Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The McGuigans BBC 1, May 17

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Read my post above..

I don’t think Barnes said what you said he said...

Maybe check that up and remove your claim if I am correct..

Morrison J wrote: »

It's not relevant at all. We're talking about the relationship between the McGuigan's and Frampton. Obviously Paddy Barnes as one of Framptons best friends knows the story.

Knows what version of the story?

Tell me you are not that obtuse here? He may know Frampton’s version, but don’t go claiming he knows the full story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

walshb wrote: »
    Btw,

Is it verified that Barnes said those things about the McGuigan’s?

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt here...

I am taking your word on it for now.

It appears, from my research that Barnes “liked” posts that accused the McGuigan’s of being thieves..
    There was accusations that one of the McGuigans (Shane or Jake) set up a twitter account to have a go at Paddy. These were Paddys replies to that account.

https://twitter.com/paddyb_ireland/status/898295280914837505

https://twitter.com/paddyb_ireland/status/898431355662385152

Knows what version of the story?

Tell me you are not that obtuse here? He may know Frampton’s version, but don’t go claiming he knows the full story.

Knows Carls version of the story obviously. The reason Carl left which is what we are talking about. It was Carl who left Cyclone, not Cyclone who left Carl. I never said he'd know the McGuigan's side. Stop looking for something thats not there.

I’m no legal expert but it doesn’t appear that Paddy directly called the McGuigan’s thieves and liars...

Anyway, for me his version or opinion means F all here.

• Advertisement

Knows Carls version of the story obviously. The reason Carl left which is what we are talking about. It was Carl who left Cyclone, not Cyclone who left Carl. I never said he'd know the McGuigan's side. Stop looking for something thats not there.

You clearly said he would know the “full story..” Post 68 third paragraph.

It is in your post. Do you even bother to check what you write?

He knows Frampton’s story. That is NOT the full story.

I am looking for nothing. It’s me mentioning what you said.

You clearly said he would know the “full story..”

It is in your post. Do you even bother to check what you write?

He knows Frampton’s story. That is NOT the full story.

I am looking for nothing. It’s me quoting what you said.

Fair fair. My bad typing that. He knows Carl's reasons for leaving.

Fair fair. My bad typing that. He knows Carl's reasons for leaving.

Okey doke. I didn’t intend to be badgering..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Boooourns

It's a strange one alright, Carl and Shane were big mates by the look of it so it's a massive fallout. I'm sure it will eventually come out.
    Jamie Moore is a very strange pick as a trainer, is all very muddy waters with the MTK link especially where Jamie is involved!

Boooourns wrote: »
    It's a strange one alright, Carl and Shane were big mates by the look of it so it's a massive fallout. I'm sure it will eventually come out.
    Jamie Moore is a very strange pick as a trainer, is all very muddy waters with the MTK link especially where Jamie is involved!

It's about money. All these thing are!

• Advertisement

Going to get extremely messy isn't it.

DPk5kqqVwAEauwF.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The greed and corruption in this sport is vile

Something tells me the McGuigan's aren't going to come out of this looking well.

Earnings due to former world champion boxer Carl Frampton were allegedly withheld during his time with ex-manager and promoter Barry McGuigan, the Belfast High Court heard today.

The Belfast fighter claims he wasn’t paid properly under an arrangement which “unjustly enriched” Cyclone Promotions. A judge was also told Mr Frampton’s parents believe they lodged up to £1 million raised through selling tickets to their son’s bouts into Mr McGuigan’s bank account. The boxer has issued a writ in Northern Ireland over an alleged failure to pay sums due in purse monies.

The action is being taken against Barry McGuigan, his wife Sandra McGuigan and Cyclone Promotions (UK) Ltd. It forms the basis of Mr Frampton’s counter-claim to separate legal proceedings brought against him by Cyclone Promotions at the High Court in London.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/earnings-due-to-carl-frampton-were-withheld-during-time-with-mcguigan-court-told-1.3406572?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

During Tuesday's hearing, evidence was read from Mr Frampton's sworn statement saying he first became suspicious about the McGuigans in the run up to his 2016 fight against Scott Quigg in Manchester.

Mr Frampton alleged that he and his wife Christine noticed the "McGuigan family and their wives and girlfriends" appeared to be using the business account for general expenses.

He said he still had not been paid for the fight some months after it took place and when he queried it he was "fobbed off". Mr Frampton said his opponent was paid some months before him.

Mr Frampton also alleges the McGuigans "took advantage" of his parents by getting them to lodge "significant sums of money" from ticket sales into Barry McGuigan's personal bank account.

The statement read to the court said: 'I expected him (Barry McGuigan) to safeguard my interests but I believe he abused that trust and was assisted by Sandra McGuigan in this regard.

"I believe they made undisclosed financial gain."

The court was told that "the final straw" came in 2017 when tax inspectors called at Mr Frampton's home with a bill for £397,000 relating to unpaid VAT by NI Cyclone Promotions.

His barrister told the court it was then that Mr Frampton resigned as a director of the company and appointed an accountant independent of the McGuigans.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-43214307

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

If this is true, I am beginning to agree with Brolly's opinion about Barry.

Chantelle Cameron leaves Cyclone saying she was badly treated and had to chase them for money. Not a good look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

https://www.the42.ie/eusebio-pedroza-4520095-Mar2019/?fbclid=IwAR34IeJL2HxqIeGvp2vrS7q0dE8MsRnJ-Lbq3Y7eMWuDQIkWKtM78rgTRwk

Just leave it here as anywhere else... Eusebio Pedroza has passed away at the age of 62 after a battle with cancer....I remember watching Barry take the crown from him at Loftus Road all those years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Was one of my first memories of boxing Dad watching on the TV big deal in our gaff

Advertisement