Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo Sport PS4

• 20-03-2017 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭

With the closed beta out last weekend it's about time we had a thread on this. I had low expectations for it when they spent a lot of time revealing the photo mode and also because the last 2 had terrible sound.

But from watching gameplay videos i have to say it sounds much improved and it's almost photo realistic in the replays, it visually looks more realistic than any other Sim I've seen thanks to the superb job they have done with the lighting and shading.

No word yet on how the physics and handling are from any reputable and well known youtubers or journalists.

But it certainly looks more promising than it did when it was first revealed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Wow, that really s photorealistic. I think it's the Marshals at track side doing stuff that really sells the photorealism for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Seen someone on my friends list playing a beta of this just now. Anyone know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 A_Brick

The beta has been available now in europe for a week or so. Think its open to everyone now
    Plays well, the best thing for me is the track undulations. Best described as comparing the older gt games as a 2D feeling, now you have full 3D. The green hell is great and terrifiying at the same time.
    Looks amazing.
    Only negatives I can think of:
    The Sportmanship Rating. I've been in a few online races, if at the front and clear its a cake walk. But in traffic its hard not having some kid ram you causing a spin. Then your SR goes down. Hopefully the opponent matching will be better for the full game. Currently its matched by your driver skill, but this is improved by grinding out races. So will have to see how this goes, I don't fully understand yet.
    The Force feedback on my g29 seems low, can skip over kerbs and barely notice. Probably will be improved for final game.
    Also ping is very low, but its a beta.
    In all great so far!

It's not on the PS Store anywhere. I signed up for it last week, didn't get any word yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 A_Brick

Yeah you should recieve an email from them. I got mine on the 13/04 
    It won't be visable in the store. Clearly not open to everyone yet then! 
    Dont worry worth the wait. Good few vids up on youtube of US people playing, apparently its copyrighted to stream it here in eu. 
    Only 3 tracks available at a time, qualifiying until race opens usually 17:00, 18:00 and 19:00. With 3 races at each track. 
    Currently no global ranking for your time, other than the 10 ten leaderboard. Starting with 3 random cars, able to unlock one more a day. 
    No arcade mode, it got removed during the US beta

• Advertisement

Sweet. Completely missed GTA 6 so I'm all over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

The Inside Sim Racing lad got to try it at e3 with the new Thrustmaster T-GT wheel and even played the VR mode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Shame the ffb wasnt turned up on that wheel, would like to hear more about it.

Looking at that vid i could see quite a bit of input lag, as in wheel inputs were delayed onscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

Dcully wrote: »
    Shame the ffb wasnt turned up on that wheel, would like to hear more about it.

Looking at that vid i could see quite a bit of input lag, as in wheel inputs were delayed onscreen.

I doubt its input lag, just the PSVR "Social Screen" lagging behind. What you see on the headset is real time but it then has to stream it to the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

No career mode offline, poor map and car selection. Anyone buying it?

• Advertisement

Where's the source of poor map and car selection? No offline makes no difference in 2017. I doubt many are playing PS4 games with no internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Where's the source of poor map and car selection? No offline makes no difference in 2017. I doubt many are playing PS4 games with no internet.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-car-list/

GT5 had over 1000 cars...

Not really, 80% were PSP cars/ Standard cars with no details. It's about the same amount if they are back in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

GT is getting some good reviews but I hear it's practically useless unless you're online.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-17-gran-turismo-sport-review

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Yeah saw that as well. I'll always be online so no big concern for me. Game's arriving to mines on Thursday in the post. Can't wait! Deffo need to set up a boards racing league once people have gotten the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Any thoughts, anybody pick this up?

Yeah, loving it so far. Not much buzz around it here though. Controls really nice unlike PCars 2.

Yeah, loving it so far. Not much buzz around it here though. Controls really nice unlike PCars 2.

Still battling my way through Project Cars 2 at the moment. I reckon I will grab this once I finish the careers

Played mostly the online stuff on GT Sport so far. Loving it. The sportsmanship rating is a bit of a balls though. Mines has decreased and I'm very clean. If you start a race in the midfield you'll always get people bumping/getting in your way being over aggressive and at times it's hard to avoid hitting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Pre ordered the digital download. My review of it so far is a little complicated.
    First up, it's a superb driving game. I have a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, which turns out is not compatible with PS4. But there's a bit of gadgetry that apparently makes it work, waiting for that to arrive. Can't wait to play it with a wheel.
    So, a superb driving game with what it has.
    I am disappointed with the lack of a decent career mode, and the severely cut amount of tracks, 17 in GT Sport, over 40 in GT 6. So many good tracks gone. Monza and Le Mans tracks were 2 favourites of mine, amongst others.
    That said, there's a good bit of customisation available in offline arcade mode, as I've just discovered. You can set course, amount of laps, AI difficulty, car damage severity, etc and a load of other things in offline races. I've had a few pints, so not much point in going ultra difficult right now!
    As a driving game it's brilliant, let down by a career mode that could be better, but there's enough to get my teeth into before I get my wheel working and go online. Hopefully more tracks and cars get added with DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Why is it so focused on MP? I haven’t been following the development of the game but why is SP so limited and why so few tracks?

Anyone got GT Sport and Project Cars 2? Would be interested in how they compare. I know from what I've read that PC 2 has much more tracks, and cars, and a more immersive career mode.
    How does it compare with a wheel and in the heat of a race? Realistic handling etc?
    Thinking of getting it at some stage, maybe it'll turn up as a 12 deals of Christmas deal on Playstation Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Colinoh

A couple of updates with new cars and tracks and a lot of single player content coming in.
    Not as much as previous games but it's getting there.
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/22/gran-turismo-sport-incoming-updates-add-new-cars-offline-play-gt-league-more/

Just fired up the old PS3 to have a go at Gran Turismo 6 with a steering wheel (the Logitech GT Force wheel is not supported on PS4, and I'm fooked if I'm forking out €400 on a new wheel)
    I miss the shed load of tracks missing from GT sport, Monza and Circuit De La Sarthe particularly, off the top of my head. Felt good to race on them, even after about an hour of game download updates :D

The thing is though, it's not GT7, it's GT Sport
    It's purely an online racing game.
    It really doesn't have the same amount of cars and tracks and I do miss the grind but it's nice racing against other people rather than a ****ty AI that can't drive.

Colinoh wrote: »
    The thing is though, it's not GT7, it's GT Sport
    It's purely an online racing game.
    It really doesn't have the same amount of cars and tracks and I do miss the grind but it's nice racing against other people rather than a ****ty AI that can't drive.

New update will have single player stuff, liking the online though.

New update will have single player stuff, liking the online though.

Yup. I'm looking forward to that. They have some of the old leagues like FF, FR and clubman races.

I think the only reason they are doing that is because of the backlash it recieved when people realised it was a different game. A little like the Forza series on xbox. Forza Horizon, an open world driving game like NFS, was a completely different direction, but they still made Forza 7

• Registered Users Posts: 29,956 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

more info on latest update, must go download it

hope the updates keep coming, not really into the online stuff, so good to see single player content added

https://www.videogamer.com/news/gran-turismo-sport-gets-its-singleplayer-gt-league-mode-twelve-new-cars-in-latest-update

• Advertisement

The latest patch brought a few cars and the Ferrari F40 is a hard car to drive before upgrading.

Advertisement