Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-07-2017, 22:02   #46
BBMcQ

I saw the new posters went up today at the front of the site and checked out the website. I can't believe that 1175sqft 3 bed (terraced?) houses are "from" €470k. An extra bedroom costs €90k!!? The location has a lot of potential but the area doesn't even really have a secondary school and Ballyogan is on your door step... I'm trying not to knock the area, I'm moreso in disbelief at the prices. I really hope the area gets developed tastefully and responsibly to match the prices.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-07-2017, 22:05   #47
awec
Category Moderator

Yea they look to be terraced, at least the ones currently built are. It looks like they are building some semis too, I wonder if there'll be a mix of 3 story terrace 3 beds and 3 bed semis.
26-07-2017, 11:14   #48
Nika Bolokov

They look absolutely awful and are packed together.

There also more expensive than houses in the Gallops across the way which are brick built and have front and back gardens.

It will be interesting to see if they sell out quickly.
26-07-2017, 11:50   #49
awec
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika Bolokov View Post
They look absolutely awful and are packed together.

There also more expensive than houses in the Gallops across the way which are brick built and have front and back gardens.

It will be interesting to see if they sell out quickly.
They will definitely sell out quickly, they are right beside the green Luas line.
26-07-2017, 12:18   #50
markpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
They will definitely sell out quickly, they are right beside the green Luas line.
They will definitely sell out quickly, they are houses in Dublin.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-07-2017, 13:49   #51
ionapaul

Are the two story terraces (small terraces of 4 houses each I would guess) also made up of 3beds? I live very close (up the road towards Sandyford) and drive past a lot. Always assumed the two story houses were 3beds and the three story ones were 4beds, surprised that they are 3beds also.

Although such a large development will probably end up adversely impacting the price of nearby houses in the long run, I'm glad to see the empty fields right beside a green line Luas stop being developed. Should be far enough away from the rougher parts of Ballyogan as well.

The eventual plan is a road from the set of lights (going 'up' the road) at The Gallops Luas stop going through to Stepaside Village, with Clay Farm on the left hand side and Elmfield/Kilgobbin Wood in the right hand side as you turn onto the road from the main Ballyogan Road. Will make getting up to that village so much easier than at present.
26-07-2017, 13:53   #52
awec
Category Moderator

I dunno if the 3 story are 3 or 4 beds, I was just guessing when I said 3 beds.

If I was after a 4 bed house I am not sure I'd find a terrace house all that appealing tbh.
26-07-2017, 18:40   #53
Nika Bolokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
I'd say your right.

I thought the big 3 story ones at the front were the four beds from watching them being assembled but who knows.
26-07-2017, 21:31   #54

The 3 storey ones at the front are 4 beds according to the planning file on DLRCOCOs website. If you view documents in plan ref. D15A/0247 and look at the 'planning application' file or drawing files you can see a layout of the whole site. There may have been some minor amendments since then, when the developer was looking for compliance.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-07-2017, 22:52   #55
BBMcQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika Bolokov View Post
In fairness the houses in Glencairn or Glenbourne are smaller square footage and worse energy ratings. The Irish obsession with brick built is a bit out of date at this stage. 4 bed semi-d in Glencairn with approx 1500sqft and mod cons will be over 600k no bother.
27-07-2017, 00:12   #56
zom

Quote:
Developer Michael Cotter has become the first house builder to avail of the Government's heavily-anticipated introduction of a temporary 'fast-track' planning application system for large-scale housing schemes.Viscount Securities, a company owned and controlled by Mr Cotter and his family, has submitted a pre-application proposal to An Bord Pleanala for a total of 934 new homes at Clay Farm in Leopardstown in south county Dublin.

http://www.independent.ie/business/d...-35947845.html

picture from few days ago:
05-08-2017, 13:04   #57
Giblet

This is an awful development. It looks hideous, with the houses at the front being an eye sore, right onto the Ballyogan road. I really hope they aren't the 4 beds, laughable.
05-08-2017, 14:11   #58
ionapaul

The smaller two-story terraces look really nice from the road IMHO - agree that the three-story terrace at the front lets the development down. Would love to know the pricing specifics; am guessing the smaller three-beds are about the 95 sq metre mark, with the three story houses more like 130 sq metre or so? Wonder if the prices will be comparable to homes in Glencairn and Kilgobbin Wood, or even higher?
06-08-2017, 22:52   #59
zom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
Would love to know the pricing specifics
http://www.clayfarm.ie/

Agree these are eyesore but we are in the housing crisis and everything can go, so nobody (architects including) care
07-08-2017, 12:32   #60
Nika Bolokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
The smaller two-story terraces look really nice from the road IMHO - agree that the three-story terrace at the front lets the development down. Would love to know the pricing specifics; am guessing the smaller three-beds are about the 95 sq metre mark, with the three story houses more like 130 sq metre or so? Wonder if the prices will be comparable to homes in Glencairn and Kilgobbin Wood, or even higher?
In my view they are higher, In Glencairn you have an old fashioned landscaped development with open spaces , front gardens, maybe a garage and paths outside the houses , whilst the BER in clay farm is probably better your packed in tight and as in a lot of these developments when kids start to buy cars in years to come you'll be left with an almighty mess with no where to park. 445 for a three bed semi in Glencairn , little smaller but with more outside space which is very valuable v 470+ for one of these which are packed in.

That Luas stop across from the front of it will be overloaded in the morning when the 1000 or whatever homes are all finished never mind the 15000 coming on stream further down the track in Cherrywood and getting on to the M50 or down to Sandyford using Murphystown Road will he an absolute mess.

Certainly a lot to consider before you splash out 600k on one of those things at the front

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion