Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ordered wheels online, 2 were damaged by courier - company won't replace

Options
  • 14-02-2019 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hey

looking for some advice on issue I have. I ordered 4 van wheels from a .ie website. The wheels were delivered in 2 packages by courier. 1 package was fine but the other was badly damaged and taped back together, using tape with the courier logo on it. The wheels inside were heavily scraped.

I didn't sign for the delivery, the courier had my phone number but never called. They were delivered to my office block where several companies work and I'm assuming someone else signed for it. I only got the packages as I saw them in the foyer when I was leaving work.

I sent the wheel company on photos of the damaged box and damaged wheels. They got back to me and said -
    "According to the proofs of delivery, you signed for both packages, thus confirming that the goods were in good condition."

Trying to figure out what my next steps here are? I've already told them I didn't sign for the delivery and that I want to see the proof of delivery as my signature won't be on it . They're ignoring this. I'm willing to give them some time to resolve this but I have a feeling that they'll just keep repeating that I signed for it, despite the fact that I didn't.

I paid by credit card, can I do a charge back on half the order? Has anyone experience of doing this before before? I've looked at AIBs charge back criteria and I think it would fall under
    - Quality, where the cardholder disputes the sale for reasons of quality

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

<SNIP>

Yep tell the company to either sort out or chargeback will be initiated. Note there is a good possibility you will have to send the wheels back and prove delivery before AIB will chargeback the monies.

There should really be a clause in the chargeback process to allow for courier costs to return the items when its obviously the companies issue.

Companies issue as they had contract with courier service not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

Yep tell the company to either sort out or chargeback will be initiated. Note there is a good possibility you will have to send the wheels back and prove delivery before AIB will chargeback the monies.

Cheers for that. It seems funny I might have to prove delivery to AIB for the chargeback when the company can't prove delivery to me in the first place!

I'll give them a few days to send me on the couriers 'proof of delivery' before I go any further

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

If you didn’t sign for them then your not responsible, the wheel supplier needs to follow this up with the courier company, you paid for 4 new wheels and didn’t receive them. I’d just send them back via a reputable courier and do a charge back. I’m a courier and most of the goods we carry are covered for peanuts which is probably why the supplier isn’t chasing the courier for damages

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

@how.gareth - Makes sense but I'm hoping to find a way where I don't have to pay to send the wheels back. The're pretty heavy wheels and won't be cheap to courier. The company has opened a complaint for me where they say the're going to check the delivery proof and get back to me.

Advertisement