Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Couple with six children killed in Palestine

• 02-10-2015 7:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

The victims in Oregon weren't the only people shot dead yesterday.

Eitam and Naama Henkin - Israeli citizens and residents of Neria, Palestine - were shot dead in their car this Thursday.

Four of their six children – including a four-month old infant – survived the attack.

Though the shooter or shooters have not yet been identified, a member of Hamas has praised the incident.

Hamas are the leaders of the government in Gaza, led by Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh.

Hamas' spokesman Husam Badran called the killings a “heroic operation”, and said, “we call on our people in the West Bank to carry out more quality operations like the [one] today.”

I heard and saw a lot of people – both on the streets of Dublin and on sites like this – condemn Israeli actions in Gaza last year, and the innocent people caught up in it. I never – and I did stop to ask them – heard any of them talk about Israeli fears of Palestinian violence.

After this, a question needs to be asked.

Are Israelis fears of Palestinian violence justified?

https://twitter.com/EVKontorovich/status/649816393395867648

Are Israelis fears of Palestinian violence justified? 117 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    the_sycoSandSpearBigConinforfunsmoking_killskeano_afcSnake PliskenstorkerBalmed OutmuppetkillerbikospeedboatchasegalwayrushzzxxdotsmanCollie DSamarisPapaQuebecVarik 117 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

yes if you live on illegal settlements on stolen land you probably should be pretty fearful of violent retribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

No
    strelok wrote: »
    yes if you live on illegal settlements on stolen land you probably should be pretty fearful of violent retribution

Thank you for your comment.

Now everyone can see how you view the situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

*shrug*

I don't support murdering people but I don't think you can just lah-dee-dah onto illegal settlements on land your government has stolen from your neighbours and expect to live the easy life.

these settlements are an act of aggression against their neighbours, this sort of **** is just to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

AH doesn't seem to care… not surprising really.

But if a Palestinian stubs his toes… woe-betide Israel, for the wrath of AH will be fierce and the thread will go on for hundreds of pages. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

2 israelis killed.Should we be up in arms.

over 2000 innocent Palestinian children murdered by Israel,nearly 10000 adult civilians killed by Israel in the past conflicts.

Over 10 billion in damage caused by Israel to Palestinian infrastructure.

Many more children froze to death due to having no shelter as Israel intentionally destroyed absolutely everything in Palestine.

So,if you ask me do I care about 2 Israelis SETTLERS?not really.
    Settlers are the worst form of scum on the planet-look them up and see what they've done

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    AH doesn't seem to care… not surprising really.

But if a Palestinian stubs his toes… woe-betide Israel, for the wrath of AH will be fierce and the thread will go on for hundreds of pages. :cool:

One of the more ridiculous comments ive read here in a while

davmol wrote: »
    One of the more ridiculous comments ive read here in a while

Woh, woh.

I do t want to stir up a hornets nest…

But one is murder. The other war ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

No

And now we can see what side of the fence you sit on.

Woh, woh.

Palestinians have never declared war on Israel nor vice versa.

what you are seeing from the Israeli side is disproportionate punishment and full on slaughter of an impoverished nation with nothing by a country which receives billions each year in military supplies.

Like me with an army behind me slaughtering sleeping children

neither side have ever declared war with eachother.

What is happening is a country which receives billions of dollars in military aid each year is slaughtering innocent children who are impoverished and have nothing.

Its a slaughter and massacre which is one sided not a war.Settlers on stolen land=fair game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

A few days the Israelis killed an 18 year old for being, well, not Jewish.

OP silent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

They may - allegedly (not proven yet) - be settlers, but they are still civilians, so obviously murdering them is wrong.

The 'wrongs' in this conflict are diverse and endless though - while this should be condemned, people should avoid the hypocrisy of failing to acknowledge Israel's semi-regular murder/slaughter of Palestinians as well - by trying to hide behind the fact that Israel mostly does it at arms-length, with drones and bombs (so that murder gets reframed as 'collateral damage' - when they know full well they will be targeting civilians and intentionally killing scores of them) - it's still murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

No
    No sympathy for the Palestinians when they elect Islamic terror organisations like Hamas into power. RIP the poor couple!
    Europe could learn some lessons from Israel on securing its borders and controlling the flow of people.

OP-Where was your cries when an Israeli stabbed some teenagers some of which later died because they were at a gay march?

Where was your outrage when Israeli settlers burned a 6 month old toddler alive and laughed about it.

Have you heard about the tagging crowd of settlers who go around burning Palestinian adult and children out of their house??

They were ILLEGAL SETTLES living on occupied land and in my opinion they got what settlers are dishing out on a daily basis.

No sympathy for the Palestinians when they elect Islamic terror organisations like Hamas into power. RIP the poor couple!
    Europe could learn some lessons from Israel on securing its borders and controlling the flow of people.

Netanyahu has presided over a country which has slaughtered thousands of innocent civlians and children.In my opinion that's a terrorist regime.

IS it because USA ,who protect Israel(due to Israeli lobbies) , don't label the Likud party terrorists that they aren't??

I see absolutely no difference between assads regime and netanyahus.

Both responsible for the death of many thousands off innocent lives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

It takes 2 Israeli's getting killed to match the response on AH of 2000 Palestinians getting killed.

Right wing moronic thread is moronic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Is playing the numbers game (you killed 4 of ours! - Yes, but you killed 5 of ours first!) and trying to find a definite answer on who's to blame really going to do anything - anything at all! - to help solve the conflict and prevent further killings?

Or is that just going to satisfy the crowds desire for revenge?

Anti Semites the lot of you!! :p

Shenshen wrote: »
    Is playing the numbers game (you killed 4 of ours! - Yes, but you killed 5 of ours first!) and trying to find a definite answer on who's to blame really going to do anything - anything at all! - to help solve the conflict and prevent further killings?

Or is that just going to satisfy the crowds desire for revenge?

There's a much bigger gap between 2 - several thousand then there is 4 - 5 so of course Israeli supporters don't want to play the numbers game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

davmol wrote: »
    OP-Where was your cries when an Israeli stabbed some teenagers some of which later died because they were at a gay march?

Where was your outrage when Israeli settlers burned a 6 month old toddler alive and laughed about it.

Have you heard about the tagging crowd of settlers who go around burning Palestinian adult and children out of their house??

They were ILLEGAL SETTLES living on occupied land and in my opinion they got what settlers are dishing out on a daily basis.

Did they deserve to be murdered in front of their children?

Did their children deserve to watch their parents die?

Who benefits from that? No one.

I'm sensing the response will be something along the lines of whataboutery.

Its the same thing that happened in the north. The violence has to stop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

There's a much bigger gap between 2 - several thousand then there is 4 - 5 so of course Israeli supporters don't want to play the numbers game.

So how many would one side have to kill for you to think the other side is perfectly justified to kill what fraction of that number?

We're talking about people here. There's the old saying that 3 dead are a tragedy, 1000 dead are a statistic. Treating any of these victims as numbers to calculate with for political justifications is unbelievably callous.

• Advertisement

Shenshen wrote: »
    So how many would one side have to kill for you to think the other side is perfectly justified to kill what fraction of that number?

We're talking about people here. There's the old saying that 3 dead are a tragedy, 1000 dead are a statistic. Treating any of these victims as numbers to calculate with for political justifications is unbelievably callous.

I just think things should be put into perspective here. Dropping chemical weapons on an entire population while maintaining a brutal blockade on the same population is equal to two people being murdered with a gun, something that seems to happen on a almost daily base these days in the US.

Why isn't the poll question "Are Palestinian fears of Israelis violence justified?" Or does the OP view Palestinians as subhumans who don't have fear as an emotion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Are Israelis fears of Palestinian violence justified?

Not even half as justified as the Palestinians sitting in fear right now.

It's gas that this gets a mention, but the Palestinians every one or two weeks barely get a note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Hamas were elected in Gaza. This is the west bank, where the majority of Palestinians are. If you're going to comment, it would be nice if you actually has some vague notion of the realities beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The victims in Oregon weren't the only people shot dead yesterday.https://twitter.com/EVKontorovich/status/649816393395867648

Thanks for that OP and while I share you concern, unlike you, I find it difficult to be so selective. Because I utterly condemn the killing of any innocent persons, regardless of their faith or political creed.

It's just a pity you seemed to have missed the Palestinian baby that was burned alive by Zionist extremists back in July.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel/1.668871

Why didn't you start a thread about that brutal murder? Or even a thread about the hundreds of children murdered in Gaza last year by the IDF? Imo, you're walking on very thin ice if you wish to only talk about violence coming from a particular side, while appearing to ignore the root cause for such violence. Which is, as long as the IDF continues to brutalise and murder innocent Palestinians, there will always be Palestinians willing to kill innocent Israelis for revenge. And the tragic cycle will continue as a long as we have nutjobs like Bibi and his Zionist regime controlling the reigns of power in Israel and continually choking the life out of peace.

Woh, woh.

No, one is murder. The other is a war crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

If Russia took over Europe, do you think Russian settlers in Europe would get the same treatment? Most likely.

While I don't support the murders, the victims were a symptom of the problem -- that it's okay to just mindlessly move in on someone else's land and evict them. Planning permission is not given to Palestinian people to build homes so they have no choice but to go ahead and build anyways. Then their homes are destroyed because of 'no planning permission'.

What do you expect?

No, one is murder. The other is a war crime.

You say potato the UN says potato. But the whole world (except for the terrorists) agrees the couple was murdered in cold blood and their kids had a lucky escape but will remain orphans.

You say potato the UN says potato. But the whole world (except for the terrorists) agrees the couple was murdered in cold blood and their kids had a lucky escape but will remain orphans.

No ,the kids didn't have a lucky escape.They were intentionally not harmed.
    Unlike,israel who intentionally targeted children in the last conflict-read breaking the silence-admissions from the IDF that they targeted civilians and children.

In protective edge Israel murdered nearly 600 children and 1800 innocent civilians,Hamas was responsible for the death of 1 israeli child with a 90% military combatants kill rate.

tell me who is the terrorist?

No
    Does the OP view Palestinians as subhumans who don't have fear as an emotion?

Find one shred of evidence that I view the Palestinians as subhumans who don't have fear as an emotion.

That, or redraw you comment, you slanderous fool.

• Advertisement

No
    <mod snip>Don't bring discussion from another thread into this one please.</mod snip>

Advertisement