Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PP butchering lucky 15s

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Sure if you follow that logic then why bother betting at all as the over round cannot be beaten.

If you're getting value on the place part of an EW L15 then it is unquestionably a good bet with treble odds for one winner, the old adage of multi bets being exclusively for mugs is wrong.

I never said the over round couldnt be beaten. I was more replying to the previous punter who said that you are better off doing a Lucky 15 to a Win single or Each Way.

If you have little knowledge of something you are better off betting win only that is the point i was trying to make. I dont really think it is an unrealistic concept for people to grasp.

I have done Lucky 15s myself in the past i can see the interest that they can give people but it wouldnt be for me.

Maths isn't my strong point but that doesn't sound right to me.

Four of the bets are singles or 27% of the total stake in other words.

If there 20% margin on those singles then 21% of the total L15 stake is coming back, ie of 842 at least 180 on 842 staked. That's ignoring ALL the doubles, trebles and of course the four-fold (rare though it is!)

It's also ignoring double odds on one winner.

i don't think anyone would claim the L15 is professional punting, it's a bet for entertainment with a large potential return that you can dream about for an hour or so.

Jesus yes im not sure why i didnt even question that is it is all over the shop. Monday is my excuse. You are spot on. I make it 22% back on the singles on a re-calculation and a total total overround of 55% on the bet.

In any case the point i was trying to make was to the previous poster who claimed lucky 15s are a better bet than singles. Obviously there are times when you can get an overall edge on a multiple but it is as rare as hens teeth and if you are interested in making money then Single bets are the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Opened an account with bet 365. Did L15 , had 1 winner and only twice the odds. WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Opened an account with bet 365. Did L15 , had 1 winner and only twice the odds. WTF?

That’s what all online bookmakers do.
    I recommend bet victor as you get Best odds guaranteed on all multiples and lucky bets.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Bet365 still treble odds. By far the best online betting company.
    ?????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

?????:confused:

Must of followed suit and cut it to double odds. **** it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

The only on-line book doing treble odds on the L15 is Betfred AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »
    Just done a quick calculation the total over round for 120% markets in a lucky 15 is 742%.
    For anyone unfamiliar with bookmaking this means that if a bookies takes 842euro in lucky 15s they should expect to pay out 100.
    Obviously it is not an exact science but this is just talking the average market.

Not what i would consider value. But each to their own.

I don't think that is correct.

finbarrk wrote: »
    I don't think that is correct.

Yes sorry i corrected myself a few posts later. Pretty sure second calculation is correct.
    Was doing the first one in my head and made a mare of it. Will edit the post to avoid confusion.

**Actually not able to edit that post for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Any of ye use Betfred for luckys? They have maintained treble odds! Was thinking of setting up an account! I notice they don’t offer their new customer offer to Irish customers. What are there prices like? Any issues getting a €5 lucky 15 on etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pugw wrote: »
    Any of ye use Betfred for luckys? They have maintained treble odds! Was thinking of setting up an account! I notice they don’t offer their new customer offer to Irish customers. What are there prices like? Any issues getting a €5 lucky 15 on etc?

I use them and I haven't seen any restrictions on multiple bets. Largest one I've done is €4 lucky.

They're alright. The negatives would be that they're not exactly generous with specials and would be slower to go NRNB on races. They won't do the punters any favours essentially with things they don't have to do compared to Paddy Power. Another example of that is poor cash out offers. Another is slow to update books.

Positives is they're quick to process payments to your account. For example if make a withdrawal 9pm on a Friday the funds will be in your account Tuesday morning which I think is very good. That's really the only positive and main reason I back with them!

Multiples are definitely bets that don't seem to have much incentive anymore and I'm mad about them. I'll be reigning myself in anyway on the stakes I put down as it's just not worth it for your typical weekend fare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Yeah the bookies are full of the type of punters you mention above. The ones who can't see beyond the first 2 in the betting, backing 4/1 shots each way. They are the type of punter the bookie loves not the small L15 player who could and does some serious damage for small stakes. Only Saturday a Kerry punter scooped over 20K for a 30c L15 . No ones claiming they are easy to get up but most days a punter can break even with one winner in 4. No way the lad that's throwing hundreds on favs at short prices is.

The bolded part actually couldn't be further from the truth if you tried!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

Pogue eile wrote: »

somewhat true, the bookies don't give a hoot about the punter backing horses , only the virtual, bingo,roulette etc **** that has infested them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Made my biggest mistake ever with l15 on Saturday . Went into shop to do one where they were all in extra place races and when I got there I realised the Romain de Senam race was only 3 places in shop not 4 the same as online . First time I've seen that on a Saturday .

I should have just got them to lodge and the do it , but said f**k and just did it anyway .

Needless to say romain de senam finished 4th and I got €240 instead of c. €1400 .

Livid as I'm a stickler about value. Anyway more my mistake than paddy , but l15s in those extra places races are gold .

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Its all about opinions I have mine and you have yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Sickened Aidan. Do they even give double odds online !?

It is not really opinions. As a general bookies would rather take Lucky 15s all day than have people betting each way singles.
    Ask any of the big firms them Lucky 15s are music to their ears.

Obviously as has been pointed out there are exceptions but the general would be to push all those Lucky XX bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

But yours is wrong, I was merely pointing this out to you.

So the bookies were making that much on L15s that they decided to cut the bonus for 1 winner. Mind boggling.

Advertisement