Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Graphic Novels

• 08-02-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

So after a while away from comics I have found a new love for them in the form of graphic novels like
    Transmetropolitan and the boys.
    Any recommendations of some new Graphic Novels I should check out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Scalped by Jason Aaron is really good from vertigo. Y the last man is another one.
    What are you into? superhero? Image/vertigo type stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The Wake by Scott Snyder and Sean Gordon Murphy is a great horror sci-film book.

Saga is pretty much essential reading at the moment too.

I would say I enjoyed the first half of the wake much more then the second but still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Excellent series I'm reading or have read are -
    Scalped
    Sweet tooth
    Lazarus
    Deadly class
    Southern bastards
    Criminal
    Velvet
    East of west
    Injection

Ah there's so many , expensive hobbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

'Here' by Richard McGuire is well worth a look, but it's a shame that more effort wasn't put into giving the storyline more depth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭ Achilles Ambitious Wedding

Of what was mentioned, Injection is good, and is by Warren Ellis, who wrote Transmetropolitan.
    The Wake was good too; if it’s what I think it was; don’t remember it too well.
    Scalped is good but I don’t think it’s as good as everyone seems to say.

Stuff that wasn’t already mentioned... Tokyo Ghost was brilliant; art also by Murphy (Remender story)
    Crossed +100 (by Moore, not Ennis), Necronomicon.
    Red Rover Charlie, which is pretty much Crossed with dog protagonists.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Chew is a fun series.
    Locke & Key was good as well.
    And I second Saga.

I second chew

Finished Nailbiter from Image. I loved the premise. A small town is a home to the some of America's worst serial killers. But the Book is very camp and silly. I would like a more serious tone to it. It's by Joshua Williamson. I read some of his Flash and that wasn't great either.

I also finished Unwritten by Mike Carey. Again a great premise of a living breathing world of fiction bleeding into ours. It kept it up for almost the whole run but I think it fell down at the end and not sure about the ending. But overall good and side book was excellent.

I thought Graphic Science was excellent. It's more a graphic anthology of biographies of scientists than a graphic novel though.

Started My Favourite Thing is Monsters. Great art and very promising overall

• Advertisement
Advertisement