Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I hope they put in a few extra sections similar to when they remade one on the game cube originally. I had no idea they were in it and it was an added bonus that puzzles, door etc had been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

recyclops wrote: »
    I hope they put in a few extra sections similar to when they remade one on the game cube originally. I had no idea they were in it and it was an added bonus that puzzles, door etc had been changed.

I'm about 80% sure I read somewhere that they were going to tweak a few things to keep it fresh for experienced players. But then, I've read so many previews for different games over the past week, I could be imagining that. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God this looks so good, i loved RE2, and ill even try and play this even though i'm a habitual coward...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I really don't want any spoilers so am trying to avoid watching any videos after the reveal trailers. Is it correct that the fixed camera is gone?

I honestly don't know how I missed Resident Evil back in the day. Horror has always been my favourite genre. Silent Hill 1-3 were my favourite games back then and also loved Project Zero series and Alone in the Dark. Yet I knew nothing about Resident Evil back then. The first one I played was 5 which was an action game (which I did enjoy but on a different level). So when I played 1 HD for the first time last year I was blown away with how good it was. Played 7 in VR and it was one of the most intense gaming experiences I've ever had. Might play through it again soon. I've been watching for information on 2 ever since I finished 1 and knew a remake of 2 was in the pipeline. Cannot wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I really don't want any spoilers so am trying to avoid watching any videos after the reveal trailers. Is it correct that the fixed camera is gone?

I honestly don't know how I missed Resident Evil back in the day. Horror has always been my favourite genre. Silent Hill 1-3 were my favourite games back then and also loved Project Zero series and Alone in the Dark. Yet I knew nothing about Resident Evil back then. The first one I played was 5 which was an action game (which I did enjoy but on a different level). So when I played 1 HD for the first time last year I was blown away with how good it was. Played 7 in VR and it was one of the most intense gaming experiences I've ever had. Might play through it again soon. I've been watching for information on 2 ever since I finished 1 and knew a remake of 2 was in the pipeline. Cannot wait for it!

Thats really weird, then again, i havent played the silent hills ;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

nix wrote: »
    Thats really weird, then again, i havent played the silent hills ;D
    Silent Hill 2 is easily in the top 3 of greatest story driven video games of all time. Absolutely brilliant I still play it perhaps once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

recyclops wrote: »
    Silent Hill 2 is easily in the top 3 of greatest story driven video games of all time.

Good think Konami didn't do something like lose the source code or something silly like that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by the amount of damage the zombies can take, it looks like we need Isaac Clarke and his plasma cutter.

Just played the Gamecube version this year, which was my first time playing the game. Played Claire/Leon with the intention of playing Leon/Claire on the remake. Wonder if they'll still have that setup and will they fix the thing that did kind of annoy me in a made no sense kinda way -
    The stories are supposed to be overlapping yet Leon was having to complete puzzles Claire already completed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Watched a few gameplay previews, there was a ton to find in that demo. There does seem to be new areas (stairs from 1F to 2F on West side has another stairs leading to a 3F which 99% sure wasnt in the original.

Also some other gameplay mechanics new to the game:
    Gunpowder from RE3 looks to be back (mix A+A for handgun ammo etc)
    boards you can nail up over external windows to stop zombies smashing in
    hip pouches to increase inventory space (yes I know there was one in the original)
    knife has a durability bar
    a portable safe that goes in your inventory with a small puzzle on the front, no recorder opened it so far as I have seen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Kind of disappointed about the
    gunpowder

A RE3 mechanic that I never liked, I get what they were trying to do with it but I found it didn't add much to the game. I guess if it's in the game there must be a
    reloading tool
    somewhere, either one you carry with you or one you can use in predetermined locations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭Evade

A RE3 mechanic that I never liked, I get what they were trying to do with it but I found it didn't add much to the game.
    I liked the enhanced ammo part of the mechanic. It gave you a reason to keep using the standard pistol and shotgun instead of sticking with the superior ones you got for beating Nemesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Big Resi sale on PSN store for PS4 at the moment lasting 2 weeks.

Name - Euro:

Resi Revelations - 8
    Resi Revelations 2 season pass - 5

Revelations 1 & 2 bundle - 15

Resi 0 - 7
    Resi 1 - 7
    Origins bundle (0 & 1) - 10
    Code Veronica X - 7
    Resi 4 - 8

Resi 5 - 8
    Resi 6 (Yock!) - 8
    Triple Pack (4,5 & 6) - 18
    Umbrella Corps - 4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I almost bought Revelation 1 for 19.99 yesterday. I've made a profit from my indecision

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Big Resi sale on PSN store for PS4 at the moment lasting 2 weeks.

Name - Euro:

Resi Revelations - 8
    Resi Revelations 2 season pass - 5

Revelations 1 & 2 bundle - 15

Resi 0 - 7
    Resi 1 - 7
    Origins bundle (0 & 1) - 10
    Code Veronica X - 7
    Resi 4 - 8

Resi 5 - 8
    Resi 6 (Yock!) - 8
    Triple Pack (4,5 & 6) - 18
    Umbrella Corps - 4

I was going to buy them for the Switch, the Revelation titles, might just get them for the PS4 instead.

I don't claim to be great at math, but Is the Revelations bundle more expensive than getting them separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't claim to be great at math, but Is the Revelations bundle more expensive than getting them separately?

I don't know what way revelations 2 works between season pass and deluxe, doesn't make sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Resident Evil Revelations - €7.99
    Resident Evil Revelations 2: Deluxe - €8.99

so it's a couple euro cheaper

Ah didn't realise it was the Deluxe bundle.
    Though was just looking through and don't think it's worth getting the Deluxe version.

Deluxe version
    Story Content:
    • Episode 1
    • Episode 2
    • Episode 3
    • Episode 4
    • Extra Episode 1
    • Extra Episode 2
    • Costumes for all four main characters (Rodeo Claire, Urban Ninja Moira, Commandant Barry and Lottie Suit Natalia)

Raid Mode Content:
    • HUNK character
    • Wesker character
    • Throwback Map Pack
    • Album Storage A, B and C
    • Parts Storage A, B and C
    • Weapon Storage A, B and C

Season Pass (First Episode is free)
    ・Episode Two: March 4, 2015
    ・Episode Three: March 11, 2015
    ・Episode Four: March 18, 2015
    ・Extra Episode 1: March 18, 2015
    ・Extra Episode 2: March 18, 2015
    ・Raid Mode Character: HUNK: February 25, 2015

Plus the Free Compatibility Pack
     ・Claire's Rodeo Costume
     ・Barry's Commandant Costume
     ・Moira's Urban Ninja Costume
     ・Natalia's Lottie Suit Costume
     ・Raid Mode Character: HUNK
     ・Raid Mode Character: Albert Wesker
     ・Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack
    All you'd be missing are those Storage things for Raid mode

Apologies for keeping the thread off topic

The game will have a panel/presentation at SDCC.
    On the San Diego Comic-con official website, it’s been confirmed that Capcom will showcase Resident Evil 2 Remake on July 20th. During the panel, producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and other team members will detail how they are re-inventing the classic game and reveal a few surprises as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Skerries wrote: »
    collectors edition $199

Deluxe edition is $79 so the extra $120 goes towards an item box, a 12" statue of Leon and PDF artbook and blueprints of the RPD building?

@ Capcom

• Why would you want a statue of Leon at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Just more tatt, like those sh*te Funko POP yokes.

But saying that I'm definitely picking up the standard edition when it comes out.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Even the standard pre-order is overpriced, but hey, I got it anyway, because who needs money? :mad:

Haven't paid 70 squids for a game since... Forever, come to think of it. The last non-digital / full-price purchase I ever made from a store was RE4 funnily enough. Anyway, looking forward to this (even if RE2 isn't my favourite of the classics). I have faith Capcom will do their usual shhtick by pumping it full of bonus-game content. They kinda have to given how the whole HUNK intro and Tofu shindig went down back then. RE2-Remake mercenaries would be delish.

€70? Where you paying that for it and why? I preordered for €55 and that offer is still available on Smyths I think. Still pricy enough for a remaster but it looks to be a lot more than a spit and polish so I think it will be worth it. I'm really looking forward to it as never played it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Seriously cannot wait to play this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ProvableGrub

I’ve never played the first one (or any of them in fact) but would I need to play it before buying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I’ve never played the first one (or any of them in fact) but would I need to play it before buying this?

Not at all, but the nostalgia factor is a big draw for this game.

• Advertisement

There's a fantastic HD remake of the first one. You'd probably pick it up cheap enough now too. Worth playing even if it isn't necessary to play before this one.

Advertisement