Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long shot

• 09-01-2019 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is allowed here so if not can mods delete it.

by any chance does anyone have a copy of "fundamentals of thermal-fluid sciences 5th edition in SI units"

im in first year mechanical engineering and need the book for energy systems. the cheapest copy i can find is 60 euro. im hoping someone here has a copy sitting on a shelf getting dusty and wants to get rid of it for a small fee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

Not sure if you're near Dublin but Chapters on parnell Street could be worth a try.

Does your college library have a copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Dónal wrote: »
    Does your college library have a copy?

They do but not that many and high demand. Plus the book will last the full 4 years I'm told

If the book will last for the full course then maybe €60 might not be that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

MRJ wrote: »
    If the book will last for the full course then maybe €60 might not be that expensive.

it might not be expensive to some people but to a mature student who has a family it is a lot of money.

as the title says it was a long shot so no harm in asking

• Advertisement

tommyboy26 wrote:
    it might not be expensive to some people but to a mature student who has a family it is a lot of money.

I'm in this situation, so I do understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭okatied

There are used copies of the 'International Edition' (which I'm thinking would be SI) on albris.co.uk for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Sent you a PM which should be of some help.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

No discussions of sharing of copy written material. Closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement