC win. What a driver.

Oiger is 6 times world champion. Great WRC this year towards the end of the season. Jari-Matti wins rally Australia. If he had not won this rally it would have been the first year he didn't win a rally since 2008 and the first year since 1995 a driver from Finland didn't win a rally .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Neuvile had his usual end of season wobble and Tanak made some mistakes also.
    Sebastian Loeb hit the nail on the head when he said said before the season finale that Ogier was stronger in the mind than his opponents.
    Roll on The Monte.

Advertisement