Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creation Watches & Customs

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I ordered from them yesterday and chose the airmail option. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

I ordered from them yesterday and chose the airmail option. I'll let you know how I get on.

It seems to be 50% chance with the airmail option, none with dhl.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Watch cost €75 from creation watches and it ended up at €106 after taxes and charges from customs and DHL

Arrived this morning in post, no taxes:D

20190211-100357.jpgimage posting site

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

Arrived this morning in post, no taxes:D

20190211-100357.jpgimage posting site

Nice watch.
    2 weeks delivery by post is ok.
    Was the watch boxed or in a padded envelope?

• Advertisement

I opted for the unboxed option. It arrived in a nice suade type pouch in a well padded envelope with the addition of a generic self assembly box.

20190211-113441.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Satta Massagana

So I ordered a watch from the US.
    DHL tracking said the watch arrived in Ireland on 12th Feb. I got another tracking number for An post. It shows that it then arrived in the Dublin 12 mail centre and then was sent back to customs, where it is now still.
    Is this normal does anyone know?
    I've ordered watches from the states before and haven't seen this.

• So I ordered a watch from the US.
    DHL tracking said the watch arrived in Ireland on 12th Feb. I got another tracking number for An post. It shows that it then arrived in the Dublin 12 mail centre and then was sent back to customs, where it is now still.
    Is this normal does anyone know?
    I've ordered watches from the states before and haven't seen this.
    If tracking shows its in customs then in it's customs. Not much more to say.

They can be slow to process, it might start moving again after a few days. Or you might get a letter in the post asking for proof of value.

You can always contact customs and ask what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I had a package get sent their a good while back and i got a phone call asking for a receipt as they wanted the value, emailed them a receipt, was advised of the fees and pait on delivery. This was about 4 years ago so may have changed.
    Better than when a post man turns up wanting 12.73 euros but doenst have change as is an ancient irish custom to not use common sense when its not deemed necessary.

Thanks for the reply, Im just dissapointed because I thought I'd have it delivered by today. Its going to be next week now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Thanks for the reply, Im just dissapointed because I thought I'd have it delivered by today. Its going to be next week now :(

Oh and an post will charge you €10 or €12 (can’t remember exactly) for the privilege of collecting the taxes from you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mad muffin wrote: »
    Oh and an post will charge you €10 or €12 (can’t remember exactly) for the privilege of collecting the taxes from you. :rolleyes:
    Is there a way of paying yourself? Or is it not worth your while? I'd imagine if you ordered stuff a lot the admin fee would become annoying.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is there a way of paying yourself? Or is it not worth your while? I'd imagine if you ordered stuff a lot the admin fee would become annoying.

Not that I know of. Usually an post or the courier collect the tax and charge you an admin fee.

Admin fee is a load of balls isn't it, when you've already paid for delivery.
    I'll have to take a trip to the states soon with a wishlist :)

Admin fee is a load of balls isn't it, when you've already paid for delivery.
    I'll have to take a trip to the states soon with a wishlist :)

Also don’t forget that the delivery cost is also calculated into the tax.

Advertisement