Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League and all things European Rugby League 2017.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Quite a good read in the Guardian online about what's going on at the London Broncos, definitely more positive since they moved to Trailfinders in Ealing.

www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jul/15/london-broncos-long-term-future-andrew-henderson-rugby-league

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

That's some win for Toulouse today, came from 20 6 down against Hull KR to win 31 30. They're the only team to beat KR this season in the league. Twice now.

Danny McGuire is leaving Leeds Rhinos at the end of the season, there will be a few Super League teams after him if he doesn't want too much money. My left field guess would be he might end up at Toronto, they seemingly have a few bob and he might like the adventure of it all.

So he's off to Hull KR.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wigan and Hull are set to have a match in Australia next year.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jul/26/super-league-wigan-hull-australia-rugby-league

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Wigan and Hull are set to have a match in Australia next year.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jul/26/super-league-wigan-hull-australia-rugby-league

Yeah I was reading about that, can't see there will be much about it that appeals to NRL fans over there, but maybe the expat community will swell the crowd a bit. Personally I'm not mad on either team, but it's always any one but Wigan.

• Advertisement

Couple of free live games to watch this weekend on the BBC.

Today sees Hull take on Leeds in the semi-final of the Challenge Cup. Starts on TV at 2pm on BBC One.

Then tomorrow it's Wigan v Salford in the other semi-final, again, starts at 2pm on tv, this time on BBC Two.

Jebus, the video ref took an eternity, and still came to the wrong decision. Like pulling teeth.

Good first half, Hull lead by six.

Edit: Leeds comprehensively outplayed the second half, more or less one way traffic.

Pie Eaters comfortable so far against Salford sadly. 12 nil up after 20 mins

Hehehehehe, less than ten minutes later we are all square. Didn't think there was any downward pressure with that try but there we go.

James Child is a poor referee imo, and the video ref takes FAR too long making a decision.

• Advertisement

Salford really didn't do enough 2nd half of the game.

So final will be Hull v Wigan.

Any of you have a Blue Peter badge? You get free entry to the Challenge Cup final if you do (and still technically a child).

Nice little attempt at free advertising from the RFL.

London Broncos playing an absolute blinder in the super 8s against Catalans. Dragons will probably win, but they're giving it a right go.

Brilliant from the Broncos, did themselves proud and ran an established Super League team with biggish budget VERY close. Think the officials were sh1te too, still, bodes well for next game.

Wakefield making a real game of of this, hope Castleford go on and win the whole thing though. Deserve it for how they've played the game this season.

Final of the Challenge Cup from Wembley today. Hull v Wigan is live and free on the BBC @3pm.

I'm guessing Wigan will be too strong for Hull, but the golden rule "Anyone But Wigan", so I'll be cheering on the Black and Whites.

Forgot to say, BBC Two at 3pm.

Well deserved win for Hull but officiating was really poor and Wigan can feel a bit hard done by (good! :)) Pretty scrappy game too, so much on it's not surprising I suppose.

Tony Smith is leaving Warrington, it'll be interesting to see if he ends up coaching back in Oz, or stays in the UK/France.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What an unbelieveable last half hour in Castleford vs St. Helens. Fantastic game, makes me wonder why I dont watch more Super League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Probably the first game I've seen this season, terrific stuff.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    What an unbelieveable last half hour in Castleford vs St. Helens. Fantastic game, makes me wonder why I dont watch more Super League

Probably the first game I've seen this season, terrific stuff.

And what a game you chose, absolutely fantastic, brilliant RL from both teams. Cas deserve it for the season they've had, but Saints will be kicking themselves. It's that good every week*

*May not be true :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I only caught the last 20 mins or so when it was swinging backwards and forwards plus the extra time. Was certainly a cracking match from the bit I saw

Having said that the stakes were high and the loser's season was over so there was plenty of incentive to push things to the limit.

Beasty wrote: »
    I only caught the last 20 mins or so when it was swinging backwards and forwards plus the extra time. Was certainly a cracking match from the bit I saw

Having said that the stakes were high and the loser's season was over so there was plenty of incentive to push things to the limit.

Well historically Saints would always be the team you'd expect to push it, and throw the ball, and this season Cas have been on another level for that. I was hoping for a good game but that was a stormer.

Cas Leeds final then. Decent game tonight but was never going to match last night.

Early warning. Grand final will be 80 minutes of me moaning about how small, and dangerous, the in goal area is at Old Trafford.

Cas Leeds final then. Decent game tonight but was never going to match last night.

Early warning. Grand final will be 80 minutes of me moaning about how small, and dangerous, the in goal area is at Old Trafford.

Thought tonights game was pretty good although the error count from both sides seemed a bit high. Hope I remember to tune in to the final.

Catalans beat Leigh in the "million pound game" *vomit* to retain their Super League status, and send Centurions down.

Zak Hardaker is out of the final for Cas, breached club rules. Not specified which ones but two rumours knocking around are failed drugs test or passing information to Leeds player. He'll be a big miss for them.

• Advertisement

Zak Hardaker is out of the final for Cas, breached club rules. Not specified which ones but two rumours knocking around are failed drugs test or passing information to Leeds player. He'll be a big miss for them.

I just saw that on Sky Sports news. How big a loss is he, was outstanding for me last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement