Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-10-2020, 20:41   #3256
Dankarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesepuffs View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know what it means by
‘We have received a request from your solicitors for the cheque to be issued’

We is it issued from and what’s the time frame. Solicitors said requested on the 09/10.

No sign of it

CP

We are in similar situation.
Anyone any help ?
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 21:00   #3257
KH1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoise6 View Post
Which council you applying to? Good luck - I was just told flat out I can’t use HTB.. but I’m learning each council just makes it up as they go along..
Definitely follow up about it! The only thing I could think of is the HTB is only on new builds so unless its a 2nd hand property you shouldn't have had any problems! Very frustrating
Thanks from:
28-10-2020, 21:26   #3258
Salanky

Contracts signed by the seller last Thursday, cheque being issued by the council tomorrow with the seller wanting to close on the 2nd of November. My solicitor is off now until the 2nd so thats not gonna happen. I'm hoping the cheque will be cleared by next week and I will be able to close by Friday.
28-10-2020, 22:52   #3259
jessimirish

Hi all, question about the Covid wage subsidy. My employer was on the covid subsidy, but hasn't been for my last 2 payslips (I'm paid monthly). However, at the time I submitted my application, all my payslips showed the subsidy. The last 2 without the subsidy have come in since my application was sent off.

My employment circumstances haven't changed - I've been employed the whole way through the pandemic and my job is secure, but I'm worried now they will decline me because of this.

Anyone got experience with this?
28-10-2020, 23:17   #3260
Lauren52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessimirish View Post
Hi all, question about the Covid wage subsidy. My employer was on the covid subsidy, but hasn't been for my last 2 payslips (I'm paid monthly). However, at the time I submitted my application, all my payslips showed the subsidy. The last 2 without the subsidy have come in since my application was sent off.

My employment circumstances haven't changed - I've been employed the whole way through the pandemic and my job is secure, but I'm worried now they will decline me because of this.

Anyone got experience with this?

Hi,

Contact them and get an email You can send to in order to add them.

I had to send payslips via email to prove I was off the subsidy.

Best of luck.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 23:19   #3261
Lauren52

Quote:
Which council you applying to? Good luck - I was just told flat out I can’t use HTB.. but I’m learning each council just makes it up as they go along..
Kildare.

Who told You You cant use it? We will be using it, just not for the 10 %
28-10-2020, 23:20   #3262
Lauren52

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1591 View Post
Definitely follow up about it! The only thing I could think of is the HTB is only on new builds so unless its a 2nd hand property you shouldn't have had any problems! Very frustrating
I agree that should be the only reason You couldnt use it

Good Luck with Appeal
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 12:04   #3263
laoise6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren52 View Post
Kildare.

Who told You You cant use it? We will be using it, just not for the 10 %
I think that’s the loop hole - if you need it for the deposit they’ll block you from using it, but they'll let you use it to reduce the mortgage you need ?

It doesn’t make any sense to me - I’ve appealed anyway.. so fingers crossed.
29-10-2020, 12:59   #3264
Lauren52

Quote:
I think that’s the loop hole - if you need it for the deposit they’ll block you from using it, but they'll let you use it to reduce the mortgage you need ?

Best Of Luck
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2020, 13:00   #3265
Lauren52

Hi , me again !
Does anyone know how is the MPI is calculated ? I have searched online and cant find anything? Trying to get ahead of myself incase of appeal
TIA
29-10-2020, 13:23   #3266
KH1591

Quote:

I was speaking with Rebuilding Ireland and they said you can use the HTB for up to 70% of your deposit so that shouldn't have been the issue unless property was second hand!
Best of luck with the appeal!
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2020, 23:19   #3267
navan21

Has anyone gotten this loan for a self build recently? Finding it so difficult to find experiences from anyone who has! Thanks
30-10-2020, 10:30   #3268
Jafin

Send a message via Skype™ to Jafin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren52 View Post
Hi , me again !
Does anyone know how is the MPI is calculated ? I have searched online and cant find anything? Trying to get ahead of myself incase of appeal
TIA
It's 0.55% of the outstanding balance on your mortgage and then divide it by 12 to get your monthly payment. It gets reduced accordingly every year since the amount you owe is less.

As a side note, when you get some of your documentation after getting AIP it gives a breakdown of exactly how much you'll pay every month for the first year and then how much you'll pay in total for every year after that (assuming you take the full amount they're offering you), which you can then divide by 12 yourself to get the monthly payments.

Last edited by Jafin; 30-10-2020 at 10:34. Reason: Edited to make it clearer what the monthly payments are.
Thanks from:
30-10-2020, 13:53   #3269
phobia2011

Can someone confirm what solicitor fees are excluded when usin the tenant purchase scheme, ?
Thanks in advance
30-10-2020, 21:45   #3270
Juca161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafin View Post
Welp. Sent in my structural survey last week to the council and they just got back to me with four things that have to be done and they won't issue the mortgage unless they are done. Now I'm a complete idiot when it comes to these things. There are things in there that they are saying don't comply with building regulations. The property was built in 1996 and the building regulations they are talking about came into effect between 1997 and 1999. Can I dispute the recommendations or anything since the property was built before the regulations came into play? The things they are saying I have to do are things I would have done down the line anyway, but they won't issue the mortgage unless they are done prior to occupation.
Sorry to hear this. Do you mind me asking what things they are asking you to do? I'm waiting a structural report and I'm nervous after reading this. 😔

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion