Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-01-2012, 08:56   #1
mjquinno

Baileys Court, Baileys Row

Hi,

Went to look at an apartment last night there. Nice apartment but the area wasnt great. anyone any feedback on the area , i dont really know that side of the city.

There also seems to be loads of apartments available there - is that a sign?
Advertisement
17-01-2012, 10:33   #2
John Mason
Hosted Moderator

HMod: PFJ
what area ?

what city?
17-01-2012, 10:48   #3
mjquinno

summerhill area dublin 2
17-01-2012, 11:53   #4
Ray Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjquinno View Post
summerhill area dublin 2
Don't live there it is one of the worst areas in the city and not safe during the day let alone at night.
17-01-2012, 12:01   #5
redz11

I've no personal experience, but I was recently looking at that complex myself - there seems to be loads of apartments available there on Daft these days, and at a decent price.

However I did a bit of research online, and the area seems very bad. I'm not snobby at all about where I live, but, from what I'm heard, there's a very decent chance that you could be mugged on a regular basis in and around this complex. That sounds like scaremongering - sorry. But it's just what I've heard and read about the place.

I've decided to avoid it myself anyways.
Advertisement
17-01-2012, 15:36   #6
the_syco
IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjquinno View Post
summerhill area dublin 2
One of the roughest parts of Dublin.

Lots of apartments means that anyone who isn't local isn't going to stay there.
17-01-2012, 15:39   #7
tmc86

I actually looked at those apartments last August when looking for a new place.

I was told that it was a bad area and hence the rent is cheaper. There is a methodrone clinic up the road and the area in general is a bit sketchy.

We ended up moving into the IFSC which wasn't much dearer and is a much better location.

Even around Connolly and Talbot street it can be dodgy enough - day and night
19-07-2012, 22:16   #8
DonnaCost

Area review

I know this thread was posted months ago but I moved into these apartments last Oct. Im not from the area or Dublin for the matter of fact and never had any problems in the 9 months i lived there. The area is quiet enough. Shops very near. minutes away from city centre and public transport. There has only been one problem about the apartment which is the noise of ambulance going pass as mater hospital just up the road. Never judge a place by its cover. I was also told to avoid the area but as a student i couldnt afford to live anywhere else and im glad i chose this place.
22-08-2012, 12:25   #9
jambalap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaCost View Post
I know this thread was posted months ago but I moved into these apartments last Oct. Im not from the area or Dublin for the matter of fact and never had any problems in the 9 months i lived there. The area is quiet enough. Shops very near. minutes away from city centre and public transport. There has only been one problem about the apartment which is the noise of ambulance going pass as mater hospital just up the road. Never judge a place by its cover. I was also told to avoid the area but as a student i couldnt afford to live anywhere else and im glad i chose this place.
How much you are paying rent for the accommodation is it 1 bed flat
Advertisement
21-01-2015, 14:17   #10
AGPC

Baileys Court

Reading the above comments about the area being bad and dangerous is ridiculous. I have lived in the area since I was 9 years old and am now currently living in Bailey's Court apartments. They are gorgeous, spacious clean apartments and are within 10mins walk to the shops and pubs and restaraunts. A lot of people above are judging these apartments from what they HEAR. Small minded people. Stuck up if you ask me.

Anyways, up the Dublin 1 !!
21-01-2015, 15:14   #11
Taylor365

Let 'er rip boys! Dig her up!

People who live in an area most they're lives will never have much trouble buying in the same area - they know everyone already!
21-01-2015, 15:18   #12
AGPC

I actually don't know many at all as I have kept to myself over the years.. The people around the area, I find, generally say "alright" to you and never ONCE have I experienced any trouble or MUGGING...
29-10-2020, 12:03   #13
asazzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPC View Post
Reading the above comments about the area being bad and dangerous is ridiculous. I have lived in the area since I was 9 years old and am now currently living in Bailey's Court apartments. They are gorgeous, spacious clean apartments and are within 10mins walk to the shops and pubs and restaraunts. A lot of people above are judging these apartments from what they HEAR. Small minded people. Stuck up if you ask me.

Anyways, up the Dublin 1 !!

Hi APGC, I know this is an old thread but wanted to get in touch as my partner and I are about to move into an apartment in Baileys Court and wanted to ask what you thought of the place? After googling online I'm a bit nervous cause there are a few bad reviews of the area but was nice to see your positive feedback on the area. Are you still living there and feel the same way about the place? Would be grateful for any tips.
Thanks very much!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion