Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Far Cry: New Dawn

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I don't think it's that bad tbh.

Do you not find it really slow starting when you get into a vehicle? it takes ages too speed up and get going?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Do you not find it really slow starting when you get into a vehicle? it takes ages too speed up and get going?

They could go a bit quicker, but it isin't a real huge issue for me.

I'm enjoying the game. Night skies are beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

it's so good looking does feel insanely like the previous game but i am enjoying it so far, pretty good considering i got it for like 24 euro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    They could go a bit quicker, but it isin't a real huge issue for me.

I'm enjoying the game. Night skies are beautiful.

I can't finish the rye mission because the plane is too slow :confused: I've watched some videos and it should be way faster :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't finish the rye mission because the plane is too slow :confused: I've watched some videos and it should be way faster :confused:

1 - do you have an elite controller who's buttons sensitivity can be adjusted? This can cause slow driving in games.

2 - are you on PS4? Try changing the drive button from R2 to R1, any difference?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    1 - do you have an elite controller who's buttons sensitivity can be adjusted? This can cause slow driving in games.

2 - are you on PS4? Try changing the drive button from R2 to R1, any difference?

I'm on ps4, I'll try that.

You legend , that sorted it, you saved me 60 quid as well as I was gonna get a new controller tomorrow :o.

Anyone wanna do the co op trophy?

You legend , that sorted it, you saved me 60 quid as well as I was gonna get a new controller tomorrow :o.

Anyone wanna do the co op trophy?

Which one was it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Friends playing this on PC are raving about the expeditions at endgame after you complete the average campaign.
    Yer man mac from worth a buy saying the same thing, its all about expeditions it seems.

• Advertisement

Which one was it?

Changed the driving from r2 too l2, instant difference in driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

really enjoying this TBH. Yes its similar but moves at a good pace and fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

some of the animals are bullet sponges though, little bit annoying !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

s8n wrote: »
    some of the animals are bullet sponges though, little bit annoying !!

Use a car.

I enjoy whacking the enemies with a shovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DarioFER

Is it worth 50 bucks, tho??

DarioFER wrote: »
    Is it worth 50 bucks, tho??

nah no way, it's good but not a full price game if your on pc you can get it for like 23-26 euro over at cd keys

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No not worth 50 but if you have a like minded buddy, its well worth 25 for coop fun.

The expeditions(Hard standalone Coop missions) are brilliant but there needs to be more of them a lot more of them, if more came i would think its worth it.

Also if you playing your buddies game and its the hostage mission, shoot the hostage :D

I'm really interested in it, looks a lot more fun than FC 5. I have Trials Rising 2 in the next couple of weeks and then Division 2 after that so I'm good for the time being, will wait for a sale on this. I was reading about their expeditions yesterday. 1x1 km maps outside the main map to do missions. One they spoke about was they Alcatraz. They recreated the prison island and then put their own take on what it would look like after a nuclear explosion. They said expeditions like this will be in locations across the world giving players a different taste than Hope County. Sounds like a nice touch.

Alcatraz. Last time I went there was in Watch_Dogs 2.

Anyway, I did two expiditions so far. One was in Florida and the other in Arizona. I was on top form for the Florida one, not so good on the Arizona one.

Finished this this morning, much better than 5 anyway, didn't overstay its welcome.

• Advertisement

Finished this this morning, much better than 5 anyway, didn't overstay its welcome.

You sped through it.

That anger management trophy can go **** itself! uninstalled the game in a fit of rage over it :mad:

that was a really really short story for a far cry game. But i enjoyed it felt more like a story dlc for the last game.

That anger management trophy can go **** itself! uninstalled the game in a fit of rage over it :mad:

Looks like someone could do with 'anger management' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

that's pretty funny, what do you have to do for the trophy?Playing a lot of battlefield v at the moment so getting killed by enemies I haven't seen has me very au fait with the rage quit mechanics. stomping down the stairs yelling f**k is not a good look for me

gimli2112 wrote: »
    that's pretty funny, what do you have to do for the trophy?Playing a lot of battlefield v at the moment so getting killed by enemies I haven't seen has me very au fait with the rage quit mechanics. stomping down the stairs yelling f**k is not a good look for me

Press r3 and you go into a kinda anger mode and you have too punch 10 fella's before the bar runs out, it runs out too fast and there are not enough enemies around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I had the same before. Just got it now after upgrading fist damage and Eden's Touch ten times each. Was really easy on Level 3 Signal Hill then.

Speaking of trophies, anyone that could help me boost the Co-op trophy?

Got it 1st time using this method. https://www.trueachievements.com/a267902/anger-management-achievement

So, this is going for 25 in Smyths, worth a bite? I see people are saying the story is short, how short we talking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So, this is going for 25 in Smyths, worth a bite? I see people are saying the story is short, how short we talking?

15-30 hours according to the internet, but that's probably not a bad thing. Couldn't finish 4 or 5.

Advertisement