Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-08-2020, 17:28   #1
CaoinDory

House plans

Hi guys.

I'm wondering what's the average cost for an architect to draw up house plans for a basic 3 bed house?

Tia.
Advertisement
28-10-2020, 15:18   #2
Hereford202

Hello! did you get plans drawn up or any quotes? Looking to get plans for a 3/4 bedroom basic bungalow too.
TIA!
29-10-2020, 23:34   #3
Buzwaldo

Not sure nowadays who can or can’t call themselves an architect. I’m sure it would be quite expensive to get an architect with full degree in architecture to do a one off design, but an engineer or architectural technician would be less so.
I came across a book by this guy a few years ago - basically a book with many different house designs. If one suited your needs, you bought the full set of plans etc off him, but more reasonable than a bespoke design. Not sure how much they cost (or how long ago it was - May be a bit dated) as in the end we didn’t use him. But it seemed like a good idea to me
http://www.mkelly.ie/the-practice/about
30-10-2020, 09:00   #4
10pennymixup

Anyone remember "Bungalow Bliss"?
Thanks from:
05-11-2020, 18:07   #5
brisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10pennymixup View Post
Anyone remember "Bungalow Bliss"?
Blamed for bungalow blight all across the country
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-11-2020, 19:55   #6
Gumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzwaldo View Post
Not sure nowadays who can or can’t call themselves an architect. I’m sure it would be quite expensive to get an architect with full degree in architecture to do a one off design, but an engineer or architectural technician would be less so.
I came across a book by this guy a few years ago - basically a book with many different house designs. If one suited your needs, you bought the full set of plans etc off him, but more reasonable than a bespoke design. Not sure how much they cost (or how long ago it was - May be a bit dated) as in the end we didn’t use him. But it seemed like a good idea to me
http://www.mkelly.ie/the-practice/about
The title Architect is still a protected title.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion