Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creation Watches & Customs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thanks Ryath,

That a big percentage whack to add on to the cost of the watch, but at least it's still considerably cheaper than buying the equivalent watch in Ireland.

I let ye know when it arrives.

Tnx,

TbL

Got an e mail confirming that the watch was delivered.

Haven't seen it yet as I had it delivered to work.

I put the company name on the address for my attention and it doesn't look I was hit for any additional vat/tax.

I'll confirm when I pick it up tomorrow or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Got an e mail confirming that the watch was delivered.

Haven't seen it yet as I had it delivered to work.

I put the company name on the address for my attention and it doesn't look I was hit for any additional vat/tax.

I'll confirm when I pick it up tomorrow or Monday.

You won't get the FedEx bill for about a week after.
    That's if it's gone through FedEx ?
    Creation will lower the price so for a $200 , expect to pay
    About €25. That's if they have lowered the value to about
    $65.

iggy wrote: »
    You won't get the FedEx bill for about a week after.
    That's if it's gone through FedEx ?
    Creation will lower the price so for a $200 , expect to pay
    About €25. That's if they have lowered the value to about
    $65.

Yes Iggy it went through FedEx.

Thanks

TbL

Still no sign of an additional bill from FedEx, got a Seiko solar at great value if the bill doesn't arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

usually fedex dont release anything until the duty is paid...now that you have the goods its possible you might get away with the bill...fingers crossed

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    usually fedex dont release anything until the duty is paid...now that you have the goods its possible you might get away with the bill...fingers crossed

Cheers Lex,

The Irish and UK high street price for this watch was crazy, if I don't get any duty bill I reckon I've saved €100

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Seems that customs etc have copped on to this and are pulling everything, here is details of one watch I purchased on the 7/1/15 from Creation watches using Express Priority shipping 2-4 days !!!!
    I also purchased one from jomashop on the same day and its in the same boat hasnt arrived yet.
    Monday, January 12, 2015 Location Time Piece
    14 Processed for clearance at DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 05:04
    1 Piece

13 Clearance event DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 05:04
    1 Piece

12 Arrived at Delivery Facility in DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 05:00
    1 Piece
    11 Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 04:02
    1 Piece
    Saturday, January 10, 2015 Location Time Piece
    10 Customs status updated DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 09:15
    9 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 06:17
    1 Piece
    8 Transferred through EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 06:16
    1 Piece
    7 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 03:02
    1 Piece
    Friday, January 09, 2015 Location Time Piece
    6 Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 23:09
    1 Piece
    5 Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 21:59
    1 Piece
    4 Departed Facility in SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 07:39
    1 Piece
    3 Processed at SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 06:25
    1 Piece
    Thursday, January 08, 2015 Location Time Piece
    2 Arrived at Sort Facility SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 21:14
    1 Piece
    1 Shipment picked up SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 17:59
    1 Piece

Ive been in touch with Dhl and they are waiting proof of purchase, I havent received an invoice from CW so it will be at least 3 more days before I get my order.!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

macadam wrote: »
    Ive been in touch with Dhl and they are waiting proof of purchase, I havent received an invoice from CW so it will be at least 3 more days before I get my order.!!!!

Did you not get an online confirmation or similar?

• Advertisement

blindsider wrote: »
    Did you not get an online confirmation or similar?
    Yes I got an Order Confirmation but its vague to say the least, Ive also emailed them 4 ties and never got an acknowledgement I wont be using them again.

Order Confirmation from CreationWatches.Com

C

Thanks for shopping with us today!
    The following are the details of your order.
    Order Number: 1
    Date Ordered: Wednesday 06 January, 2015

Products
    Order for: 1 x SK
    Shipping method: FedEx/UPS Express Shipping

Delivery Address

Louth
    Ireland

Both watches I purchased are stuck in customs, Creation watches are very difficult because of under declaring the item, this watch is now in Dublin since Saturday 10th, CW state that they have a 2-4 day delivery. Never again..

Jomashop also very difficult and poor delivery, watch stuck in Portlaoise awaiting clearance, purchased on 5/1/15 sitting in Portlaoise since last thrsday. Never ever again.

Am I just unlucky or is this run of the mill?

Jomashop delivery arrived €30.94 revenue tax and €7.00 handling from An Post.

Still waiting on the Creation watches delivery, could take another 3 days I'm told due to the item being under declared !!

Still waiting on the Creation watches delivery, could take another 3 days I'm told due to the item being under declared !!

Purchased two pieces from them in 2014, didn't have any issue but it did seem too good to be true. Was "afraid" for want of a better word to pull the trigger on a more expensive piece, no chance now it seems based on your experience.

Augeo wrote: »
    Purchased two pieces from them in 2014, didn't have any issue but it did seem too good to be true. Was "afraid" for want of a better word to pull the trigger on a more expensive piece, no chance now it seems based on your experience.

The prices are great but customs seem to be pulling everything coming from the Asia, I have just got confirmation of delivery customs charges for this was €20.13 which worked out cheaper than the An Post rate, still worked out €100 cheaper than local stores, this was my first time dealing with them, I would just be careful if you were buying it as a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

I'm just about to make a purchase with them; i'm assuming quality is ok foe the above posts and it's just customs etc that are the hassle?

I'm not belittling this, it's just that i can't get over their prices, so i thought something was up.

80s Child wrote: »
    I'm just about to make a purchase with them; i'm assuming quality is ok foe the above posts and it's just customs etc that are the hassle?

I'm not belittling this, it's just that i can't get over their prices, so i thought something was up.
    Cant fault the quality of what i got from Jomashop its just the delivery was 2-4 days it took 14 days with customs and the communication with Jomashop was very poor.
    Im expecting Creation watches delivery tomorrow, purchased on the 5th of Jan, communication extremely poor, plus they under declared the watch and customs seem to coping onto this, still way cheaper than high street prices.

Still waiting on CW delivery, DHL seem to be a complete Joke

To be honest, a few days of a delay wouldn't bother me too much if I knew that the quality was good as the prices are excellent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I bought a Seiko off them a couple of years ago. Quality was excellent. They sent it by FedEx so it was with me with in days and since FedEx pays customs and then bills you later means no delay.

I think the watch was €107 for the SNZG13 and €20 odd for customs. Still way cheaper.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    I bought a Seiko off them a couple of years ago. Quality was excellent. They sent it by FedEx so it was with me with in days and since FedEx pays customs and then bills you later means no delay.

I think the watch was €107 for the SNZG13 and €20 odd for customs. Still way cheaper.

Spot on. Now all i have to decide in is the watch!!

Looking at a number of Seiko dive watches at the min, the choice is killing me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I pulled the trigger yesterday on a Seiko JDM, expect to pay a fair amount in tax/vat when it gets here but sure can't be got any other way.

It's currently here:
    20sf2ac.png

(i.e. stuck in a manga from the looks of things :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Looks like it's in Professor Oak's laboratory. Let's hope team Rocket don't get their hands on it!

My creation watches, watch arrived today dhl rang yesterday saying there was a fee of €20-13 due, the watch was delivered to a second address and my daughter accepted it the delivery man never mentioned anything about a fee.

My creation watches, watch arrived today dhl rang yesterday saying there was a fee of €20-13 due, the watch was delivered to a second address and my daughter accepted it the delivery man never mentioned anything about a fee.

If it's anything like FedEx you'll get the bill in the post later.

mad muffin wrote: »
    If it's anything like FedEx you'll get the bill in the post later.[/QUOTE
    Doesnt mention Fedex or anything about a bill, strange they rang me the previous day to say that the customs fee etc was €20 odd and that the driver would have no change so correct amount must be ready . The driver just asked for my daughter and asked her to sign for the package!!!

Doesnt mention Fedex or anything about a bill, strange they rang me the previous day to say that the customs fee etc was €20 odd and that the driver would have no change so correct amount must be ready . The driver just asked for my daughter and asked her to sign for the package!!!

Sounds like a lucky break :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

No updates on my status for a few days there - weekend I guess - anyhow, it went to customs this morning and "released" this evening so hopefully that puts it on the road tomorrow?

I got a text today from Dhl to pay the customs bill, 22e i think. I changed the address also, so it'll arrive to work. I ordered on Thursday and she reckons i should have it tomorrow. I'm assuming this is fairly quick compared to the standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

I got a couple of watches last year from creation both around the 130 mark and both declared at 65 dollars odd. The customs for the 1st was a bit cheaper as dhl have introduced a minimum handling charge of 10 euro on top of the customs tax. The under declaration is a bit of a concern. What do customs do in that case? Do they look for proof of purchase and then tax u based on this instead of the declared value?

Advertisement