Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Riot really teasing us with rotating game mode, URF won't be here until next friday....Legend of the Poro King this week and its sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Riot really teasing us with rotating game mode, URF won't be here until next friday....Legend of the Poro King this week and its sucks.

Was actually enjoying ascension this time around, didn't realise it would be so short lived 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Was actually enjoying ascension this time around, didn't realise it would be so short lived 😭

It'll be back :)

**** Swain

**** Malzahar

**** Ekko and Lucian too (not being racist they are just op right now)

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

So what is better Overwatch or League of Legends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Doodleking wrote: »

Doesn't matter, Paragon is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doodleking wrote: »

I've not played LOL since Overwatch came out, and I don't miss it...at all :eek:

My poor Taliyah has been gutted like a fish :( She can't clear a wave without covering her whole lane in worked ****ing ground :mad:, meanwhile champs like Velkoz and Viktor wave clear with ease.

Yeah i know dead forum, but i needed somewhere to vent

Tried a jungle game with her and although i got ahead early i found it hard to close out the game. Her mana cost on E is so high she tends to struggle with mana. It was a normal game so i was playing with alot of lower ranked players, so that could be half the reason i couldn't close out the game. With a full build she still struggles to clear waves without the use of her E. I'm so sad. Im quitting league

So this years Worlds seems to be the most exciting one since its inception. China and Korea being beatable by not just EU and NA but WildCard teams. And from the looks of it EU has showed up to play for Week 2. Exciting stuff

So this years Worlds seems to be the most exciting one since its inception and nobody (on here atleast) is talking about it. China and Korea being beatable by not just EU and NA but WildCard teams. And from the looks of it EU has showed up to play for Week 2. Exciting stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭rgfuller

The late night shows are not amenable to sleep, but what I have seen is good, but not epic... Yet, some good steals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Silver Sol

So lads, who's looking forward to the new Talon rework? I sure bloody am. In the year I've been playing League I went from mid (Started LoL playing Talon as my first champ) to ADC, so returning to mid to play my first ever champ again after so long will be something to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Silver Sol wrote: »
    So lads, who's looking forward to the new Talon rework? I sure bloody am. In the year I've been playing League I went from mid (Started LoL playing Talon as my first champ) to ADC, so returning to mid to play my first ever champ again after so long will be something to look forward to.

Talon has always been a favourite of mine. I too went to ADC role after getting bored of him.

Rework should be fun!

Shame this thread, and the Irish community seems to have died down a lot in the last few months.

We have a small group on TS, but always looking to add people. (Range from Bronze to gold players)
    No rage, just chill and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So this years Worlds seems to be the most exciting one since its inception and nobody (on here atleast) is talking about it. China and Korea being beatable by not just EU and NA but WildCard teams. And from the looks of it EU has showed up to play for Week 2. Exciting stuff

I think the Koreans maybe gave them a game to let everyone think there was hope.
    3 of the 4 semi-finalists...Koreans,
    Both finalists....Koreans,

So a Korean winner for the 4th years in a row, 2nd year for an All-Korean final.

I have a feeling it will change next year, due to the popularity of Overwatch.
    For the first time in 4 years LOL is no longer the most popular/player game here in Korea, Overwatch is king atm.

**** Cho'gath.

Deman applied to be an NA caster for League and Riot turned him down :eek:

I really miss him and Miller casting on EU. I just don't enjoy watching league as much.

There were rumours of having 5 bans for each team which I would like because the diversity of champion is shocking. The assassin patch hasn't changed things hugely.

I mean in 2 weeks the meta will be

Top: Nautlius/Poppy/Moakai/Gnar
    Mid: Orianna/Viktor/Casseopeia/Syndra
    ADC: Jhin/Ezreal/Ashe
    Support: Zyra, Thresh (new shield mastery op)/Tahm
    Jungle: Lee/Rek'Sai/Khazix

I really hope I'm wrong and the teams come out with amazing new picks and surprise us all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Anyone else sick and tired of people calling 'supp' EXCEPT they actually have no intention of playing supp and build full AP, etc, WITH no sightstone in sight. I am sick of it, people downplaying the role of support AND the importance of wards. Maybe I should start playing ranked, might see this less often...

*rant over*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

jaxxx wrote: »
    Anyone else sick and tired of people calling 'supp' EXCEPT they actually have no intention of playing supp and build full AP, etc, WITH no sightstone in sight. I am sick of it, people downplaying the role of support AND the importance of wards. Maybe I should start playing ranked, might see this less often...

*rant over*

I quickly stopped playing blind pick after I got into the game. It's a ****show. Full of "Mid or feed" types. Ranked is only slightly better as everyone will get autofilled to support at times, which means seeing a lot of full ap elementalist lux's ksing and feeding with a healthy dose of flaming on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Blind is a total **** show, People simply lock in what they want to play. I know this because its what I do. Its what blind pick is for.

If you want a properly structured game go play Ranked or Normal Draft.

I need to practice Teemo...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Korvanica wrote:
    I need to practice Teemo...

Don't autolock Teemo top if we don't have a tank. Please. It happens far too often!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I stopped playing this altogether...

Takes up waaaaay too much of my time :pac:

Every god fist Lee Sin I have feeds..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

4 games today (normal). Each time a Kayn jungler. Each time they fed like poop, couldn't gank a snail, and cried whenever someone asked them to actually do something as opposed to constantly going off solo-ing and dying... One of them actually finished 0/21/1... That 1 assist really helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

If you finish 0/21/1 you are inting. There's no way a functioning human could be that bad. If you have brain and finger it's impossible to be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

jaxxx wrote: »
    4 games today (normal). Each time a Kayn jungler. Each time they fed like poop, couldn't gank a snail, and cried whenever someone asked them to actually do something as opposed to constantly going off solo-ing and dying... One of them actually finished 0/21/1... That 1 assist really helped.

Probably because people aren't playing Kayn correctly and are trying to gank constantly early game with him. He's super weak lv3 ganks.

Kayn is an excellent counter jungler and invading and deep vision is what his early game should revolve around. This is because he's scales so well into mid/late game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

How are peoples end of season climbs going ?

Managed to get into silver myself and leaving it at that. Don't have the time to go for gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ProSeman2016

Hey! I'm new to ranked play and was wondering if anyone plays here and wants to make a team to play! My name is ProSemaj2016 and if you want add me on Snapchat spud.james to send me a message to play when ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Watched the documentary on Netflix about this and looks like fun - downloaded it on my mac to play - will take me a while....do you need a high spec machine to play this properly? Any good tips for an absolute beginner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 buzzard223

Watched the documentary on Netflix about this and looks like fun - downloaded it on my mac to play - will take me a while....do you need a high spec machine to play this properly? Any good tips for an absolute beginner?

The game will run just fine on mac. It's got a steep enough learning curve but you will have fun along the way and be placed with players of equal skill and such. If you want to learn a bit more about it I suggest watching the worlds semi finals this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, they start at 11am. Just search league of legend world championships and it will be available on youtube and twitch. Have fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Cyril706

Last post in 2019. Anyone still playing this game?

Advertisement