Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

newbie south dublin

• 09-05-2017 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Would love to try this out south dublin...not exactly a young lad....was goood at darts one time and need another outlet besides golf,,,,willing to travel...thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Don't know what there are like but their is an Archery club in Dundrum. They are based in Naomh Olaf GAA Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Don't know what there are like but their is an Archery club in Dundrum. They are based in Naomh Olaf GAA Club.

Did the beginner course with them and really enjoyed it. Instructors are friendly and enthusiastic.

I was lucky in that I was in a pretty small group - 2 adults, 2 kids. So there was some time taken up with the kids, but after a couple of weeks once it looked like I had a handle on things, I was just left shooting at the target at the same time as the regulars who show up (though my target was much closer :D)

I don't have anything to compare it to, but I enjoyed the course.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Check out the timetable on the Ashbourne archers Website that shows what different clubs shoot at and perhaps take the time to visit or give them a shout on FB.

Many Clubs run 'have a go' nights as well as beginners courses.

http://ashbournearchers.com/index.php/leinster-archery-clubs-training-timetable/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Another option, Wicklow Archers based in the Greystones area. Target and field club.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement