Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-10-2020, 08:16   #46
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav010 View Post
It appears the EA got the valuation spot on, or is very good at bending people to their will to bid the asking price.
Yeah maybe, it's a very fine house but expensive for the location

Each individual can only go so far, well done to the winners
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 08:51   #47
Dav010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
Yeah maybe, it's a very fine house but expensive for the location

Each individual can only go so far, well done to the winners
Assuming the sale completes, the house sold for asking price, no maybe about the EAs valuation.
16-10-2020, 09:30   #48
brisan

Quote:
unfortunately the agent got a bid of 370 k today so thats it gone , all that remains is for conformation that finance is forthcoming on monday

i offered to help out myself but could only stretch to 350 k and not like 350 k cash is as good as 370k through a bank , a bid of 330 k was submitted three days ago by my mother herself directily but a new party emerged today and bid after one viewing , dublin buyers ( obviously see value )

bidder blew my mothers bid out of the water by 40 k so obviously meant business

best of luck to them , think its extremely expensive for the part of the country its in but each to their own

interesting that not a single bid was on the property since march , good sign for the market
All depends on weather you believe the EA about the new bidders
16-10-2020, 09:51   #49
Dav010

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisan View Post
I’m struggling to see the benefit to the EA of lying to the op, it seems obvious to us, and no doubt the EA, that the op is not going to meet the AP. Brisan, when you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras.
16-10-2020, 09:55   #50
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav010 View Post
Assuming the sale completes, the house sold for asking price, no maybe about the EAs valuation.
i love people who like to put too fine a point on things

well done to the top bidder again

Last edited by Mad_maxx; 16-10-2020 at 09:59.
Advertisement
16-10-2020, 09:57   #51
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisan View Post
i dont think that is the case for one second ( that the EA invented a bid )

if it doesnt work out , im willing to pitch in myself and bring the cash bid to 350 k , thats extremely unlikely to be the case however so a case of looking for another house

my mother already has a house in Dublin 9 anyway ( Beaumont ) which one of her daughters lives in , she might just buy another house close to this or perhaps another one will come on the market where she recently sold
16-10-2020, 12:50   #52
vintagecosmos

Not to be too scenical, well ok I will be. A buddy of mine last year put in a low ball offer. I think around 400 for something that was prices at 485k or there abouts. Estate agent said no way he already had 2 offers at 450K. So that was the end of it for my bud.

Then 3 weeks later EA calls and asks if the offer of 400 was firm...

Im sure this is a rare occasion, but just pointing out, that stranger things have happened. So you never know....
Thanks from:
18-10-2020, 17:05   #53
silver2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecosmos View Post
Not to be too scenical, well ok I will be. A buddy of mine last year put in a low ball offer. I think around 400 for something that was prices at 485k or there abouts. Estate agent said no way he already had 2 offers at 450K. So that was the end of it for my bud.

Then 3 weeks later EA calls and asks if the offer of 400 was firm...

Im sure this is a rare occasion, but just pointing out, that stranger things have happened. So you never know....
I'd be very sceptical of believing stories like these. Many people including friends and even family like to regale others on some bargain, or how they won something.

Very rarely is it true and any decent agent would have reduced the price online first to see if there were takers.

The only exception is a receiver sale and the receiver wanting a quick cash sale because there are issues with title. But they normally go to auction

So I'd be very sceptical of what your buddy is saying - you can check how truthful he was by checking property price register
18-10-2020, 22:06   #54
vintagecosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver2020 View Post
I'd be very sceptical of believing stories like these. Many people including friends and even family like to regale others on some bargain, or how they won something.

Very rarely is it true and any decent agent would have reduced the price online first to see if there were takers.

The only exception is a receiver sale and the receiver wanting a quick cash sale because there are issues with title. But they normally go to auction

So I'd be very sceptical of what your buddy is saying - you can check how truthful he was by checking property price register
I can confirm its true. He said no in the end. House sold for less than asking after a while more.on the market. I know what you are saying though. Another buddy said they got a place for nothing as they were so savvy with negotiation. Turns out they didn't know about the PPR and just made a tit of themselves
Advertisement
24-10-2020, 10:27   #55
Mad_maxx

so my mother ended up the winning bid on the house

365 k including contents

the 370 k bidders needed another three weeks to provide mortgage approval , vendor asked if my mother would pay 365k and we said Yes if contents were included

one of my sisters decided to chip in as well so a good conclusion as while other houses available , none so convenient in so many different ways for a person over seventy

Last edited by Mad_maxx; 24-10-2020 at 10:34.
(2) thanks from:
24-10-2020, 13:42   #56
Claw Hammer

Quote:
s

the 370 k bidders needed another three weeks to provide mortgage approval ,
How do you know that?
Thanks from:
24-10-2020, 14:48   #57
vintagecosmos

Quote:
so my mother ended up the winning bid on the house

365 k including contents

the 370 k bidders needed another three weeks to provide mortgage approval , vendor asked if my mother would pay 365k and we said Yes if contents were included

one of my sisters decided to chip in as well so a good conclusion as while other houses available , none so convenient in so many different ways for a person over seventy
Fair play. All the best ðŸ‘
Thanks from:
24-10-2020, 16:22   #58
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw Hammer View Post
How do you know that?
thats what EA said
25-10-2020, 15:29   #59
Mad_maxx

had a surveyor carry out an inspection on the house which my mother is trying to buy yesterday

a few breaches which are relatively easy to put right but one which is not

the floor to ceiling heights upstairs are only 2350 mm where as the minimum height to meet regulations is 2400 mm

my mother is a cash buyer so not an issue , however , if a buyer were a mortgage purchaser , would a breach like this prevent mortgage approval by a lender ?

its about future resale considerations
26-10-2020, 18:25   #60
whatever76

Quote:
had a surveyor carry out an inspection on the house which my mother is trying to buy yesterday

a few breaches which are relatively easy to put right but one which is not

the floor to ceiling heights upstairs are only 2350 mm where as the minimum height to meet regulations is 2400 mm

my mother is a cash buyer so not an issue , however , if a buyer were a mortgage purchaser , would a breach like this prevent mortgage approval by a lender ?

its about future resale considerations
Yep - Id think about this one carefully. I backed away from a house last year with same issue of compliance - Engineer would not have signed off ; and as you say further down line if you ever wanted to sell again - same issue would pop again .
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion