Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-06-2020, 20:58   #16
randommviewss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav010 View Post
I’ve read it, it’s kinda hard to follow. I’m trying to see if the op has actually served written notice of termination to anyone. The RTB allows for an Agent to act on the LLs behalf, the op has their details and should really have just sent the notice to them.
LL is contact point as per lease.

Last edited by randommviewss; 04-06-2020 at 09:58.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-06-2020, 21:26   #17
randommviewss

Quote:
Fair point, that could have been included in your op.

Did you ask the Agent if they would accept written notice on LLs behalf?

Just in relation to the last point in your op, did the mould cause you pain and suffering?
They informed LL after my email with notice. LL confirmed and allowed issuance of a reference letter. Thus, this should be fine.

LL kept on playing carrot and stick as delay tactics simply to get over June COVID restrictions.

Last edited by randommviewss; 04-06-2020 at 09:58.
03-06-2020, 21:49   #18
randommviewss

Quote:
No disrespect, but it’s kinda hard to follow your posts. If you haven’t given written notice, then your notice is not valid. I do appreciate that you have been messed around, but if the agent acts for the LL and they can accept notice, you could have just sent it to them. Did you actually ask them if they could accept it on the LLs behalf?

I’m not a lawyer, you will know more about this than me obviously, but to seek damages, don’t you have to show that your pain and suffering was caused by the LL?

The forum for tenancy disputes is the RTB rather than the Law Courts.
I know it is a messed up post. Apologies. Agent had informed his office is closed due to COVID 19 and so not sure where I would have served notice.

Point is they are annoyed over why I discarded rent reduction. What they missed is - They cannot offer, change it and when we refuse then offer it again.

Apartment is in prime Dublin location and can be let in 2-3 days. We also got house in 2 days and lost few apartments to others in 2-3 days.

Who offers Rent discount in a location with a big mall in Dublin South, at rent of one bed apartment.

Last edited by randommviewss; 04-06-2020 at 10:00.
03-06-2020, 21:51   #19
randommviewss

Quote:
No disrespect, but it’s kinda hard to follow your posts. If you haven’t given written notice, then your notice is not valid. I do appreciate that you have been messed around, but if the agent acts for the LL and they can accept notice, you could have just sent it to them. Did you actually ask them if they could accept it on the LLs behalf?

I’m not a lawyer, you will know more about this than me obviously, but to seek damages, don’t you have to show that your pain and suffering was caused by the LL?

The forum for tenancy disputes is the RTB rather than the Law Courts.
Fair Point. Ignore any such thoughts :-)

Last edited by randommviewss; 04-06-2020 at 10:00.
03-06-2020, 23:21   #20
TSQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by randommviewss View Post
Fair Point. Law court for changing terms of a verbal agreement to cause harassment and loss to other party.

Also, selectively playing delay tactics with an intent to deceive.
My head is in a spin reading your various posts. If you are thinking of going to court with this, I really suggest you dont represent yourself.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-06-2020, 23:36   #21
10pennymixup

Quote:
Originally Posted by randommviewss View Post
Fair Point. Law court for changing terms of a verbal agreement to cause harassment and loss to other party.

Also, selectively playing delay tactics with an intent to deceive.
You're over analyzing this and are too close to the fire. One of the first lessons you should have learnt is "A person who represents himself at trial has a fool for a client".

You have emails to the LL's agent that you're giving the required notice.

Leave at the appropriate time and if you LL acts the maggot, you have the RTB.
Thanks from:
04-06-2020, 09:49   #22
randommviewss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10pennymixup View Post
You're over analyzing this and are too close to the fire. One of the first lessons you should have learnt is "A person who represents himself at trial has a fool for a client".

You have emails to the LL's agent that you're giving the required notice.

Leave at the appropriate time and if you LL acts the maggot, you have the RTB.
Agree. No point doing all this. I rest it all here.

Damn, I messed up big time in terms of writing skills or lack of it in this instance. lol

Sorry for un organized post.
04-06-2020, 10:01   #23
randommviewss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQ View Post
My head is in a spin reading your various posts. If you are thinking of going to court with this, I really suggest you dont represent yourself.
My head was spinning, when I had written these. I can now relate your feeling. Thanks for being honest :-).

Damn, I was not thinking straight. Appreciate all folks here.
08-06-2020, 16:32   #24
mel123

Just wondering to those in the know, you dont have to give your tenant your address do you? I never got any address from any LL i rented from. The RTB says 'contact details' on the website, doesnt specifically mention address. I wouldnt be comfortable as a LL giving out my personal address.
Advertisement
08-06-2020, 20:10   #25
randommviewss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel123 View Post
Just wondering to those in the know, you dont have to give your tenant your address do you? I never got any address from any LL i rented from. The RTB says 'contact details' on the website, doesnt specifically mention address. I wouldnt be comfortable as a LL giving out my personal address.
You can share your house as he pays rent, but not own address. RTB web-sites puts an obligation on LL for sharing his address.

Do dig in more. RTB did say LL was in breach of his obligation.

FYI - I am a landlord in back home, tenant knows even where I work forget about my home address.
29-10-2020, 12:01   #26
pandaa

Quote:
The LL does not have to provide their contact details if there is an agent acting on their behalf.

See Landlord Responsibilities:

https://onestopshop.rtb.ie/beginning...ponsibilities/
What if the lease terms says notice to be served to person in certain clause where name of LL is only mentioned?
29-10-2020, 12:27   #27
Claw Hammer

Quote:
I’ve read it, it’s kinda hard to follow. I’m trying to see if the op has actually served written notice of termination to anyone. The RTB allows for an Agent to act on the LLs behalf, the op has their details and should really have just sent the notice to them.
It often happens that an agent only arranges the initial letting on behalf of the landlord and does not take part any further in the management of the property.
29-10-2020, 12:49   #28
pandaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw Hammer View Post
It often happens that an agent only arranges the initial letting on behalf of the landlord and does not take part any further in the management of the property.
I would agree. OP had asked agency for who is responsible and they gave LL address.

In above case as I could read, LL did not share his address to avoid COVID relet possible loss. Difficult to let during COVID and offered less rent and took it back later. Shame
29-10-2020, 12:51   #29
Claw Hammer

The o/p is entitled to contact details for his landlord. He coulkd have served the notice at the rented property and just left. Nothing the LL could have done.
29-10-2020, 12:58   #30
Dav010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw Hammer View Post
If I remember correctly (op has been edited) the EA was dealing with the op in relation to rent review on behalf of the LL and that they did pass on op’s notice to the LL, which was acknowledged, but the op still wanted the LLs address.

Last edited by Dav010; 29-10-2020 at 18:57.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion