Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Did you not get the Honda Zascar or am I missing something???? :o

Took me a bit to notice the stabilisers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Took me a bit to notice the stabilisers

Ahhh FFS! :rolleyes:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Seems legit. ...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I had to send my tcx boots back as they were too small for me. Packaged them up and went off to the post office. Nearly keeled over when they said it was going to be €30 to post back to uk as it is over 2gk. Was pissed but just thought fuk it, the hassle of going to try to find a cheaper quote, this is An Post after all - so I just paid it.

Then a few hours later a friend said "Why didn't you just use Parcel Motel - they send to the UK for dirt cheap". Can;t believe I did not think of that. Feel like a twat. Anyway just in case someone is in the same situation: http://www.parcelmotel.com/returns.html

The joys of online shopping...... never would have thought of using parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Went for a spin up the A44 autobahn today to check out a huge open mine there since the weather was fine, was nice to let the bike stretch her legs. Of course i had to see what she could do on an unlimited autobahn... was only able to take it up to 270 km/h but it think that's as fast as ill ever take her, pretty amazing feeling though. Here's a pic of the mine in the distance
    1960015_10203185833746294_1295218990_n.jpg?oh=84c27aa6c4c0b8a56e2785c8df0005cd&oe=53732FA2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭prunudo

Has anybody had any experience with barracuda screens. Thinking about trying out this one. I'm not mad on the aftermarket screens for the er6 but it seems the best of a bad bunch. Hopefully it will reduce the buffeting on open roads at higher speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Zascar wrote: »
    I had to send my tcx boots back as they were too small for me. Packaged them up and went off to the post office. Nearly keeled over when they said it was going to be €30 to post back to uk as it is over 2gk. Was pissed but just thought fuk it, the hassle of going to try to find a cheaper quote, this is An Post after all - so I just paid it.

Then a few hours later a friend said "Why didn't you just use Parcel Motel - they send to the UK for dirt cheap". Can;t believe I did not think of that. Feel like a twat. Anyway just in case someone is in the same situation: http://www.parcelmotel.com/returns.html

Thats **** man! I always went up a size with tcx as they are very narrow.

Replaced the fork seals last week with lookbehindyou, only to find today atfer the spin that one of them is leaking. The new seal I got did not look 100% but had no choice but to fit it over the older ones that were in sh1t.

Ordered new fork seals now and dust seal and will get a new bottle of fork oil tomorrow, another messy job this week....ffs!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Has anyone got a pair of those kevlar jeans? Thinking about getting them for the commute to work. It’s a pain changing into and out of my textiles and boots etc – especially when nice outside. Sometimes I just throw the leather jacket, helmet and gloves on – so much easier – but fek all protection below the belt.

I bid on a pair of RST's on ebay the other day, were going really cheap but I got outbid the last second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Had a nice commute to work this morning ( better than the last 3 months anyway). From Newlands X up to the M50 Dundrum exit was filtering along with 2 other bikers, nice to have a bit of company, the season is coming back :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

Has anyone got a pair of those kevlar jeans? Thinking about getting them for the commute to work. It’s a pain changing into and out of my textiles and boots etc – especially when nice outside. Sometimes I just throw the leather jacket, helmet and gloves on – so much easier – but fek all protection below the belt.

I bid on a pair of TCX’s on ebay the other day, were going really cheap but I got outbid the last second.

I bought a pair of Draggin' Jeans about five years ago and in the fine weather they are the dogs bits for spinning about. They were great quality. Only thing is I must have changed out of them somewhere last summer and left them behind because I haven't found them anywhere since. I bought a new pair from motomania in the uk before Christmas, because as soon as we get any decent weather again, they will be the trousers of choice on the bike, along with the new mesh jacket Mrs RR bought me for christmas..:)

BTW Aldi have them for sale next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

Also, if any one spots any good deals on summer type short boots, post it up here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ah no man, there was horror stories about the ones in Aldi and Lidl. They are not worth ****.

I agree with Goodlad....just coz they be sayin Kevlar, does not mean they are kevlar bitches. You really need to pays your money on them bad boys or you's in's big trouble yo! Like you be getting GOD N SH!T. :cool:

WORD!

(Sorry for all the smack talk to much breakin bad...lol)

Aldi kevlar jeans! Haha I think I'll pass. I like the RST ones, I'm sure they are worth the money. As above I may look out for some short boots too.

Speaking of clothing, anyone want to do this for halloween?

QB6I4MR.jpg

Aldi kevlar jeans! Haha I think I'll pass. I like the RST ones, I'm sure they are worth the money. As above I may look out for some short boots too.

Speaking of clothing, anyone want to do this for halloween?

QB6I4MR.jpg

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I'd say Tom had a pain in his hole selling his bike :)
    http://www.donedeal.co.uk/motorbikes-for-sale/gsxr-1000-mint-k7-k8/5832533

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just about got the angle right for the camera. Didn't realise the lens had some condensation built up which didn't react well to the sunlight. Jasus lads im rusty as fu*k on her. I took her for a 10 min spin a few weeks ago but it was last Oct since I was on the bike on a propper spin. I just hit these roundabouts today to shake off some cobwebs. Didn't help:p

I took the vid in 1080 60p. I saved it and then saved it through windows movie maker for youtube upload. Quality of the original is alot better than the youtube version but im still very happy with it. There is a wrist band remote control available for the camera but I couldn't be arsed paying the 150 euro for it. I can control it with my phone anyway.

Brought the bike down to GB Motorcycles in naas to get it checked over and see if there is anything needs doing. they owner spent about 15-20 minutes looking over the bike and advised me of a couple of things i could do in the next few months, mainly balance the throttle bodies and oil the brake & accelerator cables. he said there is nothing he would do to it now as it needs nothing so to drive it a few thousand km and drop it in for a service when its due and he will do the other bits too. he complemented the bike too saying its a great example of the sv.

Nice to meet a genuine guy who is not out to just take your money and is keen to give advice. I know where ill be sending the bike for any work it needs.

http://www.gbmotorcycles.ie/

• Advertisement

Joe,

I hope you are not coasting around them roundabouts, Mick will kick the arse of ya if you are. Positive throttle mate.......;)

Joe,

I hope you are not coasting around them roundabouts, Mick will kick the arse of ya if you are. Positive throttle mate.......;)

LOL, Dont show him. PLEASE:o

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Joe,

LMAO :D

Can't wait for the next meet up, the craic will be mighty!

Jaysus Joe gimme something to work with man....LMAO.

Give me rain over wind any day. Left for work at 3am this morning which was fine except for a small but of rain on the inside of my visor. Getting ready to leave work and I was thinking its such a nice day. No sooner when I hit open road the wind hit. On at least 3 occasions it felt like the front wheel was gonna get lifted or swept from underneath me:eek:. Thankfully im aware of the sections with strong crosswinds so I was prepared for this. Anyone else get buffered by the wind today or am I just a big girl:o

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Give me rain over wind any day. Left for work at 3am this morning which was fine except for a small but of rain on the inside of my visor. Getting ready to leave work and I was thinking its such a nice day. No sooner when I hit open road the wind hit. On at least 3 occasions it felt like the front wheel was gonna get lifted or swept from underneath me:eek:. Thankfully im aware of the sections with strong crosswinds so I was prepared for this. Anyone else get buffered by the wind today or am I just a big girl:o

Did you have the sail out today?

Stick a large bag of spuds in the back box Joe....that will sort ya out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I'd say Tom had a pain in his hole selling his bike :)
    http://www.donedeal.co.uk/motorbikes-for-sale/gsxr-1000-mint-k7-k8/5832533

I am now the proud owner of that bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

dunner515 wrote: »
    I am now the proud owner of that bike

Would you consider swapping for a CG, never couried?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Would you consider swapping for a CG, never couried?

Ye and about 6 grand on top of that :p

Advertisement