Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halal Meat vs Non- Halal Meat

• 30-10-2015 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Many Vegans/ Vegetarians adopt such lifestyles due to the harmful bodily effects of certain (and processed) meats.

However, since halal meat is technically supposed to be drained of a lot of blood and hence contains less harmful substance (? assuming this is the case), would vegans/ vegetarians be more or less as healthy eating halal meats on a primarily plant based diet( of course in moderation) as opposed to being totally veg?

Any experts on this matter on boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

IWJ wrote: »
    would vegans/ vegetarians be more or less as healthy eating halal meats

Why would a vegan or a vegetarian want to eat meat regardless of how the animal is killed?

Btw I'm neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

would vegans/ vegetarians be more or less as healthy eating halal meats on a primarily plant based diet( of course in moderation) as opposed to being totally veg?
    You do understand the concept behind vegetarians and vegans, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Many Vegans/ Vegetarians adopt such lifestyles due to the harmful bodily effects of certain (and processed) meats.
    What is that based on? your own personal opinion?
    the_syco wrote: »

I thought vegetarians and vegans were not consumers of meat & animal products, respectively. They choose that path for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭IWJ

Why would a vegan or a vegetarian want to eat meat regardless of how the animal is killed?

Btw I'm neither.

What I meant was, would those that once adopted complete vegetarian/ vegan lifestyles solely for health reasons remain more or less as healthy if they decided to keep eating a plant- based diet with the addition of halal meat once in a while. This being based on the assumption that halal meat is much safer since the blood is drained.
    the_syco wrote: »

Please see above.
    What is that based on? your own personal opinion?

I thought vegetarians and vegans were not consumers of meat & animal products, respectively. They choose that path for many reasons.

Well, many people do turn veg. for health reasons only. This is pretty much known, if that's what you're asking.

However, if you're asking whether or not certain types of meat are harmful- just look at the recent statements by the WHO.

Is it just me or do people not find this correlation startling. Check out the maps in the first post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057512568

Smoking isn't technically prohibited in Islam ( and even if it is, I do not know of a single Muslim country where tobacco products are illegal). Moreover, although alcohol is prohibited in Islam, a drinking culture is pretty common underground in Muslim countries. This only really leaves the question of whether eating halal meat correlates to the low cancer rates in Muslim countries.

All the above only applies if the maps and rates are of course correct and accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'm sorry OP but the very question of Vegetarians being more accepting of halal meat that has less blood just doesn't make sense. Not only for the purposes of this forum as your question is to vegetarians but just in general.
    I would have moved this thread to the Vegetarian and Vegan forum but I can only guess it would have resulted in possible mod actions there. If you want to ask the mods there can you pose your question then do so, but suggest you don't just blindly start a similar thread without checking first.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement