Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-10-2020, 21:00   #3691
busylady

The purchasers' solicitor has to prepare their list of closing requirements, draft the purchase deed and draft the letter returning the contracts which may include special conditions - there is some time involved in dealing with this paperwork after the contracts have been signed. They may also be waiting for the deposit funds to arrive into their account - it is not unusual for the process to take at at least a few days. Also many staff may still be working remotely which does slow the process up a bit.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-10-2020, 21:58   #3692
cubatahavana

Quote:
Originally Posted by busylady View Post
The purchasers' solicitor has to prepare their list of closing requirements, draft the purchase deed and draft the letter returning the contracts which may include special conditions - there is some time involved in dealing with this paperwork after the contracts have been signed. They may also be waiting for the deposit funds to arrive into their account - it is not unusual for the process to take at at least a few days. Also many staff may still be working remotely which does slow the process up a bit.
Thanks for this. Makes a little bit of sense. Most of the paperwork could’ve been ready by the time they sign though
28-10-2020, 12:45   #3693
Draco
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
Just gone sale agreed on my apartment at 2% under asking and sale agreed on a house at 6% under asking - both in D7.

The apartment was up for a week whereas the house has been up since January/February. The house is a little challenging in that it needs full refurbishment but there was still a bit of interest in it.

Now for the long slog through all the paperwork.
Finally signing for both tomorrow. It's been a painful process with huge delays caused by the bank waiting for responses from them. Everyone is highly strung and stressed.
28-10-2020, 13:08   #3694
Bluefoam

Quote:
Finally signing for both tomorrow. It's been a painful process with huge delays caused by the bank waiting for responses from them. Everyone is highly strung and stressed.
Congratulations!
28-10-2020, 13:35   #3695
cubatahavana

Quote:
Congrats, hopefully I’ll be able to say something similar in a couple of days. Still awaiting the return of the contracts from my purchasers
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 16:32   #3696
squareboy007

Probate Query

We have sold our house on 15th September and are living with the in laws at the moment.

The contracts are signed on the house we are buying but it is currently going through Probate in Dublin.

The Probate was originally submitted on 6th July and resubmitted following queries on 4th September. The originally indicated timeline was 4-6 weeks and a request for it to be expedited has been submitted.

I am finding it impossible to figure out current processing times. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance
28-10-2020, 17:44   #3697
cnocbui

I doubn't anyone could shed a light on probate processing times who doesn't work there. I have a probate submission outstanding since June. My son applied for an Irish passport over a year ago and has heard nothing. He tried to ask for an update a few days ago via their chat function and had the window open for 5 hours waiting to get through, the last two hours of that as first in the queue, before he gave up and disconnected.
28-10-2020, 18:12   #3698
Bubbaclaus

Some of the banks cashback offers are expiring 31 December, what do people think are the chances of them being retained?

Wouldn't surprise me if they do away with it and reduce rates instead to compete with the Avant headline rates.
Thanks from:
28-10-2020, 20:10   #3699
cubatahavana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaclaus View Post
Some of the banks cashback offers are expiring 31 December, what do people think are the chances of them being retained?

Wouldn't surprise me if they do away with it and reduce rates instead to compete with the Avant headline rates.
I’d say they’ll continue
Advertisement
29-10-2020, 09:42   #3700
enrique66_35

Quote:

My BOI advisor said the offer with them (2% on drawdown, 1% after 5 years) is going to be extended to June 2021. They'll keep rolling it over as long as its getting them business.
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 09:58   #3701
Leozord

Quote:
I was afraid that could happen to me as well... fortunately my drawdown should come in the next two weeks

by the way, for those applying for a mortgage with BOI, it might be worth opening a mortgage saver account. It gives tou 2K euro if you use the money you put in there
29-10-2020, 10:13   #3702
Starlord_01

Buying Assistance

Myself and my girlfriend viewed a property 3 weeks ago tomorrow, put an offer in at the viewing as we both thought it was a great fit. Small bidding war against another party which went on for 4 days, they pulled out leaving us the highest bidders, what we consider a fair price for the property. EA went to the vendor with the bid, and recommended they accept but they asked for more time to mull over it, that was fine with us thinking it would've been 2 or 3 days.

Fast forward 2 weeks and vendor hasn't accepted nor rejected our bid but now wants another viewing this week. EA told us there has been very little interest since our final bid has gone in and the few parties who are planning on viewing think our bid is a little bit out of budget for them.

What do we do
29-10-2020, 10:21   #3703
mimimcmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlord_01 View Post
Buying Assistance

Myself and my girlfriend viewed a property 3 weeks ago tomorrow, put an offer in at the viewing as we both thought it was a great fit. Small bidding war against another party which went on for 4 days, they pulled out leaving us the highest bidders, what we consider a fair price for the property. EA went to the vendor with the bid, and recommended they accept but they asked for more time to mull over it, that was fine with us thinking it would've been 2 or 3 days.

Fast forward 2 weeks and vendor hasn't accepted nor rejected our bid but now wants another viewing this week. EA told us there has been very little interest since our final bid has gone in and the few parties who are planning on viewing think our bid is a little bit out of budget for them.

What do we do
I think the only thing you can do is wait it out, if it's the right house for you it will work out
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 10:58   #3704
whatever76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlord_01 View Post
Buying Assistance

What do we do
Sellers delaying for some reason - be it getting better price or something else that they sorting in background . I had same scenario and just got tired of waiting as was v patient and just said offer on table till X and if not interested just walk away , EA wasn't chasing me to try and seal deal - hew was being cryptic to me so I just got fed up with it all as felt more going on in background. up to you though on how much you want house and if you want to risk this. The house I looked at eventually sold nearly a yar after I walked away - few grand less than my offer too . I since bought and much happier with my location so it worked out but when you in moment in time its so hard to know what to do ! Best of luck !!
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 12:27   #3705
Starlord_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimcmc View Post
I think the only thing you can do is wait it out, if it's the right house for you it will work out
Fingers crossed! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever76 View Post
Sellers delaying for some reason - be it getting better price or something else that they sorting in background . I had same scenario and just got tired of waiting as was v patient and just said offer on table till X and if not interested just walk away , EA wasn't chasing me to try and seal deal - hew was being cryptic to me so I just got fed up with it all as felt more going on in background. up to you though on how much you want house and if you want to risk this. The house I looked at eventually sold nearly a yar after I walked away - few grand less than my offer too . I since bought and much happier with my location so it worked out but when you in moment in time its so hard to know what to do ! Best of luck !!
Hopefully it does, ticks all our boxes. Thanks.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion