Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-10-2020, 12:27   #1
81r2

Kids balance bike Free delivery+ €10 off for new customers

Spotted this offer of a kids balance bike. https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod161502

Free delivery on orders over €50; bike is priced at €51.49 so thats fine.
New customers get a €10 discount. FYI you must log in and register before the site accepts the discount code. Code will not work if you don't register and sign in.
So bike comes in at €41.... and free delivery for new customers. ( Or just new email address I imagine)

Bike was recommended by friends for it's durability, strength but importantly it's light weight aluminum frame. For when the kids down tools and you have to lug it over your shoulder home. I received mine, via Fastway (it got lost for a week). The bike is solid but light.
One note about the wheels, they are a hardish rubber. They have a bit of give in them, this wouldn't bother me. I'm sure they are fine. They'll last a lifetime. It's for Xmas so haven't given it out for testing.
Advertisement
20-10-2020, 12:55   #2
mcgovern

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81r2 View Post
Spotted this offer of a kids balance bike. https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod161502

Free delivery on orders over €50; bike is priced at €51.49 so thats fine.
New customers get a €10 discount. FYI you must log in and register before the site accepts the discount code. Code will not work if you don't register and sign in.
So bike comes in at €41.... and free delivery for new customers. ( Or just new email address I imagine)

Bike was recommended by friends for it's durability, strength but importantly it's light weight aluminum frame. For when the kids down tools and you have to lug it over your shoulder home. I received mine, via Fastway (it got lost for a week). The bike is solid but light.
One note about the wheels, they are a hardish rubber. They have a bit of give in them, this wouldn't bother me. I'm sure they are fine. They'll last a lifetime. It's for Xmas so haven't given it out for testing.
Any idea what age these are suitable for? Looking for one for a 2 year old but these look a little big.
20-10-2020, 13:08   #3
81r2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgovern View Post
Any idea what age these are suitable for? Looking for one for a 2 year old but these look a little big.
Think I read it was suitable for 2-6 year olds, and also in the reviews on the website. Following delivery, I'd agree with this.

Edit: saddle is adjustable
Thanks from:
20-10-2020, 13:48   #4
JimmyAlfonso

Thanks OP, another xmas purchase ticked off.

Reading some of the Q&A's on the product they say it is suitable for a child up to 100cm, above this and they'd grow out of it quickly enough. It's obviously adjustable so it sounds like you'll get away with a little bit beyond this but I suspect 2-3 (4 at a push) would be the age range.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion